PDA

View Full Version : Sky dish re-position

MAXEDOUT
14th June, 2010, 06:05 PM
Hi,

Have got a sky dish on a south facing wall, want to reposition to chimney stack still south facing. If I just unscrew brackets from wall and re-position to stack will I need to do any fine tuning ?

blueboy510
14th June, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi,

The signal for the astra bird at 28.2 East is very strong, so as long as you mimic the other dishes around you then you should pick it up. Your best bet would be to have someone looking at your signal meter on your digibox to help you get as strong a signal as possible (unless of course you have a sat meter?).
If you go to www.dishpointer.com (http://www.dishpointer.com) - you can locate your house and get the line of sight to 28.2E

MAXEDOUT
14th June, 2010, 06:42 PM
That site is unbelievable man, thanks !

ITS A SCAM !
14th June, 2010, 08:32 PM
Not sure how you intend to fasten the dish to the chimney...but if you can use a lashing kit, rather than actually drilling the chimney...there is allways the chance that you could loosen some bricks or mortar in the process....

father ted
14th June, 2010, 09:28 PM
ok let em get this into my head ,you have a sly dish facing south ?
does it pick up sly??#

and if it does why do you want to relocate?

alec
15th June, 2010, 01:08 PM
To pick-up Sky not really difficult if you are experience.
To move a Sky dish for optimal performance extremely difficult, without a very good Sat meter, especially if it is hard to get to. I would measure the up-down angle of dish, and get that right at least. Unless you obtain a expensive Sat meter to use. The cheaper ones will give a reasonable idea, and fine tune the left -right with the receiver, if possible. If not, unless lucky a lot of trial and effort.