PDA

View Full Version : I can't get some channels

Celt
17th June, 2010, 09:03 PM
I've scanned and re-scanned. I wanted to log into the old SK and try and get an answer that i got or there before, but obviously it's gone. You see, the channel names comes up and beside the channel on the menu is the program name in brackets, but no picture. I think someone said before that i had to get the menu up and press the red button or something like that ???

It's like this on the menu :- skysports1 - Cricket (but no picture comes up)

BTW...hello to everyone and thanks for a place to look at ITgate issues.

andiewill
18th June, 2010, 09:22 AM
What area are you in is it a nag 3 zone ? have you tried a rescan on brute force ? and when you press ok then the red button this should bring in all your channles in alphabetical order, if you have duplicates then you are heading for the nag 3 change over.

what you need to do is press and hold the epg button on a premium channle and this will bring in your info and scroll to page 3 and tell us what info do you have for your stream ?

Celt
18th June, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cheers mate i will message you the details.

fiannon
19th June, 2010, 08:25 PM
HI Guys ,
First post here as i was on SK like you guys.Tho i didnt post there often as it all used to run pretty smooth.However ive lost nearly all my channels like Celt and i cant use x-over cable and rescan etc as it cant connect to SK site anymore.
ive held the epg button and here is the info
Frequency 00627
Modulation 64-QAM
FEC AUTO
Symbol rate 06952
SNR 58%
AGC 55%
BER 0.00e+00
(x) lock (x)SYNC
ok thats all .
im very new to this and need all the help i can get . I have noidea what you meant Andiewill when you said trying to scan on "brute force"
Any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks lee

DogdySnigwirter
20th June, 2010, 09:32 AM
I lost all channels a while back and did a couple of scans inc. brute force and got nothing.
It was only after a factory reset and then rescans I got tv service back.

Celt
20th June, 2010, 01:10 PM
Hello Dogdy. What is a factory reset ?

pantomime horse
20th June, 2010, 09:26 PM
if its a 210 box
you need to press the info button twice
then scroll left to find out the stream data

DogdySnigwirter
20th June, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hello Dogdy. What is a factory reset ?

Press menu ... choose setup ... expert set up ... factory reset.

Then do a scan in brute force.

If you still have no picture check stream info. To do this press and hold the EPG button then scroll right ... post the info.

Tom_C
20th June, 2010, 10:17 PM
Hi, i have the same problem but i the channels are scrambled. Any ideas why?

v1per
20th June, 2010, 10:37 PM
HI,

Which Box are you refering too?? It sounds like a problem with DBox

michael.110141
20th June, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hi,

Got the same prob with my igate 220, done a factory reset and a brute scan but still down.

frequency:00754 mhz inv
modulation:64-qam fec:auto
symbol rate:06887 ksymb/s
snr 60%
agc 68% to 74%
ber 0.00e+00
x on lock
x on sync

any help you be brill.

pantomime horse
21st June, 2010, 08:01 AM
ok folks
if you check your stream info
1800 and you should still see channel.
1841 means nag 3 has hit you
then its game over time

DogdySnigwirter
21st June, 2010, 10:52 AM
ok folks
1843 means nag 3 has hit you
then its game over time

I checked my stream info and I have dual stream of 1800 & 1841 no sign of 1843 ... previous to losing all channels stream info was only 1800 ...
Are these numbers area specific or is it that they are using various streams to deliver the same result?

skydive80
21st June, 2010, 12:50 PM
I checked my stream info and I have dual stream of 1800 & 1841 no sign of 1843 ... previous to losing all channels stream info was only 1800 ...
Are these numbers area specific or is it that they are using various streams to deliver the same result?

Thanks for this bud i have now got my channels back ( well most ) have you got the Frequency for skysports 1 & 3 and the old PPV subs.

DogdySnigwirter
21st June, 2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for this bud i have now got my channels back ( well most ) have you got the Frequency for skysports 1 & 3 and the old PPV subs.

ss1&3 ... 00794
no ppv on mine

Celt
21st June, 2010, 07:12 PM
It's all double dutch to me, but here goes...

Frequency - 00754

modulation - 64-QAM

symbol rate - 06887

FEC auto

snr 58%
agc 55%-62%

pantomime horse
21st June, 2010, 08:25 PM
oops meant 1841 not 1843
at the moment you have dual streams cos some people havent recieved cards yet or some such excuse
little by little your dual stream will disapeer till all you have is 1841 nag 3
oh and your 5 standard free channels too ie bbc1 bbc2 itv1 channel 4 and channel 5

DogdySnigwirter
21st June, 2010, 09:01 PM
It's all double dutch to me, but here goes...

Frequency - 00754

modulation - 64-QAM

symbol rate - 06887

FEC auto

snr 58%
agc 55%-62%

That was the last page of three you posted info on ... go back one page ... you should have stream info ... it will show as 1800 or 1841 ... or both.

chidinma
22nd June, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hi, U seem to know abt this itgate boxes. Ive got an itgate box 220 and most of the channels are scrambled. I have scaned and rescaned and have actually tried the bruteforce scan but its the same. When i clicked the info button twice, the following came up:
supported coding systems: xxxxh other/unknown
systems used in service: 1841h: Kudelski SA
frequency: 00363
modulation: 64-QAM

pantomime horse
22nd June, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hi, U seem to know abt this itgate boxes. Ive got an itgate box 220 and most of the channels are scrambled. I have scaned and rescaned and have actually tried the bruteforce scan but its the same. When i clicked the info button twice, the following came up:
sorry to tell you but
1841 means that you have a nagra 3 data stream only
at the moment that isnt cracked so you cant view channel

one option you have with a 220 is to go either the satelite or terestrial digital route because you can swap the tuner
hope this helps

DogdySnigwirter
22nd June, 2010, 09:32 PM

It is as Panto Horse says you are now receiving n3 ... how old is your box and what model 220 is it ... TGC, TGS or TGM

pantomime horse
22nd June, 2010, 09:58 PM
I cant confirm this but I'm sure I remember being told that the cable image on a 220 also works for satelite
if so change the tuner...put up a dish and go for it

mit2007
23rd June, 2010, 05:52 PM
I cant confirm this but I'm sure I remember being told that the cable image on a 220 also works for satelite
if so change the tuner...put up a dish and go for it

mate you are right.

Regards
mit2007

Celt
23rd June, 2010, 06:31 PM
Mines doesn't have a number. It says :-

xxxxh/uknown

pantomime horse
23rd June, 2010, 06:53 PM
Mines doesn't have a number. It says :-

xxxxh/uknown

which box do you have?

if its a 210 then press info twice
then scroll left
you see stream info there

if I remember correctly
with a 200 you press epg twice then scroll for stream info

a220 will be one or the other of those

when it says xxxxh unknown
scroll to the next page and it will tell you either 1800h
or 1800h and 1841h ie dual stream
or just 1841
if its just 1841 the you only have a nag 3 stream and can't view it
if its 1800 you can view it
if its dual stream then you should still be able to view but you may have to restart your cam

Celt
23rd June, 2010, 07:31 PM
Cheers mate. I done the fac reset and brute force. It would seem that 1841h Kudelski means no chanel. I seem to have more channels, but no sky sports anymore because it's a bruteforce scan. I guess i will just need to do different scans at different times. Will i lose all the chanels shortly ?

pantomime horse
23rd June, 2010, 07:57 PM
try doing a direct feed ie as soon as the cable comes into the house because that will be your strongest possible signal and scan it then
you may just possibly ,I stress possibly, pick up another feed that is still on 1800 but it is unlikely
either way
all of britain will be nag 3 soon

bonoka79
24th June, 2010, 11:36 PM
what did u do to have ur channel back . i got the same problem with my d box and will be happy if u can help

bonoka79
24th June, 2010, 11:48 PM
ok
mate thanks

phat1
26th June, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi lads,im on terestrial u#c in cork in ireland my stream info is 1802h Kudelski SA for movies and sports but i have no picture,For fta its none and for all other channels its 1800h kudelski SA and 1802h SA kudelski but i recieve a picture for all channels,Is there a way to get the channels back or are they gone to n3.Thanks for any info

ajd7
26th June, 2010, 04:51 PM
ok folks
1841 means nag 3 has hit you
then its game over time

I have both 1800 and 1841 and luckily enough am still getting channels, but unfortunatly due to move house in three weeks so if i take vermin at the new house will probably lose all as will have a new card and box.

freck
28th June, 2010, 10:27 AM
Hi lads,im on terestrial u#c in cork in ireland my stream info is 1802h Kudelski SA for movies and sports but i have no picture,For fta its none and for all other channels its 1800h kudelski SA and 1802h SA kudelski but i recieve a picture for all channels,Is there a way to get the channels back or are they gone to n3.Thanks for any info
Terrsetrial channels almost gone now in Cork,movies ,sport and a few kids channels and more.....all channels gone soon.
N3 hit Cork last year hence no cable bozes up,N3 now moving fast on the T channels so basically your in the same boat as eveyone else.....get a sat dish and a sat tuner for your itgate and youll get something back at least if you go down the right road.
Freck

phat1
28th June, 2010, 01:54 PM
Terrsetrial channels almost gone now in Cork,movies ,sport and a few kids channels and more.....all channels gone soon.
N3 hit Cork last year hence no cable bozes up,N3 now moving fast on the T channels so basically your in the same boat as eveyone else.....get a sat dish and a sat tuner for your itgate and youll get something back at least if you go down the right road.
FreckThanks for the info Freck could you point me on the right road,where would i get a sat tuner for it i have a sat dish,Thanks

freck
28th June, 2010, 03:14 PM
In all fairness,you dont have to look that hard....theres a thread here about it in this little ITgate section"sat tuner for itgate"....others have bought their tuners here (http://todoelectronica.com/tuner-satelite-para-itgate-tgm220-p-5437.html) so you might aswell ask them.I got mine from SK when it was up and running.
Freck

phat1
28th June, 2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the info freck i bought a sat tuner

Celt
4th July, 2010, 09:23 AM
All my channels went folks. I got a good innings out of them. Here's hoping something comes up.

dazzabhoy
15th July, 2010, 05:08 PM
starting to loose channels in north lanarkshire now. the end is nigh but we have had a good innings. kids are gutted.

dazza

Range-Stormer
23rd July, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hi guys

Just joined as I couldn't find the Satkings site and search brought me here. Thanks for giving us ITgate owners a home

Also loosing channels in the Guildford area - will try some of the advise given but could be looking at going back to freeview

Kids are gutted... but at least I won't be subjected to the kids american channels

boxman123
7th September, 2010, 07:34 PM
sky sports 2 doesnt show clearly on my box (itgate 210), its not totally scrambled, when i checked the stream info i had 1800 and 1841..im getting most of the other channels without any problems. Cant be nag 3 for me because i had a starview v2 box plugged in and skysports 2 worked fine. Itgate boxes for me have been a complete nightmare...if anyone could help id appreciate it very much. Just to also add i was a member of satkings and used it quite a lot and found some really useful help and decent people on there, i read in the forums that itgate boxes were the way forward, then satkings went down then i think the sales site went down, have tried emailing the sales site but no reply in fact my mail was bounced. I wish i had my old starview's back even a eurovox would do just fine.

plasterer
7th September, 2010, 11:31 PM
If your streaming 1800 and 1841
They will just slide all the 1800 channels from you a bit at a time
Then you will be left with Nag 3 and game over for a bit
Its nothing to do with the receiver,
Replace it with the other one
If the channels are on that one
Itgate will pick them up in that location ,for how long is anybodys Guess...............Paul

boxman123
8th September, 2010, 12:07 PM
thanks for the reply, is there any way to get round nag 3? or is it just a matter of time before all channels will be lost? not sure what to do after that my last resort would be to sign up for sky but its costly and would rather try anything else to be honest.

boxman123
8th September, 2010, 12:08 PM
i should of also mentioned that my itgate box hasnt been updated to the latest firmware, i noticed a few users posting images in threads on here etc but wasnt sure what to use because there isnt an itgate downloads section on DK.

andiewill
9th September, 2010, 12:49 PM
thanks for the reply, is there any way to get round nag 3? or is it just a matter of time before all channels will be lost?

No way at the mo to get round nag 3 on any box be it cable or sat, and yes you wil be left with fta channles.

And if your channles is just starting to go now ! you have had a great innings my friend, i still have mine going except sly 2 but hey i have had a great innings down here in the west as well compared to other regions who have had the switch over quite a while back.

boxman123
10th September, 2010, 11:35 AM
suppsoe you're right, and yes ive had a great innings, been using cable receivers for 3 years now so have saved a lot on what i would of paid for a sly subscription. thanks guys. im thinking about swapping the tuner in my itgate box to a sat tuner - any ideas on where to get a sat tuner for itagte 210? and what i need to do to get it working? as always, help is very much appreciated.