PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview !

mentorman
27th November, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hello Guys and Gals , a friend of mine has the arnet Kryptview and he has asked me to come on the forums and ask for help. The kryptviews are excellent boxes and self updated for a long time now but since this latest key
roll it has left everyone stumped. He is wanting to know if there is anyway of manually entering the keys to get it up and running again. I have updated it with the latest software but it still says it is waiting for codes to update etc.
Any help would be appreciated on this matter mentorman ! :hello:

arnetdigibox
30th November, 2008, 09:17 PM
how can we get the software

bugaloo41
30th November, 2008, 09:21 PM
the latest software is here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/new-kryptview-fix-14249/

Flash this to your box and you dont need to update manually.

mentorman
30th November, 2008, 09:34 PM
Hello everyone , just to let you all know i have flashed my friends kryptview and all is up and running again ! Just as a matter of interest, i have flashed my DBOX2 with the latest ROM 7 fix and that has survived 6 keyrolls so that works to. Thanks to everyone input on this forum which makes it the best !
:jiggin:

buster08
2nd December, 2008, 05:23 PM
hi can anybody tell me how to go about updating the arnet a700c?

mentorman
2nd December, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hi mate , there is a new software out for the Kryptview and it is an auto update firmware and it works as i have done two already . Just download the kryptview loader which looks like a satellite dish . Download the latest firmware which is dated 28/11/2008 . Put them both in a folder on your desktop so they are easy to find. Click on the satellite dish and open the program . You should connect the Null MODEM cable to you serial port on the PC and the back off the krypt box. Leave the box turned off while you do this!
The program when opened has a BROWSE button , click on that and find the image in the folder on your desktop and click on open. The program is ready now to click on download . Turn on the krypt power and then click download.
You will now see a progress bar on the program as it writes the firmware to the box ! Wait until it says complete and always give it an extra 20 seconds before closing down the program and the box may reboot . If all has gone well you should be back to a Factory setting where you have to do a scan and set the box up from scratch ok . Hope this helps BUSTER ? If so please click on thanks in the thread window cheers mentorman

kaviya
2nd December, 2008, 07:33 PM
hi mate,when i try to do the way u said it comes as cant open serial port1.Idont know what to do please help.

um44rr
2nd December, 2008, 07:35 PM
anybody know how to get software update eurovox??????? please help

buster08
2nd December, 2008, 09:27 PM
hi can someone tell me where to get the cable from.

clit-eastwood
2nd December, 2008, 09:28 PM
Fleabay............................

mentorman
2nd December, 2008, 10:52 PM
Hello Kaviya , this problem usually occurs when you use laptops with USB to serial crossovers and my friend had problems with his PC uploading the firmware as he got the same results as you with the comport . He uses vista and i use Widows XP and had no problems so far with any type box ! Make sure you have a Null modem cable and not a straight through serial cable . Try rebooting your PC and if still struggling use another PC either friend or relatives etc ! Hope this has been helpful if so please click on the thanks button mentorman ! :cheers:

haylez83
2nd December, 2008, 11:39 PM
hi sorry im new to all this i want to flash my box but havent got a clue were to start what kind of cable do i need and where do i get the download from i opnly got the box last week and cant watch anything as all it says is waiting for code update ???
plz help !!!!

laptops
2nd December, 2008, 11:43 PM
all the info is on the sticky. just read and follow the instructions. very simple if you follow them all. takes about 2 mins to do.

haylez83
2nd December, 2008, 11:46 PM
sticky?? what does that mean ??sorry im thick lol

mentorman
2nd December, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hi haylez you need a NULL MODEM cable buy one from any good PC shop or off *BAY . You can get the software and loader from this site under downloads ok . Open up the loader which looks like a sat dish , browse for the image and click on open connect NULL MODEM at serial port KRYPT box and PC. Turn on Kryptbox then press download on software . Watch progress bar until it says complete. leave for 20 seconds before closing down program and disconnecting ok . Then just scan again and bobs your UNCLE .if this has been helpful please click on the thanks button in message box ok mentorman !:reddy:

haylez83
2nd December, 2008, 11:53 PM
thank you ill try it tomorrow will alll my chanells come bk on ??

mentorman
2nd December, 2008, 11:56 PM
yes mate all your channels will come back on when you do a scan and it will auto update when there is another keyroll . Godluck and keep me posted with your progress !:dontknow:

Robjo
3rd December, 2008, 08:23 AM
I had this problem, go to the Device Manager menu in control panel and reinstall your device driver for the relevant com port.

mentorman
3rd December, 2008, 10:40 AM
:stupido2:Thanks mate i will pass that info onto my friend about re installing the drivers in DEVICE MANAGER for the com ports . He was going to wipe his system yesterday in temper so i will try and catch him now to save him the bother !
cheers mentorman !

hombre
3rd December, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hi mentorman I have been reading your advice with interest. Does the box display need to be at 0000 in order to proceed with software download?

mentorman
3rd December, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hi hombre , it doesnt really matter if the box is in standby or normal power to the box . the most important thing is is to make communication with the box through the comport . It usually works on com 1 which is default ! Find your image with browse button then click on download as mentioned above ! If this has been helpful please click on thanks in this message window mentorman :burnout: