PDA

View Full Version : Uboot and 910HD

dwalker
25th November, 2008, 02:25 PM
Hi

Just bought an Ipbox 910HD and i'm about to install new image and some addons. Read that i need uboot 1.3.3 to install the image. As i haven't received the ipbox yet i don't know which version is installed from the factory (or if it even is something that is installed as standard). Where can i download the latest version and where can i find guides showing how to install uboot. Or have i misunderstood and it is just to flash/install the new Ipbox official image?

aftermath
25th November, 2008, 11:45 PM
Not sure if uboot is ready for the 910 as the first release is for the 900 and the 9000, but maybe someone can try it.

uboot is used if you want to be able to multiboot images.

its easy to install, all you need is to download PC editor from here and a USB cable (not the printer type ). IP box910 dont have that kind os usb connection, only normal usb socket

keep the power button pressed in while you switch on your box.

should get a message on LCD saying " USB UPGRADE "

let go of the button.

then in PC Editor point to uboot to be flashed to the box.

Takes about a minute to flash.

You dont need uboot to flash an image, uboot is if you want to multiboot different images.

you can flash an image, using the same method above by pressing in the power button and switching on the box.

dwalker
30th November, 2008, 12:32 AM
Thx for the answer. Got my ipbox, uploaded the image, installed mgcamd so now the box is up and running :)