PDA

View Full Version : CAMs, cards, keys. What should I do?

wolf359
26th November, 2008, 08:24 PM
I recently had a motorised satellite system installed (1.0 metre dish, quad output LNB, Motec 2100 motor, Techmomate 5400 receiver) and thinking about a Diablo CAM + programmer. Can anyone tell me if I'd need to get blank (viewing) cards, and if so, what is best. From what I've picked up so far reading posts on here and elsewhere, the Diablo does the decrypting and cards don't seem to be required as keys are stored on the CAM. Is this right?
The only other experience with satellite I've had was a Filmnet decoder back on Astra 19.2E analogue in the '80s :)
Advice most appreciated

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th November, 2008, 09:28 PM
A cam will work without a card...keys are kept on them.

wolf359
27th November, 2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks Sadiq999uk. That's cleared that one up. I guess the point of the cards is to use them with boxes without CI slots. Is there any way the non-satellite-engineers among us can help with keys or anything? I am impressed by the amount of knowledge available on this forum. How can I help?

28th November, 2008, 12:06 AM
I dont understand your question very well but i think your asking how to keep it up to date. To do so..underworld(cam file) can be uploaded by me if you need it. Its like the patch for a receiver.

ireland-batt
28th November, 2008, 07:14 PM
Sadiq999uk mate whats the best to buy? how often to i need to update ? and how hard is it eg

29th November, 2008, 12:05 AM
Buy a diablo 2.3, thats the best cam and it runs off the `underworld` cam patch..the update requirments change but i have no idea how long they last. maybe Benny/9 will help out here.

san.anboon
1st December, 2008, 12:27 PM
HI CAN ANYONE HELP WITH ASOFTCAM TO GO ON USB KEY,AS I HAVE NEW KEY.S.ANBOON.PSAS IM NEW TO THIS.

1st December, 2008, 01:51 PM
download, extract and move to usb stick.
on receiver browse it and use it.

wolf359
2nd December, 2008, 01:05 AM
Cheers Sadiq. Checked out Underworld patch for Diablo CAM and found out as well about Stealth patch. Aside from one package, they seem identical. Is one better than the other, or is it just down to personal preference which one to use? :stupido2:

benny/9
2nd December, 2008, 11:47 AM
Cheers Sadiq. Checked out Underworld patch for Diablo CAM and found out as well about Stealth patch. Aside from one package, they seem identical. Is one better than the other, or is it just down to personal preference which one to use? :stupido2:
hi m8,
i would say always use the underworld files, i think most if not
all the new files are from the underworld team now, but to get
the full benifit from these files you must have the v2.3 diablo cam
with the old v2.2 diablo cam you cant open the conax chns, with
the files that are now posted.

2nd December, 2008, 05:08 PM
if you havent already bought it then be wary....some ppl sell 2.2`s as 2.3`s but there not.... be cautious when purchasing

KLIDDY
2nd December, 2008, 09:03 PM
I recently had a motorised satellite system installed (1.0 metre dish, quad output LNB, Motec 2100 motor, Techmomate 5400 receiver) and thinking about a Diablo CAM + programmer. Can anyone tell me if I'd need to get blank (viewing) cards, and if so, what is best. From what I've picked up so far reading posts on here and elsewhere, the Diablo does the decrypting and cards don't seem to be required as keys are stored on the CAM. Is this right?
The only other experience with satellite I've had was a Filmnet decoder back on Astra 19.2E analogue in the '80s :)
Advice most appreciated

hello mate,
diablo cam 2.3 has most to offer ATM on 1west:

krazylegz
2nd December, 2008, 09:21 PM
has anyone got a upto date list of packages that is open on diablo 2.3?

benny/9
2nd December, 2008, 11:49 PM
has anyone got a upto date list of packages that is open on diablo 2.3?
the diablo opens the dig-tv and canal+nordic chns on thor 1w
there are about 350 chns on this sat that open most in english
it also opens the digialb chns on eutelsat 16e but not the HD chns
these are now linked to digialbs official receiver only it open some chns on
eurobird 9e mainly german channels and it open kablekiosk on 8w it also opens
most thing that are open on the other satellites and thor and digialb have
between them film,sport. discovery,animal planet, cartoon,gen tv,hallmark,adult
plus lots of HD chns on canal nordic, far to many chns to list for you

3rd December, 2008, 01:22 AM
Krazylegz.. Have you not seen that list someone posted? Just take away premiere world and it should be up to date enough.

mistermac
3rd December, 2008, 12:38 PM
Hi mate,

remember that you will also need a cas 3 programmer to update the the cam. Diablo cam Version 2.3 must always be programmed with the underworld file.

san.anboon
9th December, 2008, 11:47 AM
hi and thanks to you all,what i should of ask was softcam key 4the usb key 4my technomate 5400ci,how do i programme it 2 my usb key,and where do i find info on this

wolf359
9th December, 2008, 05:14 PM
Finally got back! Wow! Can't believe the posts this has generated! Thanks to all who have responded. OK, got Diablo CAM rev 2.3 and CAS 3+ programmer from Wizard Satellite and downloaded all the manuals, software and the Underworld patch, so I think I'm ready to experiment :)
It's worth noting that there are lots of interesting things available on Thor 1.0W and Sirius 4.8E using the patch available through this forum without spending the ?130 on the CAM and CAS kit.
thanks again to Sadiq, Benny/9, Kliddy and mistermac for the advice, to the forum just for being there, to my mum and dad, without whom, all this would not be possible.... :congrats: :proud: lol

10th December, 2008, 12:26 AM
Your welcome mate... Its nice to help