PDA

View Full Version : LOST TINY POP AND HITV AFTER IN-LINE AMP

leejones
14th June, 2010, 02:22 AM
hello guys, i need some advice. i have a DM800HD clone with L3 tuner, i installed a 20db inline amp and the glitching on discoveryHd and ESPN HD stopped , but i then get 70%snr on tiny pop but glitches on the picture, and no picture at all on HITv . my setup is Channel master 1.2, , superjack vbox, , nabilo blackhole 1.3. , invacom lnb. i know my system should be good as it is well aligned, and i get 45w - 42e , even get a lot of horizontal transponders on 7W at night,(based in london) . How will i be able to stop the glitching on discovery HD and espnHd without losing Hitv and tiny pop. any advice will be appreciated. thanks

bubbles69
14th June, 2010, 07:36 AM
woops a 20db amp is wrong you need a SLOPE function amp this automatic selects amplification for each channel you switch too, you need the amp ukdreamshop sells m8

sale12
14th June, 2010, 12:24 PM
I also experience very slight glitching on few channels and tried both 20db and 13-18db slope function amp, they both stop the glitching but the problem I am having now is that my motorized dish would not move to a different satellite!

sale12
14th June, 2010, 10:00 PM
I also experience very slight glitching on few channels and tried both 20db and 13-18db slope function amp, they both stop the glitching but the problem I am having now is that my motorized dish would not move to a different satellite!

Anyone hade a same problem and managed to find a solution for this?

damiensk
14th June, 2010, 11:49 PM
the amp shouldnt stop ypur motor from moving to other sat positions!!
have you got it set up right, ie as it leaves the motor heading to your reciever, and not before the motor??

sale12
15th June, 2010, 12:30 AM
the amp shouldnt stop ypur motor from moving to other sat positions!!
have you got it set up right, ie as it leaves the motor heading to your reciever, and not before the motor??

This is how I set it up damiensk; approx. 30cm off cable coming from back of the receiver, than the amp and than the rest of the cable going to the motor. I also tried both sides of the amp without success.

leejones
15th June, 2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice , i'll try and get the slope function amp and update with results.

damiensk
16th June, 2010, 12:09 AM
sale12, my amp set up, is right after the motor, heading towards the reciever. was told at the time by a sat dish installer, that you need to boost the signal while its still strong, and not after its already losing signal. im lucky as my dish is easy to get too, so it wasnt a prob. as why your dish wont move, try again without the amp, and if it moves, then your amp must be faulty, and acting as some kind of a filter,
but just guessing!!!!!

sale12
16th June, 2010, 06:21 PM
sale12, my amp set up, is right after the motor, heading towards the reciever. was told at the time by a sat dish installer, that you need to boost the signal while its still strong, and not after its already losing signal. im lucky as my dish is easy to get too, so it wasnt a prob. as why your dish wont move, try again without the amp, and if it moves, then your amp must be faulty, and acting as some kind of a filter,
but just guessing!!!!!

Thanks for that damiensk, but fortunately I have somehow managed to solve my problem today. All I did was I changed the two pin power cable that use to go in to the adapter with three pin UK one that I found last night by chance while searching for something else, I then turned the receiver on, but the glitching was still there, finally I turned the amp other way around and as a result my signal strength was unchanged at 99%, no glitching whatsoever and I am able to move the dish to other satellites! Happy days.

leejones
17th June, 2010, 11:27 PM
Update, received my in-line amp today with slope function and all the channels are working now. got hi tv , tiny pop, and also no glitching on the HD channels. Thanks to all for the advice.

sale12
17th June, 2010, 11:48 PM
Update, received my in-line amp today with slope function and all the channels are working now. got hi tv , tiny pop, and also no glitching on the HD channels. Thanks to all for the advice.

Glad you sorted mate.

bubbles69
18th June, 2010, 06:10 AM

were did you purchase it in the the end?