PDA

View Full Version : Got my VU+ DUO yeah !!!! usb recording problem

jas95aero
15th June, 2010, 07:50 PM
So i got my vu+duo and was impressed how quick and easy to setup, i was used to tm9101 and didnt think that was too bad once u backed up your sats etc.

Just one question waiting for my hdd (samsung 1.5tb F2 eco)to come but i got a usb stick 128gb, is there a way to record to the usb stick? as when i set it up sys now hdd?

Maybe i'm doing this wrong is there a sticky or anyone else tried recording to usb stick thanks guys.

Sorry forgot to say using dream elite 1.3.3f (i think thats right the latest one and ended in f!)

father ted
15th June, 2010, 08:14 PM
ok what image do you have on it? at this moment they are having a few problems not with recording but playing back files ,the latest VTI has addressed some of these problems as have some PLI tbh im not sure about your problem ive not tried it myself ,am at work the now but will have a go for you tomorrow if no one ahs helped out

jas95aero
15th June, 2010, 09:37 PM
hi using dream elite 1.3.3.f
the box pics up usb stick, maybe i'm just selecting it wrong or incorrectly set up.

Would this be same as usb hdd??

father ted
15th June, 2010, 09:42 PM
i wouldnt want to commit myself to an answer the now m8 as im at work rite now and as i say ive not tried it :stupido:

westkill
15th June, 2010, 09:42 PM
if same as dreambox
image try post#19
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/save-usb-stick-not-hrd-drive-108486/index2.html

jas95aero
15th June, 2010, 10:01 PM
thanks but no video button on vu remote, i got swap file setup on hdd which is actualy usb stick

westkill
15th June, 2010, 10:37 PM
hard to say as i hant got one to test lol

alunfennell
17th June, 2010, 02:02 AM
Try a different Image ! If the Dream Elite Image for the Dreambox 500 HD is anything like the VU+ then your heading into problems, Dream Elite 1.3.3 has very little working on it properly, I ended up changing Image after a few day, because of Mounting issues,Poor picture quality, no fan control (Overheating in standby) wrongly allocated Keys (by Default) and none of the sensory information was working, this been there third updated Image over the past few months and to have none of this fixed is a joke !

I would recommend to you to look for another stable image else where and forget about these experimental images by Dream Elite, until at least they fix some of the basic problems with there Images, if not you will end up re flashing every few weeks as they release updated Images, which becomes a pain in the Ass....