PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to use FlashFXP to FTP to your Dreambox

thommo
13th April, 2008, 12:01 AM
right ive seen too many people thinking that they need to add a new image, nothing is further from the truth, you only need to add the new fix file to your old image.

now im presuming that some people might find the idea of flash fxp (ftp) a bit daunting if they have not used it before so heres a little help.

this is based on my set up of pc/router/dreambox . pc goes to router,dreambox goes to router (note the ethernet lead port on the back of your dreambox.)

right to start we need to fire up flash fxp, it will look like this once you start it.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5466/flashstartma2.jpg

once its opened you will see on the right hand box a sybol that looks like a thunder strike, click on that then quick connect and you will see a box like this.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8339/clickconnectbu9.jpg

right at this part you need your ip addy of your dream box, to find this go into the menu on your dreambox, scroll to setup then scroll down to expert setup,then communication setup, theres your dream box ip, write it down and go back to your flash fxp.

enter your ip into the server or url box.
under user name enter root
under password enter dreambox
click connect.

presto a list of files from your dreambox should appear in that right hand box that looks like the pic below, you are connect to your dream, good job!!.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9517/openedfz1.jpg

now we need to navigate to var, look down that list of files in the right hand box till you see var, click on it, now you should see a list of new files, look down that list and you will see keys, click on that, again a new list of files will appear like this.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6848/varkeysqf3.jpg

the files on the left hand side are the files on your PC, the files on the right are the files on your dreambox. Using the left mouse button, click and hold on the file you want to transfer then drag it over to the right side. Remember to navigate to the folder you want the file to go in to first. The file will then be transferred.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7593/gotofilehq0.jpg

once this is done shut down the fxp software and reboot your box and or emu.

congrats you,ve just fixed your box and not spent a penny doing it.

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 12:25 AM
Great guide thommo, thanks.

Remember if you've disabled your AU in the camd_cfg file, you'll need to enable it.

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 02 }There's a copy of FlashFXP here...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - FlashFXP v3.0.2 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=84)

----------------------------

Also here's a wee note regarding ip addresses.

Cables - if you are connecting the dreambox direct to the PC, you need a 'crossover ethernet cable'. If you are connecting it via a router, a 'standard', 'patch' or 'crossover' ethernet cable can be used.

See the attached pic.

The circled areas are called the 'subnet'. Think of this as a street name and the last number of the ip address is the house number. The subnet is basically your network address. If you want each device to talk each other, they need to be on the same network, i.e. have the same subnet.

So all your devices need to start 192.168.0 or 192.168.1, you can't have both.

Chances are your router ip address will be either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

The best and easiest way to connect the dreambox to the internet is to connect it to one of the ports on your router. This way the dreambox has access to the internet even when your PC is switched off. If you want to connect it to the net through an additional nic in your PC, you will have to enable internet sharing so that the 2nd nic connects to the net through the 1st nic. It's a pain in the ass so I suggest connecting the dream to your router, if possible.

Let's assume you do this.

Go back to the pic, in the Gateway: section, you need to put the ip address of your router in here. Your router will be the dreamboxes gateway to the internet and it needs to know where it is. Forget about the nameserver just now, that's used if you have DHCP enabled.

For exmaple...

Router - 192.168.1.1
PC - 192.168.1.2
Dream - 192.168.1.3
Laptop1 - 192.168.1.4
Laptop2 - 192.168.1.5
Gaming adapter for 360 - 192.168.1.6

etc etc etc...you get the idea. Each device is a house on your street.

If you're not sure what your router ip address is, open your browser and start typing in the following ip addresses one by one. The one that brings up a username and password box is the routers ip address.

If you're conencting the dreambox direct to your PC, you don't need to put anything in the Gateway or Nameserver sections, leave these blank. You only need to make sure that the dreambox and PC are on the same subnet and also have a different last number.

For example,

Dreambox - 192.168.1.5
PC - 192.168.1.6

To change the ip address of your network, you need to go to:

Control Panel
Network Connections
right click on network adapter and select properties
Select the TCP/IP tab and select properties

Usually if you use that ethernet port on your PC for the internet, in this page, the 'Obtain an IP address automatically' will be checked. You need to choose the next option down from this 'Assign an IP address'. Enter in the IP address in the example above. Then go to your dreambox and enter in the dreambox example above and reboot the dream.

All going well you should now get a connection when you connect using your ftp program.

Hope this helps. :)

jiggy
13th April, 2008, 12:52 AM
Nice one thommo this was exactly what i have been looking for and its very easy to understand.
P.S. if anyone is wondering where to get flash FXP i got it here and its free.
http://www.download.com/FlashFXP/3000-2160_4-10037696.html?tag=lst-1

crowie
13th April, 2008, 05:36 PM
hi every thing is going ok untill i try to connect and it failes any one got any ideas

rommy667
13th April, 2008, 06:22 PM
where do i input the ip and other stuff on the dreambox its self? i cant find wher e it goes

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hi, thanks for the easy step by step instructions managed to follow them great.

Does this mean the problem has been sorted and i dont have to keep putting new keys in?

smirnoff_rules
13th April, 2008, 07:15 PM
the fix is on the top of the page m8

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 07:27 PM
i have done that. all is working ok.

is this the end of it or will it be expected to go off again?

C64
13th April, 2008, 08:07 PM
No-one can give you a real answer to that mate.

One thing for sure is that it is NOT permanent, it will not last forever.

Cable providers are constantly trying to find ways to knock our decoders offline, it's only a matter of time before they do it again.

Could be tomorrow, could be in a years time, one thing is for sure though and that is it will eventually fail.

tony30uk
13th April, 2008, 09:48 PM
i get a corrupt file when i extrace flash fxp, extracting with winrar
any ideas?

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:49 PM
Corrupt download mate, try again mate :)

smirnoff_rules
13th April, 2008, 09:57 PM
theres also terrapin ftp in downloads m8

thommo
13th April, 2008, 10:01 PM
i get a corrupt file when i extrace flash fxp, extracting with winrar
any ideas?

first page link to outside source too.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307#post6779

scurders
14th April, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi guys, right where do i start..I have a laptop with a wireless internet connection, a wireless router(obviously) and a DM500C dreambox with the "dream" or menu button not working for some strange reason. Ive downloaded flash fxp, ive connected the dreambox to my router using the ethernet cable that came with the router, im assuming the laptop doesn,t have to be connected to anything seein as its a wireless connection???..question(s) are: can I fix this without the menu button working? and im I connecting the equipment up correctly. any advice is very much apreciated.

Thanks ( a very frustrated scurders!! )

Oh and "hail hail" witchy2k1 nice to see a fellow tim.

C64
14th April, 2008, 04:41 PM
Reboot your Dreambox then have a look in your router and see what IP address your Dreambox has, then just enter the address into your FTP software :)

scurders
14th April, 2008, 04:44 PM
Cheers witchy, I,ll crack this yet...everything sound ok with the set up though?

thommo
14th April, 2008, 04:47 PM
Cheers witchy, I,ll crack this yet...everything sound ok with the set up though?

fine mate.....as said if your menu aint working get the ip of the dream from your router, enter that in the ftp software connect and your away with the tut provided.

5 mins you,ll be done.

scurders
14th April, 2008, 05:15 PM
Ok, had a look in my router(or i think i have) i typed in my IP addy into my browser and got through to my linksys router, unsure of what im looking for now though, took down a few numbers...DNS1, DNS2 and start IP and end IP. any advice?

thommo
14th April, 2008, 05:20 PM
should be a tab for attached devices, mines a netgear so yours may be slightly different.

if you only have the dream and pc connected then there will be two showing in attached devices make sure you use the one that is for your dreambox.

scurders
14th April, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ok, ive been looking through the menus for awhile now and the only thing i can see that vaguely resembles attached devices on my linksys router is "DHCP active IP table" and this is showing only one client "Rebecca" which is the name of my daughter and the name the missus gave the laptop when we first bought it. does this mean the router isn,t recognising the box or am i looking in the wrong place? the router knows there is something in port one as a green light is on and there is two green lights showing inside the dreambox when connected to the router.

btl
14th April, 2008, 08:10 PM
i dnt seem to be getting this thing i have done as explained but my dream box is nt connecting to my lap top can any1 pls gime more info on what ports of the router to connect the cable to pc and dream box
thnx

tomasz36
14th April, 2008, 09:11 PM
I would use any port to connect your router to pc and dreambox. Try to restart all your connected devices and see how it goes.

grahamxs500
15th April, 2008, 06:46 AM
hi
not done this before can you use a null modem cable without ip adress and the rest
cheers

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 06:53 AM
You can't ftp with a null modem cable. A null modem cable is only used for flashing with dreamup.

A crossover ethernet cable is required for ftp.

grahamxs500
15th April, 2008, 05:36 PM
You can't ftp with a null modem cable. A null modem cable is only used for flashing with dreamup.

A crossover ethernet cable is required for ftp.

many thanks for that /just tried and works perfect / i just need a couple more replies before i can download// much appreciated

glasgowkiss
18th April, 2008, 08:38 PM
Hope someone can help but I deleted the files in keys folder but cannot transfer new keys it say 553 cannot create file

tinbox11
18th April, 2008, 08:49 PM
It all depends how you deleted those files in the first place. Did you uses DCC or just ftp and uses linux command?
if you can restart enigma those locked files usually will be back to either 644 or 755. failing that, you can attempt using those command under telent screen.
Let me know if you feel confident using command such as chmod, rm or ls

ColmF
18th April, 2008, 10:12 PM
I just wanted to say a very big thank you for this very simple guide to updateing my dreambox. It was so simple and straight forward!

I wish I'd come here first instead of spending days on other forums getting messed around with their newbie rules!

You have helped to educate me in the use of my dreambox! (I bought it totally set up, so had very little knowledge of how to update it).

Thank you!

Colm

thommo
18th April, 2008, 10:27 PM
thanks for your words, i try to read most posts and from the posts i read i saw that a lot of people where struggling with it, to me and others its no problem but i did think if i was new would i understand it and the answer was no so i did the guide and tried to make it as non techy and straight forward as i could, and if people are having success then my intended guide with ease has done its job.

ColmF
18th April, 2008, 10:33 PM
if people are having success then my intended guide with ease has done its job.

I wouldn't say that it's done it job....I'd say that it's done it's job with style ;)

Thanks for your help.

I don't suppose you have a similar guide for updating a Eurovox? I have tried to search, but can't see anything.

I've telephone my father to let him know I've updated my dreambox, and he asked if I coudl do his Eurovox for him. If you had a similar guide it would be brilliant! If not, well, at least I've get the general gist of it now, so I'm sure I'll figure out the differences.

Can I use the same files to update the autoroll as I did for the dreambox or will I need Eurovox specific ones?

Thanks a lot for your help ;) Here's to hoping I can pass on my good luck, and help my father too ;)

Colm

smirnoff_rules
18th April, 2008, 10:38 PM
we have the downloads here for the eurovox m8 .. do u know wot box it is . ie max . blue . red ~?

ColmF
18th April, 2008, 10:55 PM
I shall found out tomorrow. Thanks for your help. (I hope you don't mind me asking about a Eurovox on the dreambox forum. There doesn't seem to be a Eurovox forum).

Colm

smirnoff_rules
18th April, 2008, 10:56 PM
think its something we might need to add m8 lol

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 03:04 PM
I have a problem, i have tried connecting it to my pc but it doesnt seem to work, isit possible just to connect the modem cable to the dreambox then???
Will it work??? if so is there anything else i need to do????

ema153
19th April, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks thommo
For all the information you have given. But I Would like to know
if i have to use a Ethernet cable or a SL 901 cable From my PC to the Dreambox once again manny thank's EMA.
:nurse:

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 04:54 PM
Right i wonder if anyone can help me
Im using my cable modem to connect to my Dreambox 7025 ok, so heres what i am doing,

I am using a usb cable to conect my modem to my pc ( which is working)
then i have put my ethernet cable from the modem to the Dreambox.

Input the Ip address on the dreambox into the flashFXP
Typed root in the username
Typed dreambox into the Password
Clicked Connect
But it doesnt connect it says ''Connection Failed (Connection Timed Out)''

So am i doing anything wrong??
If So can someone please help me as i am now clueless as to what to do from here

Much apreciated

ColmF
19th April, 2008, 05:11 PM
Ema,

If you have a router (a broadband router) just connect an ethernet cable from your PC to your router, and once from your router to the dreambox.

If you look at the first post on this thread it will tell you all you need to know. It did for me anyway ;)

Colm

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 05:15 PM
colmf would you be able to help me out mate???

ColmF
22nd April, 2008, 08:32 PM
Semed,

Did you check the IP address on the dreambox itself first, and then input that into FXP?

I also disconnected my router from the internet first, to avoid confusion.

I note that you say you used your modem. Is this a broadband cable modem, or a broadband router? A cable modem will not do the job as it is not capable of making a network. It must be a router. (You use a router with DSL that you get over a telephone line. You use a modem with broadband that comes over your cable tv line).

Regarding my Eurovox query, I downloaded your files, got a friend to make me up a null modem cable, and called around to my father this eveing. I flased his Eurovox Max V, and it worked a charm! (I had to scan all the channels again.) It worked a charm! I now have one very happy daddy! I have left him this evening in a very good mood.

Thank you very much for your help! It is very much appreciated!

Colm

pingg20
10th May, 2008, 05:05 PM
the best info i have read i will certanly be trying it out when my other dreambox arrives from china its stuck at customs in coventry i sent for 2dreamboxes thinking they were coming from u.k. seller turned out to be from china only sent one initaly sending other now do you think customs may ask for duty on the box? never bought like this before the 1st box arrived without custom charges unfortunatly i think its faulty when you power on comes up press green button on setup wizard for tv settings wont respond to the remote also cant se any light on at the standby buttons any idea anybody thanks in advance

aftermath
10th May, 2008, 05:26 PM
you might have had a bad flash m8, try re flashing again.

deanofire
28th May, 2008, 12:49 PM
sorry for being a dufuss Smirnof but where exactly at the top of the page is the fix ?
my eyes aint so good anymore ???
thanks

pingg20
6th June, 2008, 08:08 AM
hi i have changed the i.p. addresses as advised in string keeps coming up no route to host pc add 192.168.1.99 dreambox add 192.168.1.100 im useing crossover pach direct from pc dont know where im going wrong doing my head in any help would be great im useing the lead from my modem disconecting from the back of modem into dreambox therefore pc and box connected via crossover does that sound ok thanks in advance

Dreamer
6th June, 2008, 09:07 AM
@Ping. R U sure it's a crossover ethernet(RJ45) cable and not just a standard one?

osborne82
6th June, 2008, 09:48 AM
hi i have changed the i.p. addresses as advised in string keeps coming up no route to host pc add 192.168.1.99 dreambox add 192.168.1.100 im useing crossover pach direct from pc dont know where im going wrong doing my head in any help would be great im useing the lead from my modem disconecting from the back of modem into dreambox therefore pc and box connected via crossover does that sound ok thanks in advance

you say ur using the lead from ur modem ? and pluging it into your dreambox if this is the case then theres ya problem :) :) as that would be a normal straight through ethernet cable and NOT crossover cable bud :)

ul need to use a proper crossover cable or go through a router and use the cable from your modem :)
cheers

osborne82

pingg20
6th June, 2008, 10:58 AM
hi i am prety sure its a crossover its the same as the type i have been useing to flash dbox2 for the last 4 years the print on the cable say sf tp 300 cat5e 26 awgx4p patch iso/iec 11801& en 50173 verified is that a crossover or plain ethernet cable thanks sorry forgot to add i dont have a router went to pc shop guess what you ar all correct i was useing wrong cable bingo!!!! alls well got to thank u ol for help

deanofire
12th June, 2008, 01:35 PM
sorry to be such a pain but where exacactly is the "fix file"
thanks
Dea:withstupid:no

zuluwaga
2nd July, 2008, 11:13 PM
Help!! I've connected my Dreambox 500c to PC with crossover cable. The connection works because I can organise and reload my channels with dreamboxedit and if I type the box IP address in the browser I get the web interface up.

However if I try to connect with FlashFXP initially I get the message that it is connected, then it hangs for a while and then I get the message that connection failed. It never shows the list of files on the box. Any idea?

big e
3rd July, 2008, 06:47 AM
I am getting similar problems.
Have downloaded DK image and want to FTP the keys etc.
Connecting to computer via ethernet crossover cable and when I try to connect via Flash it says "no route to host"
Have tried via Dreambox Control Centre and when I use Search 4 Devices it says"NO IP ADDRESS " present on Dreambox???
I have noticed on page 1 of this thread a picture of the ip address box DHCP is not ticked-mine is ticked.Will this make a difference.
Many thanks:)

aftermath
3rd July, 2008, 07:20 AM
Help!! I've connected my Dreambox 500c to PC with crossover cable. The connection works because I can organise and reload my channels with dreamboxedit and if I type the box IP address in the browser I get the web interface up.

However if I try to connect with FlashFXP initially I get the message that it is connected, then it hangs for a while and then I get the message that connection failed. It never shows the list of files on the box. Any idea?

did you use quick connect option, Server or Url = IP of the box your connecting to.Username = root
password = dreambox

I am getting similar problems.
Have downloaded DK image and want to FTP the keys etc.
Connecting to computer via ethernet crossover cable and when I try to connect via Flash it says "no route to host"
Have tried via Dreambox Control Centre and when I use Search 4 Devices it says"NO IP ADDRESS " present on Dreambox???
I have noticed on page 1 of this thread a picture of the ip address box DHCP is not ticked-mine is ticked.Will this make a difference.
Many thanks:)

find out the Ip address on your PC, ( for example 192.168.1.10 )

on box go to menu/setup/expert setup/communication setup and change the IP of the box to 1 above PC IP address ( for example 192.168.1.11 )

and untick the DHCP box, and tick the Enable Network Box

Nameserver and Gateway should be something like 192.168.1.1

big e
3rd July, 2008, 01:41 PM
My computer says its IP is
so what do I put on the Dreambox???????

aftermath
3rd July, 2008, 02:18 PM
My computer says its IP is
so what do I put on the Dreambox???????

On PC , using Vista

Start / All Programms / Accessories / Command Promt

type in ipconfig

look for the line IPv4 Address.... should be something like 192.168.***.***

thats the IP your looking for

now type same one in dreambox settings but change the last 3 digits to 1 above, or within a few above if you using same IP on another device.

big e
3rd July, 2008, 03:01 PM
on XP ,typed ipconfig and it reads :-
IP Address...........77.98.169.45
Subnet Mask........255.255.255.0
Default Gateway...77.98.169.1

???????????

aftermath
3rd July, 2008, 05:00 PM
so your hard wired to your modem ? from PC ?

big e
3rd July, 2008, 09:20 PM
Sorry m8 dont quite understand (still a novice but am trying and having a go)
Comp is attached to a Webmaster modem via ethernet port.
Dont have a wireless set up.
Comp IP is as above.
Modem says 192.168.100.1
When trying to FTP I remove ethernet cable and hence modem and put a crossover cable into ethernet port on computer and attach to Dreambox but nothing???????

Curious123
3rd July, 2008, 10:25 PM
Have you assigned an ip address to your dreambox because if you are not using a router than you are going to have assign your dreambox an ip addresss.

big e
3rd July, 2008, 11:31 PM
no i haven't???????
Not sure what numbers to put in:thumpdown:

Curious123
3rd July, 2008, 11:36 PM
You could give it the ip address of 77.98.169.46
just long enough for you to flash the dreambox.

fingerjoe
19th July, 2008, 01:03 PM
i have by a dm-500 clone i need the software

caveman_nige
19th July, 2008, 01:09 PM
i have by a dm-500 clone i need the software

When you say you need the software.... are you saying you need the image or the dreamup flashing software? What have you done so far? Is it new out of the box? Give us more info mate and we can assit you...

matski303
19th July, 2008, 01:33 PM
i cant connect
i think whoever flashed the box may have changed the username and password so only they could fix it ?????????

any idea how i can check the username/password or reset them?

i have also tried dreambox control center to try and ftp
see image
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/dancefm/untitled-1.gif

look like networks ok but wont log in?
any ideas

witko
22nd July, 2008, 07:10 PM
hi chaps ftp the new files over to box all seemd to go fine but still cant recieve scrambled channels , rebooted box ,went to premium ch amd waited ,nothing tried again ,same as before ,any hints please

Devilfish
22nd July, 2008, 07:15 PM
@matski303, the password is 'dreambox' not 'Dreambox'. ;)

@witko,

Download the files from here....

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/118690063/dreambox_stuff.rar)

Empty the contents of the /var/keys and /var/scce on your box. Copy the contents from the keys folder to the keys folder on the box and same with the scce folder. Go to sky sports 1 and reboot box. When it reboots, go to sky sports 2 then back to sky sports 1....wait....wait...wait....there you go lol. See how that goes.

witko
23rd July, 2008, 09:15 PM
tried to night again still no joy, tried overwriting the files,and trans the new ones still nothing ,how do you empty the old files from the box ,didnt want to delete them in case I made a right bo@@ox of it ,so still in limboland any help would be much appreciated ,thanks

<--witko added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...-->

oh just one more thing can you flash any image using dreamup

matski303
24th July, 2008, 09:57 AM
@matski303, the password is 'dreambox' not 'Dreambox'. ;)

cheers for the help devilfish but i had tried dreambox,Dreambox,dbox,Dbox
the list goes on .... but i shouldnt have posted that image without checking the password was at default ... Doh!!!!
the main reason was just to show you that the network was ok

as it turned out whoever flashed the box changed the password so only he could fix it ...idiot ????????????

ive manage to install a really great image and my d 500c is purring like a kitten!! still cant get it to ftp in flash fxp tho hmmmmm

anyways i can ftp with dcc no prbs now if needed so all is well
:barscarf:

ttcube
12th August, 2008, 12:31 PM
right ive seen too many people thinking that they need to add a new image, nothing is further from the truth, you only need to add the new fix file to your old image.

now im presuming that some people might find the idea of flash fxp (ftp) a bit daunting if they have not used it before so heres a little help.

this is based on my set up of pc/router/dreambox . pc goes to router,dreambox goes to router (note the ethernet lead port on the back of your dreambox.)

right to start we need to fire up flash fxp, it will look like this once you start it.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5466/flashstartma2.jpg

once its opened you will see on the right hand box a sybol that looks like a thunder strike, click on that then quick connect and you will see a box like this.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8339/clickconnectbu9.jpg

right at this part you need your ip addy of your dream box, to find this go into the menu on your dreambox, scroll to setup then scroll down to expert setup,then communication setup, theres your dream box ip, write it down and go back to your flash fxp.

enter your ip into the server or url box.
under user name enter root
under password enter dreambox
click connect.

presto a list of files from your dreambox should appear in that right hand box that looks like the pic below, you are connect to your dream, good job!!.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9517/openedfz1.jpg

now we need to navigate to var, look down that list of files in the right hand box till you see var, click on it, now you should see a list of new files, look down that list and you will see keys, click on that, again a new list of files will appear like this.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6848/varkeysqf3.jpg

now we need to add the new file for the fix.

so now look into the left hand box in flash fxp these are places on your pc, you need to navigate to the place you downloaded the fix file to (if its easier leave the unrared/un zipped file on your desktop), once you have found the file select it by clicking on it, once selected right click on it with your mouse and a drop down box will appear, at the top of that box you will see the words transfer. click on that and it will show a pop up box saying something like overwrite same content, select yes (this overwrites the old file with the fix file.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7593/gotofilehq0.jpg

once this is done shut down the fxp software and reboot your box and or emu.

congrats you,ve just fixed your box and not spent a penny doing it.

Thanks thommo and all the kaos members at first l was saying these guys are crazy how can they say its easy as ABC but hey after a few days l have done the ftping thingy.Thanx once again yo help is much apreciated.

At first it was saying failed to connect all the way.Wat made me fail more was that l was scared to ask coz already some people where calling others dummies of which it was hard to take though educating in a way that if yu learn the hard way it will make it easy for yu on the long run if yu are to face a similar problem .

wert2009
19th August, 2008, 07:07 PM
got it conneted to my rooter but no luck wont connet to d box 2 ip adress:questionmark:
does it work with dbox2 and sagems

piggy
14th September, 2008, 11:16 AM
hi guy,

I've read the above but still not sure what ip address go where?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. F:\Documents and Settings\Darrin>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : lmp-8ee2c7ea170 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-92-9C-DB-ED Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 77.97.73.158 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 77.97.73.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 62.31.176.116 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 62.31.176.39 194.117.134.19 195.188.53.175 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 14 September 2008 09:13:14 Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 18 September 2008 07:47:43 Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-92-9C-D9-F9 Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.24 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : F:\Documents and Settings\Darrin>

<--piggy added 5 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...-->

yippe yippeeeee i've done it

scuba
29th September, 2008, 09:54 AM
hello thanks for the post,done everything as u said can see the dream directory with flashfxp but it won`t allow me to transfer any files to it??:thumpdown: is there some sort of a block on a dream that i have to take off??:stoned:

Devilfish
29th September, 2008, 12:27 PM
You can only transfer files to the /var and /tmp folder, all other folders are read-only. Where are you trying to transfer files?

scuba
29th September, 2008, 12:57 PM
You can only transfer files to the /var and /tmp folder, all other folders are read-only. Where are you trying to transfer files?
trying to transfer keys,var_init folder then in to keys nothing happens:dontknow:

scuba
29th September, 2008, 02:44 PM
was trying to drag and drop them just as it says in total spoonfed newbies guide to dreambox 500c:hmmmm2:, nothing happened just keeps on failing so i don`t know how did he managed to do it?? :stupido2: But just as u said did get the keys and scce folder in to tmp folder in my dream can u tell me how to get them in to wright dir ??

Devilfish
29th September, 2008, 04:56 PM
The files go in /var/keys and /var/scce, not /var_init.

scuba
29th September, 2008, 05:57 PM
The files go in /var/keys and /var/scce, not /var_init.
all done restarted box, on sky sports for the past 15 minutes and nothing is clearing
:flute:

Devilfish
29th September, 2008, 05:59 PM
So you've done the following?

Delete everything from /var/keys and /var/scce.
Download the files from RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/107724581/keys.rar)
Copy the contents of the keys folder to /var/keys
Copy the contents of the scce folder to /var/scce
Go to Sky sports 1
Press MENU > SHUTDOWN > reboot now
Wait when it reboots for a few mins

deano1981
6th October, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hi all i have followed this guide step by step and transfered all keys and roms into relevant folders on dbox2 sucessfully and have restarted emu but still same problem only getting fta channels, have evocamd active, roms 7,10, 11 active, have andromeda image was all working fine up ill couple days, is there anything else i can try or settings i can check which could be affecting this??? help very much apprieciated, thanks in advance:hmmmm:

deano1981
6th October, 2008, 06:31 PM
So you've done the following?

Delete everything from /var/keys and /var/scce.
Download the files from RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/107724581/keys.rar)
Copy the contents of the keys folder to /var/keys
Copy the contents of the scce folder to /var/scce
Go to Sky sports 1
Press MENU > SHUTDOWN > reboot now
Wait when it reboots for a few mins

Hi ive done all of the above but still only geing FTA any idea where im going wrong could i possibly be anything in the settings? deleted all keys and scce and transfered new ones suggested, sucessfully, all was up and running fine till couple days ago, have a nokia 2x box, using andromeda 2.0 evocamd active, but noticed after transfer all nagra roms are disabled and says cant find when try to activate? is this right? any help or advice very much apprieciated.

Devilfish
6th October, 2008, 10:44 PM
The roms are different for the dbox2, try these files.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f35/keys-roms-7756/

rod
20th October, 2008, 03:06 PM
Guys do I need a crossover cable to do it?

Tks

kirit
20th October, 2008, 05:04 PM
hi there ive just been reading this sticky it seems like a good guide to load an image, but im looking for a guide to load a CAM via FTP onto the dreambox- do you all have one- or do you think you may be able to upload one

i usually use the gemini image to i can add the cam via the remote but the cam i want isnt listed on gemini and ive never used FTP before so i would be grateful if somebody could provide me with a guide showing me how to do it please

thanks

rajmadaher
24th October, 2008, 11:44 PM
help

I cant get on the dream box ????? through a direct connection from router to dreambox
standard cable using vista

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights res

C:\Users\raj>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

dreambox ip 192.168.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1

pc conected number 1 port [or its 4]
dreambox cable connected to no2 port [or its 3]

tried everycombination nothing lets me on the existing dreambox i was going to copy files from her on the clone.??? whats going on???
can anyone help???????????????????

Devilfish
24th October, 2008, 11:57 PM
OK...so your router IP address is 192.168.0.1.
Your PC ip address is 192.168.0.2.

Your dreambox ip address can be anything from 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.0.255.

You've written 192.168.100 above, but I think that's a typo and you meant to write 192.168.0.100. If that's the case, that should be ok.

A good way to test your connection is to open a command prompt (START > CMD)

Type:

ping 192.168.0.100

(replace ip address with your dreambox ip address)

If you get a reply, it's connected. If it says request timed out or something like that, it's not connected.

Sometimes the dreambox can lock up and go into read-only mode. When this happens, it won't allow you to change any settings or save them. The test this, change the ip address to something else, save settings, then reboot the box using the 'reboot now' option in the Shutdown Menu. check the ip address again and if it's retained the change then it's ok. If it's reverted back to the old ip address, it's in read-only mode and you'll need to reflash the image to get it working again.

rajmadaher
25th October, 2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks mate i got their in the end u forgot about doing the emu and then reboot thats it.
Im so pleased my original dreambox has the old DW 1.6.2 image its abit out of date I have done a dreamup flashimage yet.:manuscarf::manuscarf:
Maybe later
Thanks devlish
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/004.gif

Devilfish
25th October, 2008, 04:25 AM
You didn't mention anything about the emu or auto updating keys. I thought your problem was about connecting to the dreambox, as per the title of the thread?

Glad you got it going anyway!!!

carlowchris
26th October, 2008, 11:00 PM
hi your directions for the flash fxp are fantastic and so easy to follow,but i cant seem to find the fix it file,do i have to download this aswell??????

Devilfish
26th October, 2008, 11:23 PM
I've edited the first post, these types of files are not allowed to be uploaded anymore.

They are stored on external sites such as Rapidshare.com, have a search about, they have been posted loads of times. Probably about 10 posts in the first page alone.

rod
1st November, 2008, 02:54 PM
hi guys I connected the pc in my dreambox but It doesnt open any folder of the dreambox, what can I do?

monty11
17th November, 2008, 08:58 AM
i have a modem how do i connect to this any ideas as i have a dreambox 500c and then is the process the same

Truce
20th November, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hi all, I've connected me dreambox 500c no problem but when i go into VAR file the Key file is missing ? any ideas ?

ahh no bother found the info i'm looking for

ken swift
22nd November, 2008, 08:38 AM
Will this pick up the channels cos if i do a factory reset i cant pick up any channels through the transponders

monty11
23rd November, 2008, 12:44 PM
i have connected my dreambox to the router with a cross over cable to one of of the routers ports and a standard cable to the computers eternet connection tried using flashfxp as described but just keeps saying connection failed have put in ip adress of dreambox any ideas

316 ste
28th November, 2008, 09:13 PM
hya i have currently got the eurovox ultra box but somehow i can not connect up the box by using the FlashFXP. i have the null cable in and the power cable but i get stuck wen you try and connect your box to your pc. i have the ethernet cable and i tried using the ethernet/router process, i use root and dreambox for my user and password my i.p adress on my box is 192.168.0.24 but my i.p adress on the pc is 82.4.127.115 and i hear something about they got to be the same can n e 1 elp and can something explain to me or show me a diagram on how you connect your box to your pc much appreicated thankyou

cjjthedon
30th November, 2008, 12:21 AM
im stuck on where to get my channels bk , i got flash fxp connect to dbox np , now im stuck what to do next

suki
1st December, 2008, 08:29 PM
hi, can you help coz i tried all this and dunno wat went wrong but now my dreambox wont even let me watch normal tv..... can you tell me what the original communication setup ip was and i will try manually. will look into this and try again in a few days. im fed up with all this now. thanks m8

insomniac2k
30th January, 2009, 11:25 AM
Can any1 help?

I'm trying to connect to my dreambox using flash fxp in the usual way. IP and everything is correct - I've done it many times on a DBox2. For some reason the username and password are not accepted. I'm using: root:dreambox. It's got a neutrino open media image and the camd.cfg file has the credentials as root:dreambox too but it always fails.

Tried pinging the box fine and telnet also comes back with login incorrect.

Any help appreciated !!

insomniac2k
2nd February, 2009, 12:19 PM
Got the fix from another thread.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/login-password-fix-28034/#post138240

DK Rocks !!!:celticscarf::marchmellow:

Can any1 help?

I'm trying to connect to my dreambox using flash fxp in the usual way. IP and everything is correct - I've done it many times on a DBox2. For some reason the username and password are not accepted. I'm using: root:dreambox. It's got a neutrino open media image and the camd.cfg file has the credentials as root:dreambox too but it always fails.

Tried pinging the box fine and telnet also comes back with login incorrect.

Any help appreciated !!

mainman
22nd February, 2009, 09:06 PM
Hi all, totally new to all this with limited computer skills, but thanks to Thommo & Devilfish for all of the guides on the site, I have managed to load a new image and used Thommo's instructions to load new keys via FlashFXP. Problem I have is that I can only see the non-encrypted channels. EPG shows all the details of the SKY ones, but when I select one it tries to load but then I get a black screen - any tips to check on settings or suggestions to make sure I have loaded everything onto my 500c correctly would be greatly appreciated.

I have a new Digital Kaos image and the screen interface is different from the previous one I had - DigitalWorldz I think. All the connections via the router and the loading of the keys loaded as expected - just think there is some small thing I am missing to getting access to all of the cvhannels I had - I am on VirginMedia by the way. Hope someone might have a solution!

Thanks - Mainman

curlyt
25th February, 2009, 01:28 PM
got the same prob
can't ping the dreambox or anything else

tellstar
25th February, 2009, 03:30 PM
Manny Thanks for your time given to this
"ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN"
Best regards
Tellstar
Ireland/ Spain

ripmaster
9th March, 2009, 10:07 PM
I keep getting connection failed already flashed the dk image to dreambox but cant get it to connect to txp:bawling:

kdonnelly88
8th April, 2009, 02:25 PM
hi, i dont seem to have a keys folder

kdonnelly88
8th April, 2009, 02:32 PM
forgot to mention mines is just new out the box thanks

johnhunt03
1st May, 2009, 06:54 PM
when i go into var on my 500c there is no keys folder or scce folder... there is a keys and scce folder in var_init but i cant transfer to this folder... any suggestions thanks..

Pico
8th May, 2009, 05:00 PM
Im getting the same error as johnhunt03 when copying the files to the keys and sccce folder

Error 553 - Could not create the file.

Any idea?

Thanks

Pico
8th May, 2009, 05:16 PM
Ok found the problem... my was that I was sending to the incorrect place (/var_init) when should be just (/var)

Thanks all, and maybe can help others...

Cya

braz13
7th June, 2009, 11:49 AM
Superb guide, faultless
Again always check the hardware, had a dodgey cross over cable took 2 hours to find, once swapped flashed in 10 mins

Thanks thanks thanks

kievnov
19th June, 2009, 11:47 AM
HI I am new to this ..I bought a dreambox .. i connected it ... it only has the freeview ... I want watch Sky Movies and Sentanta Channel. But I don't know how to update the keys.

I manage to setup the IP onto the dreambox and connect it to the pc via the router and get the FLASHFXP connected.

I need a guide to update the keys step by step .. Please help

thanks

:call2::call:

CHRISTOF
19th June, 2009, 03:31 PM
read tutorials in downloads section bud very helpfull im just waiting for my box to arrive then i am having a go.

CHRISTOF
25th June, 2009, 12:12 PM
read tutorials in downloads section bud very helpfull im just waiting for my box to arrive then i am having a go.
looks like i spoke to soon im strugglng to connect box to pc keep getting time out.

jonnboy
7th July, 2009, 03:11 PM
not really sure what rom files im supposed tb transfering ,help please. so far ive set up the flashfxp,box is up and running im stuck now .(i have the files 10,11,7) 3 times thats why im confused. i think ive transfered them but the channels are still missing ,so maybe ive done it wrong.
thanks Jon

tech51
7th August, 2009, 07:37 PM
Many thanks, I'll have a good read and attempt to ftp the rom fix to the box. Really new to all this but I did manage to flash an image to the thing just not sure of what I need to do to get all channels, I'll follow your advice and hope I manage.
I can't thank you enough for the info.

Tommy::stupido:

Teddy3943
13th August, 2009, 05:28 PM
Hi m8,
I use the DCC ftp I can see both the box directories and my pc directories, but when I want to transfer a new bin directory in the /var it says: cannot make a new directory. Also when I use telnet and go to /var I don't know how to create a new directory where I could send files into.

And another thing is: how I can add mgcamd to my DM800 HD?

mr.mojorisin
18th August, 2009, 10:18 PM
stuck..again.
got 2 dm500c boxes.
first one flashed ok with dk1.1 and then ftp'd files over.no probs.
second one flashed ok but can't connect via ftp.
network settings are ok.firewall off.all cables work.
have reflashed twice and also tried other image.same problem.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
...and someone said this was easy...

owen7
19th August, 2009, 07:33 PM
*Deleted* i have Flashed ok now!

paca
29th August, 2009, 06:29 PM
hi my friends

today i have try flash fxp to do something wrote ip of to receiver user and pass and click nothing happend

what kind of ip. i should give to dreambox.
pc:192.168.2.2 w.router:192.168.2.1 dreambox :? cable 15 m long is this the problem?

thanks

Novac
10th September, 2009, 07:19 PM
In my eagerness to get on board with the DK image I flashed with dreamup but forgot to back up my cam and emulator. Question: Do I need a specific Cam and Emu to work with DK_V1 or will any cam & emu suffice . I know that instructions exist on the site but could one of you good people point me in the right direction.
Its a Dreambox500c I am trying to sort out
Thanks in anticipation........

........Late breaking news all sorted Start by reading the Guides & tutorials and follow them to the letter.
Thanks go to Shady77 for the Total Spoonfed Newbies guide for putting me on the right track
Thanks to Thommo and Devilfish for their hard work that Shady collimated.

DanXan
14th September, 2009, 11:01 AM
I just got me dreambox and cant find a null cable anywhere in my house even though i know i got 1 :/

Anyways i conected to it nps following ya guide but in Var there r no keys is that cause its new or .. ? and what do i flash it with iam getting no channels atm both servers come up with nothing found.

TIA

DanXan
14th September, 2009, 12:04 PM
forget my last post :) i played about used ya mint dk1 file thing found keys then updated again. Wow first time ive tried and it worked just goes to show all the good work u guys have dun thnx a lot.

dirtybreaks
18th September, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hi

I don't have a router and am connecting direct using a crossover cable (it definitely is one, just bought it!) but am getting no connection.

I'm assuming this is because I am not connected to the internet but as I only have one ethernet port, I can't do this as the crossover cable is in there. What should I do?

TIA

chump
11th November, 2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the guide.

FYI I use filezilla as an ftp client.

It's opensource and free (which are both nice)

FileZilla - The free FTP solution (http://filezilla-project.org/)

stubos
13th November, 2009, 02:27 AM
Hi, recieved my 500c box . flashed the box re-booted it , now i recieve fta channels but when using flash fxp ftp on locating the var file its empty and the key folder also empty, followed i believed to be is the correct method but alas. not to be ,, please??? where have i gone wrong??:dontknow::questionmark::questionmark:

Tonyrayo
20th November, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hi to all dk members and staff, great guide but I would like to ask a question, once I have copied over files And rebooted do I still need my dream box connected to my router many thanks

semigod
23rd December, 2009, 09:50 PM
my dreambox is not showing up in the right hand panel of flash fxp,any ideas??

cgscott
23rd December, 2009, 09:58 PM
my dreambox is not showing up in the right hand panel of flash fxp,any ideas??

Have you got the box set up properly to be seen in network. DHCP enabled and check the I.P address in the settings.

That is if your going through a router.

mad_wizard
8th January, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hey first thanks to all the memers here for excellent info on the site, its a learners dream!!
Anyways I need litte help, I have a Dreambox 500C and have followed all the tutorials, I have flashed the image, ftp'ed the images, then chosen bruteforce UK to scan

and the box works and picks up all the channels and their programme schedules but only bbc1/2, itv, channel4 and channel5 work, can someone help me please..

kobby
16th January, 2010, 12:16 AM
hi guys my pc has vista on and it cant read the FlashFXP, how do I get it to work on the laptop.
thanks

makumlad
18th January, 2010, 08:34 PM
hi. i flashed box with dk v1 and follewed instructions. found s.s.1 channel and pressed info button for 3 seconds and epc style page poped uf. black screen and no channels. so opened flash fxp. opened 'var' folder,then keys folder,then dumped the key file in. i wasn't sure what 'scee'files were so i dummped the two 'fqf' files in. restarted, rescanned, but still the same. do i need to dump the four 'dat' and the 'configuration settings' files in aswell, or am i totaly off track? any help would be appreciated as i am a total newby to this box:ahhhhh:

ammar.malla
22nd February, 2010, 03:32 PM
i am not being able to flash my dreambox 500C. Problem i am having is that the Ethernet port does not detect the dreambox. When i conect other devices it the LAN port works fine. I am having the same problem in my laptop and desktop. My friends laptop works fine though. Please help me.

Bacon
24th February, 2010, 01:18 AM
Is there a menu mode that the Drembox should be in io order to receive external LAN communication? All of the configuration settings seem to be correct.

Bacon
25th February, 2010, 02:53 AM
The owners manual only indicates to press the red remote button; but, that doesn`t get me into the teletext menu in the receiver. Is there some special way I must log ito this menu? Current sucsessful attempts to ping (pc to ird) still leaves me unable to connect with DCC or FTP programs.
You`d be most kind to assist and any info will be appreciated.

anitajd
7th March, 2010, 12:09 AM
right first i couldnt connect and its taken about a week to figure out what i was doing wrong,then my connection kept dropping,just figured out what i was doing wrong there too.Now im stuck again,im trying to transfer files over and it wont let me,what am i doing wrong? am i trying to send the wrong files over or something because im definatly trying to send them to the right place lol

niffy
20th March, 2010, 02:02 PM
Many thanks guys.
This is gr8
Pls what next after completing this process?

murf93
20th March, 2010, 02:15 PM
theres also terrapin ftp in downloads m8
hi i have just purchased a starview combo not really know anything about this i currently have a itgate200 but wanted the hd will i just need the file here to make the new box work on cable signal

thank you in antisipaton of response
all very daunting do not want to kill my new box

jerrell
20th March, 2010, 05:51 PM
Ok, please some help. As at the moment I have ripped all muy hair out and I am know bald.

Ok I had the old Digital Worlds 2.0 image and thought let me try and have a go of the dk1.1 image.

I flashed this using dreamup to my box no probs however took it downstairs plugged it in to my tv an bank screen. Thats my first mistake I thin, (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

SO I brought it back and reflashed again.

I have just tried to FTP with flashfxp about 20 times now and it keeps coming back connection failed.

Should I have more patient and allow it delay for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt number 21 or am I missing something

Please advise?

Thanks in advance J

hollypuff
20th May, 2010, 03:34 PM
hey tommo, great info really made up, the problem i have is i can't see what file you have dragged over, really appreciate it if u can let me know

cheers bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motoheero
19th July, 2010, 12:39 PM
I am able to connect to my dreambox IP but couldnt log in after i keyed in "root" as the user name and "dreambox" as the password. Can anyone advise?

motoheero
19th July, 2010, 12:46 PM
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 VLC FTP Server
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

keanu
20th July, 2010, 07:02 PM
thanks for the detail explanation.

i can't ftp to my dreambox. some connection error?! T.T

server name: 192.xxxxxx
user: root
pass: dreambox
port 80

but it doesn't connect...

james12
9th October, 2010, 05:21 AM
Big thanks to you thommo guest,am james12 i try your guide on how to flashfxp on dreambox500s,is good. And i connected flashfxp to my dreambox and it was connected to my dreambox ip address,but later it failed and the connection was losted, i try it several times,it keep on doing the samething.
Please could you help me out.i will be glad to receive your response. Thanks

ministar
27th November, 2010, 03:02 PM
I've tried this for over 2 weeks. Nothing helps

adeshina500
1st February, 2011, 07:14 AM
Can someone help on how to connect a dreambox to pc aand to internet.Pls i need a full explanation.Am just new in this business of dreambox installation.Av got some idea but not expert in the installation.

Lucky777
19th February, 2011, 05:48 PM
Great tutorial but I am having the same error as many others. I am able to see the contents of dreambox with my browser (Chrome) but am unable to connect using any FTP client.

Seems like the password is not standard

Msg from Filezilla:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 Welcome to the PLi dreambox FTP server
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Both my PC and Dreambox connect to router. Anyone knows how else (ID/password) to connect?

z3nithx
20th September, 2011, 12:16 PM
Dear bros, been reading the guides. Very helpful indeed. However, I realize that all the instruction are for PC user. What about mac user? Is the software flashfxp the same? Or is there one for mac somewhere?

Kidcreole
12th October, 2011, 11:43 PM
Sorted! Green flashing light, Cooked power supply

afcgunners
16th April, 2012, 05:09 PM
hi i got problem as i have a fixed ip address, i can not connect to dream box via control center. Does the DB 800hd se work with Static Ip address if so how do i get the connection??
P.s the dreambox is connected to the router via WLAN, but fails at network test on ip address confirm??

XeNo
1st October, 2012, 06:44 PM
i'm new here, thx & appreciate for the guide. but juz one qns as i've been reading around from other threads. before flashing the box i need to backup the "keys" is the keys refer to the files in "var/keys" as stated in this guide?

find the ans to my qns already. thx~

esakao
6th April, 2013, 10:17 AM
Thank you. Will try tonight

StoneFish
13th May, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi I'm new here.
I using FlashFxp to Ftp my dreambox 500c but facing error during connecting.
Can someone help .Thanks

[R] Connecting to 192.168.1.1 -> IP=192.168.1.1 PORT=21 (attempt # 5)
[R] Connected to 192.168.1.1
[R] Connection failed (Connection closed by server)
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

chrispy1206
28th June, 2013, 11:40 AM
All,
I am facing an issue, I was doing an update on my box and guess doing it wrong. So my box was not reacting at all.
I had to reinstall a new image plus bouquet for Sgp.
Issue now is that I do not have the required SCCE and keys for it.
I see all the channels in the list, but all locked.
Any advise where I can download it?

Fir3b0t
5th August, 2013, 06:48 PM
thanks so much

davotan
30th September, 2013, 06:37 AM
Same issue with chrispy1206.
Pls help. Flash my dm500c and have lost my KEYS n SCCE,
could someone pm it to me. Thanks so much.

howpeter
26th March, 2014, 07:25 AM
Hi All Expert, I am very new to this technology, i am not able to connect to my Dm500c using FlashFXP or DCC. In FlashFXP it says,
' [L] 220 Welcome to the PLi dreambox FTP server[L] USER root
[L] 331 Please specify the password.
[L] PASS (hidden)
[L] 530 Login incorrect.
[L] Connection failed' .
In DCC, it says,
' Telnet Connected
FTP Connected
Model DM500 detected.

Bootmanager: not found.
Telnet Disconnected
Telnet login incorrect! '

The configuration I think is Enigma 1, PLi Jade 20090627 and using Evocamd 2.17b.
Please Help!

hockheng
26th March, 2014, 01:00 PM
dm500c @ dm800 @ dm800se

U can download

mages - Downloads - Digital Kaos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-2/)

howpeter
27th March, 2014, 12:18 AM
dm500c @ dm800 @ dm800se

U can download

mages - Downloads - Digital Kaos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-2/)

Hi Hockheng, thanks for the quick reply!
Did you want me to download and install this image ' SG.PLI Jade 3 Image for 500C'
at this page ' http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-2/' ?
Thanks very much!

howpeter
27th March, 2014, 05:54 AM
dm500c @ dm800 @ dm800se

U can download

Hi Hockheng,
Thanks very much!
I had already installed but all the cable channels appear black, please teach me how to restore these channels?

Shaz9
11th June, 2014, 03:53 PM
Hi Hockheng,
Thanks very much!
I had already installed but all the cable channels appear black, please teach me how to restore these channels?

Hi I have a always on Green LED and the dreambox is not responding to the remote.
Had read the forum on the need to flash and the need to backup the Keys / SCCE.
Had tried to use Flashfxp and DCC and Filezilla but unable to connect with my dreambox.
either is error 10057 or fail to login which i assume that the seller of the box had changed the default Username and Password.

I can flash it using the Null Cable but am concern on the Keys / SCCE.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please PM me if need to.

Thanks