PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Zetec 1998

timeless
14th June, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hi can anyone help.
I am having troble coding the spare key for my car. I have the red key and another key which both work but I cannot seem to program the third key.
I put the first working key in the ignition turn to position 2 then remove

then I put the second working key in the ignition and turn to position 2
Then I put in the third unprogrammed key in turn to position 2.

This works I can start the engine but when I reove it and put it in the ignition again it does not work. I have repeated this loads of times within the 5 seconds it say in the hand book.

Any help would be appreciated

dafdiagnos
14th June, 2010, 10:48 PM
this procedure should work m8, also worth trying keeping other keys well away from car when trying to program. failing this, might need autodiagnos multitester to program

squirrelbandy
14th June, 2010, 10:53 PM
if is a solid red key key then this is a master key , to programme the new key in you have to do as follows.

#insert red key and turn to position 2 so dash lights come on ,
if the system is a red master key system the light will come on then go off , immediately after light going off turn ignition off and light should come on solid , car is now in programming mode.
now put unprogrammed key in ignition and turn ignition on and light will come on and go off . key programmed
hth
please thank if works

timeless
15th June, 2010, 04:59 PM
Will try thanks guys

timeless
17th June, 2010, 03:30 PM
must be a duff key still not working

crx1616
17th June, 2010, 03:37 PM
if the key is broken it will give you code 13 on pats light if you get code 15 key is good but need program

fuser76
17th June, 2010, 04:33 PM
hello timeless,

Talking about this issue I had hear that in some cars, it is only possible to program by pairs. Example: 2, 4, 6, etc but it is not possible to program 3,5,7 etc.

I hope it can help.

smirnoff_rules
17th June, 2010, 04:47 PM
is the red light flashin on the clock
and does your interior light work ..all doors and bonnet have to be closed