PDA

View Full Version : Paying Sly and Vermin not even worth it

Life-Magazine
13th June, 2010, 06:42 PM
Even after having all the channels - and I mean all - on Starview and subsequently losing it to this nagra 3 shinanigans, I see no justifiable reason why I should pay ?48+ a month for what I had for free all these years.

The worst part is I wasn't even watching TV that much but having all those channels on my TV was like a safe bet anytime I was bored.

Sky Sports showed great matches from time to time and Sky Movies was like Groundhod Day showing the same movies every day. I remember they showed The Dark Knight every day for 1 month.

Anyway, my two cents. I think in a few years there will be a crack and I'll use my starview but until then Freeview and laptop it is.

andybog
14th June, 2010, 12:29 PM
totally agree with you mate, every nite for a few months i check whats on and there is nothing! not worth paying all that cash to watch repeats.

kermitthefrog
14th June, 2010, 03:24 PM
uk gold is superb !

jumpinjo
14th June, 2010, 03:27 PM
I think in a few years there will be a crack and I'll use my starview .

have you already made arragements to get cryogenically frozen :canabis:

kermitthefrog
14th June, 2010, 03:35 PM
best ive heard for a long time !:goodpost:

Tenpin
14th June, 2010, 04:09 PM
I see that Virgin are now offering Sly sport 1 and 2 for ?13-50 a month, whe it gets down to ?8 I may take it up

melloned
14th June, 2010, 06:02 PM
:p I'll watch whatever footy i want on the live streaming ,as i've most of the rest on dvd .
I know most of the programmes on uk gold off by heart , just how many times can they get away with repeating , only fools , open all hours , porridge ,one foot in the grave,vicar of dibley , etc etc ...... and over and over ....... turn over !

Pakmoto
14th June, 2010, 07:21 PM
Totaly agree, I've reverted to satellite using a TM800HD and it's all I require, the HD footie is class, anything else I just download.

?48 a month X 12 + ?150(TV Licence) = 726 a year.