PDA

View Full Version : Help with chinese Galletto 1260

d.milivojevic
18th June, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hi all

I'm trying out a Galletto 1260 clone.
The device connects to the ECU, reads the engine code, hardware and software numbers etc, but when trying to read the ECU it bails out after some time with an error code "errore invio data".

I have tried several different versions of software, changed drivers and OS with the same outcome.

I tried it on Opel Vecta 1.6 (z16xe), Vectra 20 dti (Y20DTH) and Renault Scenic 1.9dci (edc15 ECU) with the same outcome.

The clone was bought from autonumen.com. A member (nuno) recommended them in the chinese clone thread so I presumed they are ok.

BTW they also sold me a elm327 bluetooth clone.
They said it was a 1.2 version but it turns out that it really is a v1.0. Bluetooth range is also terrible. Not to mention the awful "chinglish" they use in their emails.

Anyway back to the topic.
Is someone has any idea what's wrong with this device or if someone can provide a dump of the eprom from galletto 1260 that works I would be most grateful :fisheye:.

I will post the pictures of interface later.

Thanks
Dragan

d.milivojevic
18th June, 2010, 04:27 PM
Pictures:
Galletto 1260 - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8375717@N08/sets/72157624302659430/)

FT232RL + MAX232 + TL072C + ICL7662

Same as this one:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f114/interface-picture-collection-62956/index4.html#post368859

pawliukazz
18th June, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hi m8, welcome to DK :)

Try this version (it's unmodified) and post back the results

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f104/galletto-1260-installer-113794/

Cheers :beer:

d.milivojevic
18th June, 2010, 08:03 PM
Hi m8, welcome to DK :)

Try this version (it's unmodified) and post back the results

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f104/galletto-1260-installer-113794/

Cheers :beer:
Thanks, I will try it in the morning and post back the results.

pawliukazz
20th June, 2010, 09:29 AM
so, m8, no news? Any luck?

d.milivojevic
21st June, 2010, 02:19 PM
so, m8, no news? Any luck?

Sorry for the delay. I tried it with your software
and no car connected, and I got "port open not possible" or something like that.
After I changed the serial number of the device I got a connection but same error when I try to read the ECU (errore invio data: -5 [a000])

I guess that the ftdi chip wasn't programmed properly.
Could you (or someone else) send me the ept file ?
I compared the ept from galletto with the ft232bm and its quite different.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a ept dump from galletto 1260 with FT232RL chip.

Thanks

pawliukazz
21st June, 2010, 02:41 PM
You didn't need to change the serial!! rewrite original serial which was already programmed. Now try galletto 1250 soft. Maybe that's the problem...

Anyway i can't send you ept because i lend my interface to friend :(

pawliukazz
21st June, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry, i forgot to ask the most important question, is your galleto interface with led lamp?

d.milivojevic
21st June, 2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry, i forgot to ask the most important question, is your galleto interface with led lamp?

Yes.
Check out my second post. I posted a link to a flicker gallery.
I changed the serial number in the chip itself and after that the interface was found.

When you get your interface back (if it is not too much trouble) please
post your ept file.

Thanks

pawliukazz
22nd June, 2010, 09:32 AM
Yes.
Check out my second post. I posted a link to a flicker gallery.
I changed the serial number in the chip itself and after that the interface was found.

When you get your interface back (if it is not too much trouble) please
post your ept file.

Thanks
ok if/when i get it back i'll give it to you :) but mine is without the led and i heard that hardware is different so it may be unusefull :/

Spocky17
23rd June, 2010, 02:58 PM
I have exactly the same Galletto 1260 clone as you.

After a lot of disapointed tries we found out how we can get it work.

Just disconnected the cable and turned of ignition.

Than started software which is posted in the link of pawliukazz

Selected all settings clicked to read ECU than I think 2 messages appier to pop up.

Before the second messages appiers we connected the cable to the car connector and turned ignition on and a few seconds of again.

Than pressed the okay button of the second message and after this turned on the ignition immediately.

Now it read all ecu infos from our car. After this is done we clicked to save the Rom file and it worked also.

Before we tried it this way it often read only the ecu id but never saved the flashfile or aborted at half...

Maybe it helps a bit.

The car was an Audi A3 8L

MOBILTRONIC
23rd June, 2010, 04:55 PM
Check max and TL072 but i think that TL072 is def.Regard.

carsolution
24th June, 2010, 01:55 AM
Are you using others devices for diagnose or something like that in your computer that needs FTDI???
If so it can be FTDI conflits, I solved a problem like that just uninstalling the ELM and vag from the computer I was using the Galletto software.
The error I had was the same like you.
Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Nuno

pawliukazz
24th June, 2010, 11:44 AM
Are you using others devices for diagnose or something like that in your computer that needs FTDI???
If so it can be FTDI conflits, I solved a problem like that just uninstalling the ELM and vag from the computer I was using the Galletto software.
The error I had was the same like you.
Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Nuno
If the drivers are installed correctly, then it doesn't matter. My pc work fine with vag softwares installed, and other softwares

joseravat
24th June, 2010, 11:57 AM
Chinese stuff...:dito:

Checksum
20th February, 2014, 07:03 PM
Help please, I need the Galletto1260 Dump the memory 93C46 .
Thank you.