PDA

View Full Version : are there any othe phone what can do the same as iphone???

djjwdubz
15th June, 2010, 12:52 PM
can anyone help, i want a phone what can do the same as a i-phone.

i want a phone what can use the same apps.

if any posts help the thanks button will be hit.

thanks.

biffo1
23rd June, 2010, 10:22 PM
the app support mate is the best on the plant @ the mo , for the iphone over 200 thousand apps ,

ad_rem
23rd June, 2010, 11:00 PM
you should have a look at the android market place/apps. htc phones with android oc are the best apparently.

another thing to consider is the fact that windows and android phones have easier apps to creat/alter or crack so i would advise doing some research on existing android or windows mobile apps e.g:
http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/softwares/1/

TacknoC
23rd June, 2010, 11:10 PM
Android OS proving worthwhile. The HTC Incredible is just as its labeled as far as I've witnessed.

smirnoff_rules
23rd June, 2010, 11:18 PM
L have tried htc phones and the iPhone is miles in front m8

ad_rem
23rd June, 2010, 11:41 PM
the iphone is definitely the best quality by miles, but android and windows mobile are most hackable. it depends on what you like and your experience.
I have a the HD2 with windows mobile and i like the development on it on other forums but there are stupid quality issues with it for the most powerful phone on the market e.g. when texting if it is receiving data at the same time typing the message lags ridiculously!
iphone 4 is out soon though, look it up its awesome!

Canker_Canison
25th June, 2010, 01:14 PM
Android is the way forward. Apple continually release phones with very minor upgrades & pointless marketing hype.

Iphone 4 has a front facing VGA camera that can't be used for standard video calls. It needs a wi-fi connection & will only connect to another Iphone 4.

WHY?! What was the point?

Yes the HTC HD2 has problems with the Sense UI on windows. Not really well planned by HTC.
But Android is open source, something Apple fear. Anyone can get the source code for the OS & moddify/enhance it. The App store is growing & Android allows complete customisation of the home screen...everything can be changed or new items created.

I would stay clear of Sony Ericsson's Android handsets as they have butchered it.

HTC & Samsung are leading the way. The HTC Desire is still the best all round phone on the market today. That includes the Iphone 4.

cgscott
25th June, 2010, 01:27 PM
can anyone help, i want a phone what can do the same as a i-phone.

i want a phone what can use the same apps.

if any posts help the thanks button will be hit.

thanks.

SCI-PHONE i68+ is a replica of the Iphone and its RRP is about ?75

djjwdubz
29th June, 2010, 09:59 AM

nice, so all the apps will work like iphone?

it looks nice man i like it!

thanks to all post for your help.

Canker_Canison
29th June, 2010, 10:54 AM

This does not use apps from the Iphone. Software is very rare for this phone. It does look like the Iphone, but it's not as easy to operate. Having said that...it does work & is far cheaper than the Iphone

aftermath
30th June, 2010, 05:42 PM
a few of my mates who bought the HTC desire are now wishing they bought an iPhone now, and they are struggling to sell them for a decent price. They dont have half as much support and the bettery life is worse than an iPhone.

iPhone for me every time...

davvo
6th July, 2010, 01:33 AM
SCI-PHONE i68+ don't support 3G network

clone phones use GPRS

clones don't support iphone apps
they use java

has the guts of a Sony Ericsson k750i
looks like a iphone

power33
6th July, 2010, 02:00 AM
One of my friends has a sci phone, but its not the latest model and its really lacking, but ive been with iphone since it started and thats what im staying on! Worth the money completely

Lyrrad
6th July, 2010, 08:47 AM
a few of my mates who bought the HTC desire are now wishing they bought an iPhone now, and they are struggling to sell them for a decent price. They dont have half as much support and the bettery life is worse than an iPhone.

iPhone for me every time...

My exeprience of the HTC Desire is 10/10.

I was coming as a long term Wmob user so the change over was not so easy. However the apps available for Android have allowed me to customize my phone to exactly what I want. AND everything actually works.

All Iphones that cannot muli-task, are a joke. I know the Iphone4 can, and I 'm not too sure if firmware updates will allow older iphones to do this.

Hopefully Android 2.2 will be available for HTC Desire 3rd quater, and battery life will vastly increase.

I do manage my wifi/bluetooth and screen brightness/turn off (all with TASKER APP- WIFI on only at home location by default, bluetooth on only in car by default) to ensure my battery life gets me easily through the day. I have 1200 mins any network, 500 texts, unlimited landline calls, unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile calls, unlimited data. I consider myself a heavy user. My phone gets charged each night.

ronaldo121
6th July, 2010, 03:24 PM
Whereas both the android and the apple os are brilliant. The Apple iPhone is way ahead on the application side the HTC or any android phone dispite its brilliant OS can't come close apps wise to the apps for the iPhone.

The android market is flooded with apps but the quality is seriously lacking.

pawliukazz
7th July, 2010, 07:56 PM
I think there's no other phone which is better that iPhone. Well it's a fact apperently... So if there's a phone that can run ipa apps, then it won't be as good as on a real iPhone...

realiti2000
16th July, 2010, 07:43 PM
Hey There.. allow me to chime into the discussion.. With regards to the original question in this thread: I can only confirm what other mentioned: Android offers an excellent Market with lots of apps. It is even superior than the iphone with its notification system and with the facebook / twitter integration.

I recently checked out the samsung galaxy s (i9000) - i would recommend it! Good and fast iphone function like device!

thesparky
15th August, 2010, 09:39 AM
I have had lots of phones on trial and I settled for the HD2, better in every way compared to the iphone 3g other than the ammount of apps.
Hopefully the android versions as apose to windows will bring far more apps.

bazare
16th August, 2010, 06:29 AM
Im a huge fan of sony ericsson. Even I had an iphone for a few months I think the best option for me is the xperia x10. The new android will be suported.

thesparky
16th August, 2010, 01:53 PM
The android will have more apps eventuly but have a higher risk of viruses attatched. Iphone test all apps before sale (unless jail broken of course). not sure if android will introduce similar security measures or wait untill it becomes a larger problem.