PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive recommendations?

tony_i
25th November, 2008, 10:26 AM
As we now seem to be able to schedule recording on the SV4 due to the latest update, can anyone recommend a suitable hard drive to use with the box?

I've also noticed that my epg only extends a couple of days into the future, rather than the advertised 7 days. Any tips to fix this?

Cheers for any help

Tony

thewizardofodds
25th November, 2008, 11:32 AM
The epg on real boxes is day or 2 max thats why mate.
What buttons for the record on the 1.05 version

tony_i
25th November, 2008, 12:31 PM
I always thought the prog guide was 7 days. Advertised widely as having a "100% working 7 Day Program guide".

Seems to schedule a recording you highlight the programme you wish to record and tag it with the record button for your hdd (and reverse the process to untag). Haven't really tried it yet, though. Be great if it works.

satsmo
25th November, 2008, 05:36 PM
It does work via the EPG page and the record button, using 1.05 firmware. Just scroll to the channel/programme you want in EPG mode. Press the record button and thats it set.

thewizardofodds
25th November, 2008, 05:39 PM
I always thought the prog guide was 7 days. Advertised widely as having a "100% working 7 Day Program guide".

it probably does by virgin doesnt

satsmo
25th November, 2008, 05:42 PM
You need a proper EPG filter set up within the firmware to allow 7 day coverage and then only on a selected amount of channels.

Regards the thread title, this is the external HDD I use. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/usb-stick-starview-4-a-10771/#post61519

tony_i
25th November, 2008, 05:52 PM
You need a proper EPG filter set up within the firmware to allow 7 day coverage and then only on a selected amount of channels.

Regards the thread title, this is the external HDD I use. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/usb-stick-starview-4-a-10771/#post61519

Thanks.

Really like the look of the hdd. Small, no external power supply. Excellent.