PDA

View Full Version : ipbox quick setup for a noob with cable

rickets
25th November, 2008, 06:23 PM
Could not find a quick guide here so ...

Got an ipbox 9000 (ie relook) for only an hour today. Has a S and C tuner From memory quick setup for cable is like this:

1. download flashtools (which comes with usb driver)
2 download an image, I found this one good (tried 2 others but they crashed all the time) SifTeam_0.1.8_r8340_for_Revo
3. hook up ipbox to laptop using usb
4. power on ipbox at back while keeping front power button pressed. keep pressed till it says usb upgrade.
5. tell your laptop to use the usb driver that came with flashtools.
6 open flashtools , click usb, locate the image and then download.
7 takes about 5-7 min for the image to go on.
8. power off.
9. connnect to tv, power up.

Rest is slightly hazy but in general if you have a C and S tuner a scan has to scan both. So I edited the Thor satellite transponder list and deleted all of them except one then added Thor to the list of satellites to be scanned.

Selected channel scan and picked dublin 6887 fast scan for the C tuner.
Did a scan, it first scanned Thor (took 10 secs) then it found all the channels for cable.

Next steps - give it an ip and subnet mask (won't work if no subnet mask) and ftp the magic files over to it.

I have only gotten this far and have to give it back, next step is to change ip back to dhcp and connect to internet, (use the panel script I think) and download the cams. Then engage mgcamd and watch all those cable channels come to life...

Looks a nice bit of kit. Not for me though !