PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to flash my box?

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 10:23 AM
My box is still working off Thursdays Keys, do i need to flash or do i just need to add some files?

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 10:41 AM
No you don't need to flash.

All you need to do is ftp one file to your keys folder.

See here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273

If you're not hot at ftp'ing, have a read here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307

simo2k
13th April, 2008, 10:46 AM
hi im not being funny here but if you want to learn read up and dont just ask users all the time for help.

read tutorials on how to do it most users here have probably learnt the hard way to do it by trying things and reading.

all you want is an idiots guide step by step for someone to do it for you ..

all im saying is take the time and read like everyone else does

mods i know this person

mic_mic
13th April, 2008, 10:52 AM
hi im not being funny here but if you want to learn read up and dont just ask users all the time for help.

read tutorials on how to do it most users here have probably learnt the hard way to do it by trying things and reading.

all you want is an idiots guide step by step for someone to do it for you ..

all im saying is take the time and read like everyone else does

mods i know this person

The problem is the guides dont allow for other problems not described in the guides

Ciaran500
13th April, 2008, 11:17 AM
The problem is the guides dont allow for other problems not described in the guides
Thats when you start a thread about it. But try the guides first and explain exactly where the problem is.

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 11:20 AM
Im here to learn like most people on here, and i bet most of them are looking for a quick way to fix it. But i no thats not the case and i am willing to look into it.

Im reading up on the site and asking afew questions here and there to get me by and people are being helpful.

Thanks to everyones replys

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 11:21 AM
We can't accomodate every risk when creating a guide. What about the users setup? PC? Environment? Cabling? It's simply not possible to think of every scenario and offer an answer for it.

The problem is that people aren't willing to do a little bit of trial and error on their own. They want it done for them step by step, today.

simo2k
13th April, 2008, 12:00 PM
kaos is right i mean being as i know him he doesnt have a null modem cable ( he probably doesnt know what one is) lmao. he doesnt have a spare ethernet cable so hes fell at the first hurdle. he hasnt got dreamup nor does he know about telnet he hasnt used ftp before so its gonna be an exhaustive ride !!!!!!

terminator2k2
13th April, 2008, 12:07 PM
leave him to it man......:withstupid:

let him learn like we had too........you know it makes sense....

:smokin:

prawny....read , read , and read again.........

try and try.........

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks alot mates!

You've certainly made your point clear, i wanted afew pointers on how to fix my problem, thats all, but you would rather me Pay YOU to do it for me!:thumpdown:

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 12:16 PM
Like Kaos said, learn and do it yourself, stop paying the bloke down the rd to do it for you!

Learn and talk about Cable or sat TV in the UK and stop paying the Traders to flash your cards and boxes

simo2k
13th April, 2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks alot mates!

You've certainly made your point clear, i wanted afew pointers on how to fix my problem, thats all, but you would rather me Pay YOU to do it for me!:thumpdown:

shaun how many times have i told you to learn but no its easier if i come round your house cos you dont want to learn. and you know this to be TRUE so read about it like most do .

WE DIDNT HAVE IT PUT ON A PLATE LIKE YOU WANT IT TO BE..

:idea:

prawny007
13th April, 2008, 12:21 PM
Thats why im on the site aint i, to read about it.

Whats with the negatives mate!

All i wanted was a little help.

simo2k
13th April, 2008, 12:27 PM
well then read and try doing your box on your own. its the only way you will learn. i mean you cant even format your pc yourself so how you gonna do your box!!!!!!

you see its easier for someone else to spend 3 or 4 hours of there own time to sort out your pc for you than do it yourself. (cos thats how long it takes)

you dont care as long as its done for you. you wont bother doing it yourself i known you too long now to say different

terminator2k2
13th April, 2008, 02:53 PM
ok back to basics.......

firstly you will need the following:

1. null modem cable

2.rj45 network cable( depending on wether you use a router there are 2 types. 1 cross over type. when not using a router 2.straight cable for when using a router)

3.ftp client

4.dreamup programme

5.a dreambox

6.working image (old or new depending on how you want to go about things)

once you have all these...its straight forward.......

this is more than likely already posted on here some where......

and links posted by kaos contain all the info required to fix or install a new image....