PDA

View Full Version : HELP

AARON27
13th April, 2008, 12:39 PM
MIGHT SOUND A BIT DAFT BUT THIS IS NEW TO ME .
MY DREAM BOX IS NOT WORKING ANYMMORE AND IM TRYING TO FIX IT. IS THERE A THREAD OR A POST THAT COULD TAKE ME THREW STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO GWT IT WORKING AGAIN OR AT LEAST GET ME SOME THING TO WATCH..

mic_mic
13th April, 2008, 12:41 PM
is your box a 600 or a 500 mate

C64
13th April, 2008, 12:52 PM
All boxes in the UK went down last wednesday mate, the fix for the Dreambox was released yesterday afternoon.

All you need to do is transfer a file from your PC to the Dreambox, the file is available on this site, copy the file to /var/keys/ on your Dreambox.

teleboss
13th April, 2008, 01:20 PM
it seems they are rolling the codes in ireland a lot over the last week, there are talks that they are changing their encryption totally, However true this is.

AARON27
13th April, 2008, 03:29 PM
HI SORRY ITS A 500C MODEL IV BEEN TRYING TO GET IT HOOKED UP TO MY LAP TOP BUT AM HAVING NO JOY NOT REALLY TO SURE HOW TO DO IT TRYED WORKING OFF ANOTHER POST BUT NO JOY WILL KEEP TRYING AND SEE IF I GET LUCKY THANKS

teleboss
13th April, 2008, 05:26 PM
HI SORRY ITS A 500C MODEL IV BEEN TRYING TO GET IT HOOKED UP TO MY LAP TOP BUT AM HAVING NO JOY NOT REALLY TO SURE HOW TO DO IT TRYED WORKING OFF ANOTHER POST BUT NO JOY WILL KEEP TRYING AND SEE IF I GET LUCKY THANKS

Ok first of all try lower case, upper case is considered shouting :)

What are you trying to do, U have a dreambox, and a laptop, do u want to connect them, upgrage the dreambox, what are they connected to.

AARON27
13th April, 2008, 05:32 PM
HELLO...LOL
My dream box aint working along with everyone else so im trying to get it connected to computer so that i can fix it been following a few post but they say i need to be linked to computer to sort it out been trying all afternoon with no luck

teleboss
14th April, 2008, 03:09 PM
HELLO...LOL
My dream box aint working along with everyone else so im trying to get it connected to computer so that i can fix it been following a few post but they say i need to be linked to computer to sort it out been trying all afternoon with no luck

Ok you have a dreambox, and a laptop so how are you connecting, with a lead or through a hub/switch or connected to a broadband router ?

Do you know how to trouble shoot TCPIP.

Some info would help

bomber39
14th April, 2008, 05:19 PM
This might help you m8...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307

AARON27
14th April, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hi sorry this is all new to me i dont know nothing about all this i managed somehow to link the dream box to my lap top by running a modem cable from the box to my laptop and i followed the info on the link and managed to complete it all but still got no channels i tried it again and now i can not connect plus iv lost my wireless conection

smirnoff_rules
14th April, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hi sorry this is all new to me i dont know nothing about all this i managed somehow to link the dream box to my lap top by running a modem cable from the box to my laptop and i followed the info on the link and managed to complete it all but still got no channels i tried it again and now i can not connect plus iv lost my wireless conection
shut the box down and reboot m8 and check the ip again , sometime they change

KaosBaby
14th April, 2008, 09:31 PM
AARON27,
If you are still having problem to have ur DM500C working, You can give your self a try to start from the scratch, by loading new image, DW or gemini.
you'll need to have the viz tools:dreamup to flash new image,Flashwizard pro, dcc.if you try post on the forum or ask member how you can use the tools.
but in the meantime and quick fix will be DCC tool or any ftp program, you need to network your pc to the dm500c and get the latest emu(evocamd 2.12 and above) for the image you are using.
for gemini image with dcc, ftp emu to tmp and manually install it addons with dm500 remote control.
make sure you have the new rom7, 10 11 copy or ftp to var and scce and reboot dm500 after 1 or 2 mins on ppv channel should be clear