PDA

View Full Version : tape to cd

briangoo
20th June, 2010, 04:21 PM
hi all how do you tape a audio tape to cd. iv'e seen shops try to charge ?20 but stuff that
:bounce::giveup::bike:

barrowmanandrew
20th June, 2010, 05:37 PM
you could buy one of these. (http://www.aspect-two.com/mp3Convertor/?gclid=CKfR1_CLr6ICFVKX2AodB3c9TA)

briangoo
20th June, 2010, 06:51 PM
cheers for that
also iv'e a vermin v+ box with a built in 80g recorder but i want to send a taped program to either my pc or hifi. vermin rep in nepal didn't have a clue all he said was the scart lead should send audio & pics by using the send to dvd/vcr option but it didn't
any ideas please

DNG2010
16th August, 2010, 06:28 PM
OK here is a free way of doing it, take a tape player that has a Head Phone Jack on it. Take a Stereo Audio Cable ($5-$6 at radio shack) and input in to the Mic jack on the back of your PC. Open sound recorder, play the tape and start recording. Once your done convert to what ever you want and it comes out to be a clean copy without spending any money.

Enjoy!
:smokin:

uncle_sem
22nd August, 2010, 11:15 AM
OK here is a free way of doing it, take a tape player that has a Head Phone Jack on it. Take a Stereo Audio Cable ($5-$6 at radio shack) and input in to the Mic jack on the back of your PC. Open sound recorder, play the tape and start recording. Once your done convert to what ever you want and it comes out to be a clean copy without spending any money.

Enjoy!
:smokin:

not every mic input is stereo. but "line in" inputs are always stereo. so i suggest to connect to line in, not mic in. actually, i converted some old vinyls right this way... but it was about 10 years ago, and i don't remember what software i used.