PDA

View Full Version : How to backup an image on the dm600?

smirnoff_rules
13th April, 2008, 10:52 AM
l want to update my image l have in downloads , but for the life of me cant remember how .. lv backed up the dreambox . but how do l make a backup image to pass around ? cheers for the pvr 600

mic_mic
13th April, 2008, 10:53 AM
smirnoff you are a saint for trying to do this. Many people will kiss your feet

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 11:03 AM
I've not got a DM600 but found this for you to try.

----------

Copy the three files included in the archive to "/usr/bin".
After that you have to set the rights to 755 for all three files to make them executable.

To start the script you have to enter "build-nfi-image.sh DIRECTORY". DIRECTORY is the place,
where the .nfi file will be build, e.g. "build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd" will place the backup on your harddisk.

About 50MB free space is needed and the Box must have an internet connection to load the Secondstage-Bootloader from DMM.

-----------

Maybe the 600 owners know a better way.

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 11:08 AM
Here's another backup script, thanks to mrdude!

-------------

No need for the receiver to be connected to the internet for this to work.

How to:

Ftp the included files to the dreambox root dir.

Chmod all the files in usr/bin to 755
Chmod /usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins/flexmenu.so to 755
Chmod /usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins/flexmenu.cfg to 644
Chmod /etc/tuxbox/config/shellexec.conf to 775

Once done - press yellow on the dreambox remote control to bring up the plugin menu.
Select 'Backup Your Dreambox'.
The backup process will take a little while - once complete your new image backup will be created in the /media/hdd folder.

Use dreamup - to flash back to the dreambox or you can do it the fast way like this.

Make sure you have some way of giving the dreambox an ip address (connect to a router for example)

telnet into the dreambox and enter these commands.

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

Once the box has rebooted - it wont appear to come on, just enter the box ip into your internet browser, you will see a web interface to flash the box - use your image, this takes only a couple of minutes - once complete reboot the dreambox and that's all folks.

-------------

smirnoff_rules
13th April, 2008, 11:12 AM
well u lost me on the third line there m8 lol .. is there a plugin l use then , theres lots of files in the bin folder ...

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 11:24 AM
The plugin is attached to the thread m8. You need to ftp the files to the box in the locations stated and then use the plugin to create the backup.

terminator2k2
13th April, 2008, 11:58 AM
hey kaos is mrdude still about at all.???

still using one of his first images of pli which was from the cave for the 600pvr...

one excellent image....and with his pulse skin...its superb.....

miss his input and images since the cave got rid of the you know what..lol...

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 12:01 PM
I think he sold his 600 a while back so probably fell out the scene a little.

terminator2k2
13th April, 2008, 12:05 PM
oh right... pitty really as he made some very good images when there was nothing around for us 600pvr owners.......

Fano
21st June, 2008, 02:39 PM
Is there any way to backup the 600 without a hard drive installed ?

smirnoff_rules
21st June, 2008, 02:49 PM
l backed mine up its over 20mb , l have it mounted to a drive aswell so if l record it goes to the pc , dont ust the internal drive , but anyway the backup still saved there and not my mounted disc . looks like u will need one for that

Fano
21st June, 2008, 03:27 PM
Seems like I will need a Hard drive to backup the image properly.
Have tried a number of methods but none work properly .

satman
11th August, 2008, 04:06 PM
Seems like I will need a Hard drive to backup the image properly.
Have tried a number of methods but none work properly .

You need a hard drive,, or use a network mounted drive before you can do a full 600 backup,,,,
telnet the way to go i always believe cant speak for the plugins but fairly easy to get a full backup of a 600 ...

fishy123
11th August, 2008, 08:43 PM
I've not got a DM600 but found this for you to try.

----------

After that you have to set the rights to 755 for all three files to make them executable.

To start the script you have to enter "build-nfi-image.sh DIRECTORY". DIRECTORY is the place,
where the .nfi file will be build, e.g. "build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd" will place the backup on your harddisk.

About 50MB free space is needed and the Box must have an internet connection to load the Secondstage-Bootloader from DMM.

-----------

Maybe the 600 owners know a better way.
this method works a charm for me. thanks devilfish

bub
21st August, 2008, 02:09 PM
-------------

-------------

I would appreciate some help on this part of backing up image please. 'Chmod all the files in usr/bin to 755'
what files am I supposed to CHmod?
what is Chmod?
where is 755 folder?

Thanks

bub

blineboy
21st August, 2008, 02:14 PM
i think u have to right click the file youre sorting out in either ftp or tuxbox, and theres a setting in there somwhere which lets you change the chod to 755, you can either type it or you can just untick.tick boxes until it shows 755, would be easier if i had my old box with me, just sorting my own 600 today, so cant me anymore help, hope that kinda helps u out.

bub
21st August, 2008, 07:19 PM
Done all the CHmods but I am having problems with the last line 'Chmod /etc/tuxbox/config/shellexec.conf to 775'
when using FlashFXP the folder 'config' shows as a shortcut, you cant open it or put the 'shellexec.conf' file in it. I have tried from the root directory by using /etc/tuxbox/config/ but it still wont go in. Its as if the config file is write protected but its not, its value is 777. :hmmmm2:
Any help please

bub

aftermath
21st August, 2008, 07:24 PM
Done all the CHmods but I am having problems with the last line 'Chmod /etc/tuxbox/config/shellexec.conf to 775'
when using FlashFXP the folder 'config' shows as a shortcut, you cant open it or put the 'shellexec.conf' file in it. I have tried from the root directory by using /etc/tuxbox/config/ but it still wont go in. Its as if the config file is write protected but its not, its value is 777. :hmmmm2:
Any help please

bub

its 755 not 775 , just right click / CHmod

bub
21st August, 2008, 08:03 PM
its 755 not 775 , just right click / CHmod

I would Chmod it but I cant get the shellexec.conf file into the config folder.

aftermath
21st August, 2008, 08:06 PM
have you tried re naming the extension, then name it back once its went across
?

bub
21st August, 2008, 08:15 PM
Even if I rename it it wint go into the config folder, here is a pic of my structure ignore the notepad file, I tried puting other files in there and nothing. I cannot open the config file on the right hand pane

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2458/33303145ph0.jpg (http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33303145ph0.jpg)

aftermath
21st August, 2008, 08:26 PM
have you tried transfering the files seperate and not as a folder ?

bub
21st August, 2008, 09:04 PM
have you tried transfering the files seperate and not as a folder ?

yes tried both ways, its something to do with the config folder, im going to restart my dreambox, see if that helps

<--bub added 4 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...-->

no same thing with restart cant open or do anything with the config folder

<--bub added 30 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

done a properties check on the config folder and 30 meg in size and contains 1649 files and 342 folders, thats a lot of stuff in there but I cant open the dam folder

Saruman0
21st August, 2008, 09:51 PM
Shellexec is in USR/BIN. You can't open the config folder using the path as advised.

bub
21st August, 2008, 09:53 PM
ok got it working, I put the shellexec file in the tuxbox folder, ive done the chmod on it and the image is backing up now.

Thanks for help
bub

lorrebreaker
28th September, 2008, 02:55 PM

Cheers Devilfish
Worked a treat, just done my first dm600 backup, nice and painless :devil:

Mastermind44
28th September, 2008, 03:38 PM

-------------

How to:

Once done - press yellow on the dreambox remote control to bring up the plugin menu.
The backup process will take a little while - once complete your new image backup will be created in the /media/hdd folder.

Use dreamup - to flash back to the dreambox or you can do it the fast way like this.

Make sure you have some way of giving the dreambox an ip address (connect to a router for example)

rm /boot/*
reboot

Once the box has rebooted - it wont appear to come on, just enter the box ip into your internet browser, you will see a web interface to flash the box - use your image, this takes only a couple of minutes - once complete reboot the dreambox and that's all folks.

-------------

I try to download the file to try it on a 600-S but I have no access. Cans somebody help with this two backup scripts?

famox
29th November, 2008, 05:28 PM

-------------

How to:

rm /boot/*
reboot

-------------

Sorry but i can't dowload backup plugin !

jempy
24th December, 2008, 08:23 PM
worked superb! restored my first dreambox from an image of my second box. and that as a noob on x-mas eve.

many thx!

Ginkman
3rd January, 2009, 08:25 PM
cheers Devilfish, the mr dude one worked a treat for me on the Gemini 4.60 image.

It's the plugin I remember from the MrDude image I first used on the 600's.

cheers MrDude........

rronhcsewu
6th January, 2009, 01:36 PM
Will try and revert soonest.
Uwe

cccamexperto
26th January, 2009, 12:38 AM
can you give me a script to do a backup for dm600pvr

Devilfish
26th January, 2009, 04:20 PM
can you give me a script to do a backup for dm600pvr

I'm guessing you didn't read this actual thread then?

viewtop1
1st June, 2009, 02:03 PM
I have managed to get a plugin for the DM800 / Enigma2 systems that integrate into the menu system and allow you to make an image and save it to network mount or HDD or USB stick, Works a treat,
Can't remember where I found it though, but it is called:
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-configuration-and-image-backup_2.6git-r0_mipsel.rar

Trying to get the same thing going on my DM600

A Big thanks to the guys who figure these things out the first time!

toxigen77
3rd August, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hi, did anyone successfully backup?

morpheus2211
1st September, 2009, 09:44 PM
Is there a PC based utility that I can create the nfi file with. Used to create backups with Dreamup

peter.peco
25th November, 2009, 07:48 PM
My way to backup image from DM600S:
1. install addon image7020_600.tar.gz to the box
2. telnet to the box and login as root
3. when i have a HDD, i type /usr/bin/build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd
4. it makes a few min.and the backup image *.nfi i have on HDD into box.
5. I use dreamup - to flash back the image to the dreambox

http://www.iskladka.cz/download.php?file=1259174825_image7020_600.tar.gz

Curious123
25th November, 2009, 10:16 PM
My way to backup image from DM600S:
1. install addon image7020_600.tar.gz to the box
2. telnet to the box and login as root
3. when i have a HDD, i type /usr/bin/build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd
4. it makes a few min.and the backup image *.nfi i have on HDD into box.
5. I use dreamup - to flash back the image to the dreambox

http://www.iskladka.cz/download.php?file=1259174825_image7020_600.tar.gz

I prefer to use the web interface to flash an image to the dm600 rather than dreamup as it is quicker.

odisho
31st July, 2010, 03:15 PM
Thanksssssssss