PDA

View Full Version : need help please db500hd

kennyboy
18th June, 2010, 01:18 AM
got this on saturday still ere trying to work out how to move dish bit harder to set up than i thought please before some1 tells me to use search button i have now i have not been able to flash it yet not thru browers ie7 or firefox got usb to small usb put in drivers and tryed with dreamup 3.3.5 sat there saying flsahing to memory nothing happened im not able to download any cams at the moment this is on the box

Devicename: dm500hd
Enigma Version: 2010-01-27-master
Image Version: Release 2.7.1 2010-01-27
Frontprozessor Version: VNone
Webinterface Version: 1.6rc3

Tuners
Tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)

Network Interface (eth0)
Mac Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
DHCP enabled: False
IP: 000.000.000.000
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 000.000.000.000

the 0 are what i have deletted because i have dhcp off the router is enabled
i want to run static on db unless flash which i cannot do at the min
so basically how do i install cams and how do i move my dish dont want to put long and lat i want to move dish like i do with db500s i can get dreambox webcontrol read menu book over and over so now time for some help plesae and what tuners are what thanks

gji25
21st June, 2010, 12:57 PM
you need to flash the box with it connected to your router and set up the ip address on the dbox/pc/and router and connect the mini usb cable, thats how i managed to flash mine. as with the motorised dish setup if your using long/lat you need to enable use usals in the settings

alunfennell
22nd June, 2010, 02:50 AM
Dream do not ship the receiver with a Image that can open channels (By Law)

Do not use Dreamup and the Mini USB port to flash the receiver you could easly brick it especially If you do not know what you are doing This method replaces Jtaging and is dangerous .....

Use this Method.....

1. Download the Image you intend using Gemini is the best for stability (.nfi file only Iso's do not work and will brick your receiver.

2.Connect your Dreambox to your router, Hub, Switch etc.

3.Enable DHCP on your router Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It is used to assign dynamic IP addresses to nodes connected up to an access point. Most routers are set to DHCP as default.

4.Make sure the receiver is switched off ! but plugged it ! black switch on the rear...

5. Hold Down the button on the front of the receiver and Switch on the receiver (Black button on the rear) Keep the button held down for 10-sec.

6.Got to your Pc - Firefox -and look for the Receiver enter 192-168-2-100 or 101 or 102 or 103 etc. (Your IP or assigned DHCP may differ from mine)

7. Up will pop a screen for firmware upgrade follow the instructions it only takes 2min to flash.

8.Switch on the receiver and follow setup wizard, Download Driver, applications from the Server screens from the receiver.