PDA

View Full Version : VW 1C0 909 605 F - 1C0909605F - 5WK43131 VW61

ledojo
21st June, 2010, 03:23 AM
EDIT.3:
Seems I finally got the correct data read and the homemade PCB works. Next: Test it out on another board and then test it out back in the module.

EDIT.2:
So, please check out my last post and any advice would be helpful.

EDIT: Opened it up... chip looks to be the 80-tQFP Motorola. Waiting for a uusp clone and will post dump after I've removed the mcu--just for reference and such. Module is not in repairable condition as there is rust and mold on PCB.

OP:
So, this is the first one of this type I've received to work on.

From a Volkswagen Jetta.

Looking through the other threads, looks like this module can be cleared via the plug versus opening and removing the IC (which is a PLCC###?).

So, if I remove IC, looks like I'm going to need an adapter to read the dump, but if able to get leads on the plug and read, I could use some help on which pins--I only have a DIP eeprom programmer.

Please advise on what I should do and what I could do (already thought of circular file, but would rather gain experience).

I've attached pics of the plug and the label:
http://www.rockystattoos.com/jpgs/1C0909605F_plug.jpg
http://www.rockystattoos.com/jpgs/1C0909605F_label.jpg

lupu_sandu
21st June, 2010, 08:55 AM
You can try this:

Airbag sensor:
K-line = pin 67 (connected with car OBDII connector pin 7), GND = pin 66,
+12V= pin 65, airbag lamp = pin 68 and 70;

VW cars 2000-2004 airbag sensors with yellow 75-pin connector.
- VW - Golf IV, Passat B5, Sharan: 6Q0 909 605 A, 6Q0 909 605 B - SIEMENS - Crash
data erase, Fault erase;
- VW - Golf IV, Passat B5, Sharan: 1C0 909 605 C, 1C0 909 605 F, 1C0 909 605
H, 6Q0 909 605 C - SIEMENS - Crash data erase, Fault erase;
- VW - Passat B6: new SIEMENS - Crash data erase, Fault erase;
- VW- Polo;

These sensors use CAN bus. In some cases this airbag type ?crash erase? works only
on the table. If by OBDII connector you can?t erase crash data, try to disconnect
instrument cluster blue connector and erase by OBDII again. If red diode indicates
crash data erase error, you must remove airbag sensor from the car, connect it on the
table and now erasing must by OK.

ledojo
21st June, 2010, 09:53 AM
You can try this:

Thank you for the info--I read this somewhere and it seems that this is the one you must clear on the table--not positive. Either way, the pins in this case are only helpful if I had that specific tool....?

Any help?

ledojo
21st June, 2010, 08:47 PM
Any advice? As of right now...

Option 1) Remove IC, find pinouts, solder leads, attach to DIP eeprom programmer, read dump....

Option 2) Remove IC, buy appropriate PLCC-DIP adapter, read dump....

I would like to know if there are other options to clear crash data....

melmar
21st June, 2010, 09:09 PM
Any advice? As of right now...

Option 1) Remove IC, find pinouts, solder leads, attach to DIP eeprom programmer, read dump....

Option 2) Remove IC, buy appropriate PLCC-DIP adapter, read dump....

I would like to know if there are other options....

option 3, buy new ecu

option 4, send ecu to a reset company..

option 5, set the car on fire, and make insurance claim
(setting fire to cars is only to be carried out
by experienced arsonists)

:heeeelllllooooo:

ledojo
21st June, 2010, 09:21 PM
Yes, I mentioned options along those lines--my main goal is to gain experience. So, I really do want some useful advice.

This module is a throwaway which was given to me to learn on. So, I want to learn. If I fix it, I will return it as fixed and ask for another one to learn on.... In the past they even gave me a good one to look at.

I'm pretty sure that I can do my first option and fix it. I just don't think it is the best way. I'm beginning to think my 2nd option would be better for the long run.

I bought my eeprom programmer before finding this forum. I'm thinking of getting a uusp with all the adapters instead, and then I won't have to worry about this kind of thing. BUT, this is what I have right now.

melmar
21st June, 2010, 09:33 PM
Ok, real advice this time!!!

get your hands on some old computers, take the circuit boards,
and practice removing chips, lifting pins, resoldering, just
play with all settings on solderind iron, blower, solder station,
or whatever you use,

I'm not an expert in different types of programmers, i use a
usb-upa from elrasoft, and i find it to be reliable, simple
to use, with great support...

ledojo
21st June, 2010, 09:41 PM
Ok, real advice this time!!!

get your hands on some old computers, take the circuit boards,
and practice removing chips, lifting pins, resoldering, just
play with all settings on solderind iron, blower, solder station,
or whatever you use,

I'm not an expert in different types of programmers, i use a
usb-upa from elrasoft, and i find it to be reliable, simple
to use, with great support...

Thanks, but I've gotten that much... :giveup:
I meant advice regarding this airbag module. I know I can read/write this mcu on dip programmer. Help along these lines would be extremely useful.

If there was a different method via the plug, that would be useful, but if this entails a specific tool which only works on this model of module, or a whole different tool-set, I would rather stick with the serial programmer.

pirilla
21st June, 2010, 09:43 PM
UPA-USB is a good programmer, but my favourite is "option 5".

ledojo
9th July, 2010, 03:41 AM
So.... I get a "Reset High Error" in UPA USB.

I've connected it two ways and same error:

1) I connected to UUSP via pins 9, 10, 15, and 34 (as in the manual).

2) I tried the 912D60 adapter which is for 112-QFP, but I connected the four respective pins.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is the chip just no good?!?

Any assistance would be great. Thanks.

ledojo
14th July, 2010, 05:39 AM
So, attached is the dump I got.

I've been kinda frustrated lately... and maybe bored? restless? Don't knock it because that's the first PCB I've ever etched.

Anyhow, this is how I got the dump:
http://i25.tinypic.com/s3lml5.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2vje9vk.jpg

Ramzai
14th July, 2010, 05:53 AM
So, attached is the dump I got.

Size dump should be 768 byte.

ledojo
14th July, 2010, 06:02 AM
Size dump should be 768 byte.

I've tried 3.3V, 5V, analog... Is there anything else? I made the PCB using Elrasoft's pin-outs.

Ramzai
14th July, 2010, 06:24 AM
I've tried 3.3V, 5V, analog... Is there anything else? I made the PCB using Elrasoft's pin-outs.

I apologise! With this mask should be 1024!! All at you is correct!
Try it dump.

ledojo
14th July, 2010, 08:35 AM
I apologise! With this mask should be 1024!! All at you is correct!
Try it dump.

Thank you for verifying the dump file! I needed that--no one would give any info on getting the dump.

But, again, this module is irreparable physically. I just wanted to know how to obtain the data. Mission accomplished!

Ramzai
14th July, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thank you for verifying the dump file! I needed that--no one would give any info on getting the dump.

But, again, this module is irreparable physically. I just wanted to know how to obtain the data. Mission accomplished!

Now try to read processor, without dismantling! ;)

ledojo
14th July, 2010, 07:53 PM
Now try to read processor, without dismantling! ;)

:rock: For sure. I already know what to do--I'm pretty sure anyways--lifting of two pins and soldering leads, but I'm just testing and checking AND LEARNING as much as possible. That will be the next one to test.

I will update if anything new pops up.

lwood
5th April, 2011, 12:46 AM
do i have to buy this 78K0/HC912 Adapter for UUSP from elrasoft to read and write MCU:: L28 MC68HC12D60

ledojo
5th April, 2011, 01:36 AM
do i have to buy this 78K0/HC912 Adapter for UUSP from elrasoft to read and write MCU:: L28 MC68HC12D60

The adapter you see in my photos and that I used to read dump was something I made--If I recall, I realized that it may be possible to get the dump by lifting pins and without removing the mcu...

alex_SW
5th April, 2011, 07:07 AM
yes,912 can be read without lifting pins and without removing mcu....in fact,i never removed mcu.....and always worked with upa usb....