PDA

View Full Version : starview1 & superbox4usb advice & review

good2know
26th November, 2008, 03:54 AM
New member guys/gals

Anyone who finds there sound missing after installing the starview 4 usb
and activating the key code via 1570 in the menu...

Simple fix, just switch off the power physically at the switch for a few secound and when it reboots the sound will work fine.

Also I can recommend the starview 1 fix I got off ebay for self updating the code. worked unconditionally till i upgraded to the starview 4 usb
Paid a couple of quid and boy was it worth it not to worry about losing the code and typingit in every couple of days

Happy as a Pig in muck now with the new one !!

Old starview boxes have a high resale value to friends & I would reccomend the upgrade to anyone cause the new starview 4 usb has too many great features to list in comparasense.

such as..

Stick a large capacity sd+reader or usb stick or harddrive in the back and you have the equivelent of sky plus

Full Epg listings instead of blank areas that don`t load
Very fast channel searching ( couple of mins )
auto arrangement of channels ( films , music , sport , ect.. )

I have the old firmware version 1.01 and it loses virg-n1 and plus 1 and also sk','1 on occation but a simple manual scan on the channel thats lost brings it back quickly... I`m hoping the new update firmware will iron out the glitches

well thats about it .... Hope this Helps !!

All The Best

G2K

satsmo
27th November, 2008, 12:05 AM
Why did you buy the Cryptstar patch, it is free everywhere as it should be? Let us know how you get on with 1.05.

tim417
27th November, 2008, 07:41 PM
a real help. cheers

pippincp
1st December, 2008, 11:39 PM
Why did you buy the Cryptstar patch, it is free everywhere as it should be? Let us know how you get on with 1.05.

Quite right too!

786ati
19th December, 2008, 01:28 PM
Could you help me to fix, starview1 box plz
have u got software?
cheers, plz reply me on atifkamran@hotmail.co.uk
i shall b very thankfull to u.
atif

cng1958
19th December, 2008, 03:28 PM
atif look in the download section for fix for your box

tony_i
19th December, 2008, 03:39 PM
I think the SV4 has a loooong way to go before the recording function and the epg is reliable enough to be compared to slyplus.

Hopefully they're working on this as we speak.

786ati
19th December, 2008, 04:29 PM
thanks i have downloaded i wll try on box tonight . if that worked will save my ?10
cheers.

pippincp
22nd December, 2008, 01:41 AM
My small problem is that I don't know what software to use to convert the .ts file to DVD. If anyone has a bit of advice I'll give it a try.

Pip