PDA

View Full Version : dbox2

mark littleboy
12th April, 2008, 11:07 PM
please can anyone help lost all chanels on dbox on wed thanks

thommo
12th April, 2008, 11:21 PM
errrm did you look further than the end of your nose lol.

forums is buzzing with the same issue for everyone.

look here.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273

problemo solved ;)

mark littleboy
12th April, 2008, 11:40 PM
hi thommo sorry but ive only just joined an havnt got a clue where to look or what im doing but thanks for the advice

C64
13th April, 2008, 12:08 AM
The entire country was hit mate, the Dbox2 was only just fixed today so you've got good timing :)

mark littleboy
13th April, 2008, 12:15 AM
hi thanks but i didnt realise everyones went down i tried scaning but still no channels any idea how to fix as every time i try to down load the information it says i cant thanks for the info

C64
13th April, 2008, 12:17 AM
You need one more post then you'll be able to downlaod the fix mate :)

Do you know how to FTP?

mark littleboy
13th April, 2008, 12:19 AM
thanks for the quick reply but i havnt got a clue im in need of help please

C64
13th April, 2008, 12:35 AM
ok, go grab a program called FLASH FXP and install it, this will let you talk to the Dbox2 and send files to it, all you need to do is send 1 file to the box and you'll get all your channels back.

On your Dbox2 go into SETTINGS then NETWORK and tick DHCP then restart the Dbox2, once the box has rebooted go back into the NETWORK page and you'll see that you have a new IP ADDRESS, take a note of the IP address and enter it into your flash FXP program by clicking on the little picture of the bolt of lightening at the top, then select QUICK CONNECT. Now you need to tell it the address of the Dbox2 so enter the IP address that you got from the Dbox2, enter that number where it says SERVER OR URL then for user name enter root and for password enter dbox2 then hit CONNECT at the bottom.

Congrats, you're now talking to the Dbox2 and you should be able to see all the files that make the thing tick.

Look at the top right hand window and click on VAR then KEYS, now look over to the window at the left hand side, this will show you files that are stored on your PC, find the file that you downloaded and drag it from the left window into the right window, this will send the file from your PC to the Dbox2, you will get a little warning telling you that the file already exists and it will ask you if you want to overwrite the file, say YES.

That's it, restart your box and your channels should be clear. :)

If it doesn't clear within a few minutes then make sure that your Dbox2 is using either EVOCAM or MGCAMD as the Emulator.

Hope I've not forgotten anything, there are a few different ways to do it, but this is probably the easiest.

I'll attach the file that you need to this post, download it and unpack it using Winrar and copy it to somewhere that you will remember where you put it, you'll need to know where you have put it in order to find it in Flash FXP :)

C64
13th April, 2008, 12:36 AM
~~~~, I forgot to tell you to connect the PC to the Dbox2 using a network cable, do this before you do anything else.

mark littleboy
13th April, 2008, 12:45 AM
fantasic i have written it all down and will do it first thing in morning u have been a great help many thanks

C64
13th April, 2008, 12:48 AM
That's why we're all here mate :)

harryhaddock69
13th April, 2008, 10:39 AM
How often do these keys tend to change?

TaZmaN
13th April, 2008, 12:04 PM
Have the keys changed again this morning ?

Cheers

C64
13th April, 2008, 02:03 PM
Keys change all the time guys, you're only noticing it this time because the software which decodes the keys is failing. Virgin have slightly altered the method that they use to change the keys.

Thankfully there are some very bright people out there who have managed to fix it, just apply the relevant fix to your box and the box will automatically change keys again.

immi1974
13th April, 2008, 06:03 PM
Great info. Many thanks

alec
13th April, 2008, 06:58 PM
I don't think the keys have change since 11/4.
I'm checking to see if the mod is working.
Anyway thanks for the mod.

shezasingh
13th April, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hi

I have reading the comments by witchy2k1, but am unable to view the nagrarom7.rar attchement.

Can you help???

C64
13th April, 2008, 08:03 PM
Mate you need a minimum of 5 posts to qualify for downloading.

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 09:39 PM
how can i chat to my computer,modem & dbox2 what cables do i need and what connections do i use?

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:45 PM
Bog standard network cables mate.

...or do u mean you want to have them all connected at the same time?, in that case you will need a router mate, you can get a cheap one for around ?25

Googlooking
13th April, 2008, 11:20 PM
ok, go grab a program called FLASH FXP and install it, this will let you talk to the Dbox2 and send files to it, all you need to do is send 1 file to the box and you'll get all your channels back.

On your Dbox2 go into SETTINGS then NETWORK and tick DHCP then restart the Dbox2, once the box has rebooted go back into the NETWORK page and you'll see that you have a new IP ADDRESS, take a note of the IP address and enter it into your flash FXP program by clicking on the little picture of the bolt of lightening at the top, then select QUICK CONNECT. Now you need to tell it the address of the Dbox2 so enter the IP address that you got from the Dbox2, enter that number where it says SERVER OR URL then for user name enter root and for password enter dbox2 then hit CONNECT at the bottom.

Congrats, you're now talking to the Dbox2 and you should be able to see all the files that make the thing tick.

Look at the top right hand window and click on VAR then KEYS, now look over to the window at the left hand side, this will show you files that are stored on your PC, find the file that you downloaded and drag it from the left window into the right window, this will send the file from your PC to the Dbox2, you will get a little warning telling you that the file already exists and it will ask you if you want to overwrite the file, say YES.

That's it, restart your box and your channels should be clear. :)

If it doesn't clear within a few minutes then make sure that your Dbox2 is using either EVOCAM or MGCAMD as the Emulator.

Hope I've not forgotten anything, there are a few different ways to do it, but this is probably the easiest.

I'll attach the file that you need to this post, download it and unpack it using Winrar and copy it to somewhere that you will remember where you put it, you'll need to know where you have put it in order to find it in Flash FXP :)
good post very good.