PDA

View Full Version : starview 1 clone picture problem

ozshea
26th November, 2008, 10:20 PM
i just got a starview 1 clone for nothin off a mate of mine, it has the latest software all the chanells ar wrkin fine, the problem is the picture is jumpin up and down constantly, i'm tinkin it maybe got a fall or sumtin and the problem is on the board maybe there's a chip i could change if i could get pointed in the right direction, i just want to put it in my daughter's room if i could get it goin, i have it on the last couple of hrs and it seem;s to be very hot this might hav sumtin to do wit it. any help appreciated otherwise its a bin job i think......

satsmo
27th November, 2008, 12:00 AM
Presume you flashed it with the Cryptstar 257 patch? Have you got it set to PAL in settings and checked your scart is sound and in the correct scart socket?

ozshea
27th November, 2008, 12:13 AM
thanks for the reply satsmo, i havent flashed it at all i just plugged it in the way i was givin it, all chanells are unscrambled when i change station pic is fine for a couple of secs, then it just jump's up and down to the point where it's unwatchable, its on pal and scart in the right place, i've checked it again and it's very hot to the touch, dont no if this is normal as i've a couple of dm500c's myself havent realy any experience with starview apart from flashing them for mate's.

satsmo
27th November, 2008, 12:22 AM
They run quite hot, so obviously keep it well vented. They are prone to capacitor failure, with the C11 on the PSU been the usual culprit. I would recommend a re flash and factory reset. Turn key emu back on and rescan again.

If the problem persists try it first on another TV and see if it is the same. If it is then it is more than likely a cap or dry solder joint problem.

ozshea
28th November, 2008, 12:40 PM
thank's again, done a reflash and a factory reset, still the same problem is there a diagram out there that will point me at that particular cap, i havent opened the box yet hopefully its a dry joint that would be a quick fix, this is probably not the right time to be botherin ye with all that's goin on in the uk at the minute, i'm in ireland, my dreambox's and pace 4001 with fun card are still going, but no doubt the domino effect will hit us sooner rather than later, thank's again for your help it's much appreciated,

markh29
28th November, 2008, 12:46 PM
here you go mate

good luck

satsmo
28th November, 2008, 12:51 PM
Martins pic is old, you need to use a 16V 1000uf cap as a replacement for the C11.

ozshea
28th November, 2008, 12:55 PM
what can i say mark, only ur a legend, still hoping its a dry joint be a handier job

just a thought....if i was to dismantle some other piece of electronic equipment and find a capacitor of the same rating and replace the blown one with this would it do the same job or am i better off to get a new one without cutting corner's, of course it's all dependant on this being the actual problem,

thank's again mark....

ozshea
28th November, 2008, 12:56 PM
cheer's satsmo just see that post now.

ozshea
28th November, 2008, 01:28 PM
took it apart, there dosent seem to be a dry joint, apart from the s-video module being a wobbly it sit's on 6 little leg's, dont no if this is contributing to the fault....?????

i'm getting continuity through the C11 cap with a multimeter, not sure if this indicates the cap is not blown....???????

ozshea
28th November, 2008, 02:24 PM
tryed it with the s-video module removed, still the same.

satsmo
28th November, 2008, 02:26 PM
You will still get continuity through the cap. Just change it before you go down other avenues, 50p from Maplins and two minutes.

ozshea
28th November, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'll do that and get back to ya, thank's again for your prompt reply satsmo.:top:

ozshea
29th November, 2008, 02:24 PM
just replaced the whole board with a wrkin one,
still the same, problem must be on the other board...:banghead: