PDA

View Full Version : problem with Flashwizard 6.3

seanok
25th November, 2008, 11:32 AM
I am trying to change the default image on my db 7020 using Flashwizard but each time I try I get a message back which says Cannot connect to 192.168.1.24 please check the parameters . I looked at the parameters but cannot get any further .
When I try to change the default on the Dreambox the image just keeps slipping to the one I dont want .

aftermath
25th November, 2008, 11:47 AM
might not be your broblem m8, but flashwizard pro 6.3 is for DM500 e.t.c. I think you need flashwizard pro 6.4, its here in download section.

what is the IP of your router ?
uncheck the DHCP box in IP setup and try changing the IP address to within 5 of your router.

krazylegz
25th November, 2008, 12:29 PM
dont use flashwizard pro its a very unreliable of flashing a dreambox and personally i never use it as it fails too much.

have a read of the following thread m8

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/how-flash-dreambox-7020-a-7323/

alunfennell
25th November, 2008, 01:33 PM
FlashWizard 6.3

FlashWizard can now address up to 10 dreamboxes, each one with its Name, IP, Login,
Passwd, Multiboot used devices, NFS share status, NFS ip, NFS shared directory.
You can easily select the target machine from a drop down list, on any window
(Flash and Multiboot), before starting install procedure.
All parameters are set-up on Configuration and Utilities panel.
The connection parameters for all dreamboxes are saved to "fwconnections.ini"
file, the file is encrypted and the passwords are hidden while FW is running.
To preserve your connection data, keep that file, and replace it in FlashWizard's
folder when you will upgrade to a new program release.

Flash Wizard is in DreamBoxTools V4.0 and can be downloaded from here (Free)
h**p://www.sendspace.com/file/uqbr2x

Details:
1-DreamUP V1.3.3.2
2-DreamBoxEdit V3.0.0.0
3-Dreambox Control Center v2.95
4-bitcontrol? MPEG Decoder v3.0 (MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4)
5-bitcontrol? Digital TV Link v3.0
6-DVR-Studio Pro v1.56
7-Screenshot Tool v1.71
8-NFS Server v4.3
9-VLC media player v0.9.6
10-FLASHWIZARD v6.3
11-On2Share Pro v4.3.0.7

Dreambox 7020 Details from back in 2006

on DM 7020, on multiboot install (CF-USB-HDD-NFS):
- NFI images, with OpenEmbedded structure
- NFI images, with Tuxbox-CVS (dm7000-like) structure (i.e.: Neutrino)
- IMG images, built for dm7000 with new LZMA compression
- IMG images, built for dm7000 (all previous images, from 107.4 to 1.09)
- FWZ and FW2 backups of 7020 NFI images, both OpenEmbedded and Tuxbox-CVS
- FWZ and FW2 backups of 7000 IMG images
WARNING:
- on 7020, you *must* have in flash a true OpenEmbedded image (no 7000 cvs-tuxbox ).
Make sure before installing FlashWizard on your 7020 to have an OE image in flash.

on DM 7000, on flash and multiboot install (CF-HDD-USB-NFS):
- all known DM7000 IMG images, from 107.4 to 1.09
Just make sure to have a compatible image in flash when you install a new one.
In example, to install a new LZMA compressed image, you must have a LZMA image in flash too.
- all FWZ and FW2 backups of 7000 images (both on flash and multiboot)
FWZ and FW2 backups can be saved and restored with ALL images in flash, as they don't care of the
flash image's kernel/squashfs version.

seanok
25th November, 2008, 02:35 PM
Many thanks for all your suggestions . I will work on them later when I have some time and let you know how I have progressed .

Neil
26th November, 2008, 09:27 AM
what is the IP of your router ?
uncheck the DHCP box in IP setup and try changing the IP address to within 5 of your router.

I can not understand why that would make any difference at all, why would this help please?

Neil
26th November, 2008, 09:35 AM
dont use flashwizard pro its a very unreliable of flashing a dreambox and personally i never use it as it fails too much.

That is the best way to flash a 7020. It is taken from the Dream website but you do need a DHCP server on your network - usually a home router for most people.

You say flashwizard can not connect to 192.168.1.24. Have you tried to ping 192.168.1.24 from your PC to make sure it is visible to your PC?

If you don't know how to click start then run and type cmd in the box and press enter. A black window will open. type ping 192.168.1.24 and press enter. If you get a reply back saying something like Reply from 192.168.1.24 and some numbers it can see it ok. Make sure the 192.168.1.24 is in the replay from line - you can get other messages that will mean you have a problem.

If you get a Request timed out message then your PC can not see the Dreambox.

If that is the case check your PC's IP address using the ipconfig command in that same cmd prompt window you did the ping in. Let us know the results of that.

nemo
1st December, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys..i had similar probs.

kentish
4th February, 2009, 03:18 PM
I have not had any problem flashing images to my 7000 or to the USB stick using Flashwizard 6.4 from a PC with a cable network connection through my router to the Dreambox.

But I cannot get a connection to work using a PC with a wireless connection through the same router??? I can ping the Dreambox and I can manipulate files on the Dreambox using 'Filezilla' (FTP).

Is there some problem with the timing of the network interactions between Flashwizard and the Dreambox using a wireless connection?

bno1953
21st March, 2009, 08:24 AM

What is your suggested alternative (i.e. beond the idea mentioned in the link hence seems bordersome ) if any enabelling multichoise image? KR bno

stu246
5th August, 2009, 05:39 PM
Use dcc for flashing via the ethernet that programme is quite reliable.