PDA

View Full Version : New code to detect Mod Chips

DiddyDave
26th November, 2008, 08:23 PM
I have seen in a few news groups that there is some new code been put in to the new games that detect Modchips and Bootloaders. The trial is in the Need for Speed Undercover. Not sure if it will find all modchips but it did find my mates chip and my bootloader.

dowlinr
26th November, 2008, 09:14 PM
So what does it do if it finds them? Does it delete the mod or just not play the game?

DiddyDave
27th November, 2008, 08:07 PM
The game just does not play it gives you an error screen saying some thing like disk error

FoxForceFive
28th November, 2008, 12:59 AM
Here's a fix:

Need for speed Under Cover problems = SOLVED! (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/720661)

Everything they do regards the Wii will be hacked now, the hackers know the machine & IOS very well so can circumnavigate any obstacle.

mistermofo
3rd December, 2008, 08:01 PM
it just like the 001 error you get if you got an old chip installed and playing backup that have security checks installed just boot game using greko

NFS however comes up with an 002 error and refuses to work with grekko

if you have a newer mod chip installed it works fine just run the update on the disc

i got it working with out ant issues on a 3.2e wii with d2sun v3 insatlled

but it wouldnt work on a 3.2e with an older chip installed

DiddyDave
3rd December, 2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the tip but it seems to be for the NTSC-U I need the PAL version. I have given them a go and they did install fine but the game still never started up just got the Blue Screen of Death LOL...!!!!!!

madwiv5kids
4th December, 2008, 03:44 PM
hi i have a wii 3.3e with a d2 sun v3 installed but nfs undercover and wii music back ups wont work for me they want me too up date any ideas thanks

Yumraaj
4th December, 2008, 10:50 PM
Hi guys I have been using a modchip for while now and I can guarantee you if you patch your downloaded games with wiibrick blocker first, all your game will play nicely and won't even ask you to carry any update. This is because WiiBrick Blocker patch the actual games with a fake firmware which when you inserted the disc your wii doesnt even know that firmware is there. And if you are having problem with imported games, Try RegionFrii, this will actually convert the region to whatever you want.

Both software are for PC ONLY and google is your best friend!!!
Hope this help.

dell_xps
6th December, 2008, 08:06 PM
hi i have a wii 3.3e with a d2 sun v3 installed but nfs undercover and wii music back ups wont work for me they want me too up date any ideas thanks

Install the homebrew channel m8, boot the games from there, I know for a fact Wii music runs ok, not tried nfs as yet.

DiddyDave
7th December, 2008, 12:48 PM
I use the BrickBlocker on all games but as I don't have a chip in my Wii I will have to wait for another Backup Loader to be done or just buy the N4S Undercover LOL