PDA

View Full Version : VM on screen warning

alanseries1
27th November, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hi All just done as I usually do when I loose channels auto scan and now two channel numbers appear with a VM messages warning I am using and unauthorized box and commiting a criminal offence any ideas as to how clever VM have got

scjgreen
28th November, 2008, 10:45 AM
That channels been around for a while i gather.

Just Virgin Media scare tactics.

BHX
28th November, 2008, 04:41 PM
Hi All just done as I usually do when I lose channels auto scan and now two channel numbers appear with a VM messages warning I am using and unauthorized box and committing a criminal offence any ideas as to how clever VM have got

Nothing to worry about.

melloned
28th November, 2008, 07:39 PM
P:laugh:roves you're doing a good job !

squirreluk
28th November, 2008, 07:49 PM
i got the same notices when i rescanned
:puke:

karion
29th November, 2008, 12:17 AM
Means nothing so if you don't like it just delete the channels bearing the message.

ticticboom
29th November, 2008, 12:35 AM
yeah is it possible to delete that channel it kinda makes me box feel ilegal pmsl

scjgreen
29th November, 2008, 09:17 AM
yeah is it possible to delete that channel it kinda makes me box feel ilegal pmsl

That might be because it is ;)

alexktz
29th November, 2008, 02:33 PM
is using the starview illegal ? ?_?

clit-eastwood
29th November, 2008, 02:34 PM
LOL getting channels that are supposed to be paid for is illegal, regardless of what box you have

zak99
29th November, 2008, 03:03 PM
its just scare mongering. they dont know what else to do.
delete the channels

lemmy
29th November, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hi All just done as I usually do when I loose channels auto scan and now two channel numbers appear with a VM messages warning I am using and unauthorized box and commiting a criminal offence any ideas as to how clever VM have got
sod virgin media , richard branson has enough money. just delete the channel from your menu.
cheers
lemmy

username
30th November, 2008, 10:41 PM

Why dont you just manually scan the channel youv'e lost instead of a full auto scan, will avoid getting anything you dont need and replace the channel your'e missing

username
30th November, 2008, 10:49 PM

could just leave it on as a reminder of how dirty and bad you/we are for pirating cable until a fitting punishment is thought up to fit the crime.lol

no seriously I saw this a while ago and when I got over the original shock and paranoia of seeing it, I just thought, sod it whatever

mactheknife
1st December, 2008, 12:15 AM
whats the point of these channels , are they hoping someone is daft enough to ring and report t:laugh:hemselves

Ansib
1st December, 2008, 09:17 AM
Hmm im proberly going to make a nice photo of a pirate kicking a virgin media guys ass. Would be an epic and nice addition to the site hehehe