PDA

View Full Version : A3 med9.1 hardware to flash?

Autofix
15th June, 2010, 12:26 PM
I have an American Audi A3 (my own car) in Europe that has a rom error (checksum) in the engine ecu. It is not possible to flash it with the dealers as the vas does not recognise the ecu id and will not continue.

The cheapest way might be to read, repair and reflash the dump. I will need to buy the hardware to do this. What is the cheapest and safest way to do this? Where to buy?

thanks

rsibiza
20th June, 2010, 04:44 PM
I have an American Audi A3 (my own car) in Europe that has a rom error (checksum) in the engine ecu. It is not possible to flash it with the dealers as the vas does not recognise the ecu id and will not continue.

The cheapest way might be to read, repair and reflash the dump. I will need to buy the hardware to do this. What is the cheapest and safest way to do this? Where to buy?

thanks

The checksum error is normal,it occured on first soft of this MED9.1,someones got also this error after cheap tuning(clearly,old soft modified one time and sold 1000 times).

You would need an CMD flasher clone,or BDM100,but the chinese BDM have 2 different errors,on pinout and writing voltage,so i suggest an serial programmer as CMD or MAGPRO2,Kess.

But no Galetto or KWP2000+ clones,you will need an CAN based flasher.

But when you go to lokal dealer,check if he can update to newer sw

Autofix
22nd June, 2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks.

VAG dealer not able to help.

Any idea where is the best place to buy CMD clone?

rsibiza
23rd June, 2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks.

VAG dealer not able to help.

Any idea where is the best place to buy CMD clone?

Where do you come from?

Autofix
23rd June, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I am living in Spain. Car is from USA and the dealer VAS will not flash because the ECU identity is not recognised.

Any recommendations for a source to buy a clone kess or cmd?

thanks

rsibiza
23rd June, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I am living in Spain. Car is from USA and the dealer VAS will not flash because the ECU identity is not recognised.

Any recommendations for a source to buy a clone kess or cmd?

thanks

It may possible that you would not have acces to ECU with serial programmer,if VAS dont receive Data from ecu,an serial programmer will give you same error,not recognised.

The best way is to send ecu or take ecu to someone who have BDM,to be sure.

But be aware from Cloned BDM....they have several errors.

SPI pinout inversed,12 volt on reading and writing instead of 5...so,lot of possibilities to burn your ecu.

Go secure way,original BDM by some lokal tuner of friend,or some member you thrust here from DK

Autofix
23rd June, 2010, 09:21 AM
VAS had no problem with the ecu except it did not recognise the ECU identity. This is because the VAS is euro version and the ECU is USA version. Everything else was perfect as regards comms.

What I am looking for is to buy a clone cmd or kess as I would rather do this myself. I will have other use for the hardware. All I need to figure out now is where to buy.

thanks