PDA

View Full Version : Collection of Plugins for Dreambox

Devilfish
22nd February, 2008, 07:12 PM
Tuxbox Commander
Useful for editing files on your dreambox.

Dream Netcast Internet Radio
Listen to internet radio on your dreambox.
Edit the /var/etc/stations.xml file to add new radio stations.

Dream Weather X
Weather information

DB Switch
If you have two dreambox receivers in the same room you can use this to assign a key to each receiver so that the same remote doesn't operator both receivers at the same time.

Bit Rate Viewer
View the bit rate of the channel you are watching.

Installing on your Dreambox

If your image has an Addons menu, copy the .tar.bz file to the /tmp folder on your box and install via the Manual Install option in your Addons menu.

If it doesn't have this function, extract the files to your Desktop using WinRar and copy the files to the proper folder locations using your FTP client.

Devilfish
22nd February, 2008, 07:15 PM
Dreambox RSS Newsreader
Great plugin for access newsreels from internet sites.
Edit the \var\tuxbox\config\rss\feeds.xml file if you want to add new feeds.

pob639
27th February, 2008, 09:00 PM
some services xml files

Richard_IOC
8th August, 2008, 07:28 PM
I am trying to install Tuxbox commander so I can access the password file on my box, does anybody know can I install itfrom a USB memory stick? The blue panel doesn't let me see any plugins btw, despite having definite internet connectivity...

Devilfish
8th August, 2008, 08:41 PM
What dreambox do you have?

You can't add files via usb if you don't have tuxbox commander installed.

You need to connect the box to your PC and use an ftp client to transfer files to the box. If you are going to do this, you can check the config file this way instead of using tuxbox commander.

Sean.Robinson
14th September, 2008, 10:47 AM
Hi, im a bit of a nemb to all this so sorry for the im supposing silly question, but what is the services.xml file used for and where do i place it on my DM500C?

Yusuffff
17th October, 2008, 11:03 PM
I want to use the tuxbox comander to get in my dreambox is that a good idea??

Devilfish
18th October, 2008, 12:24 AM
Why not use a normal FTP program. You will need an ftp program to install these plugins anyway so it would be easier.

alliv
18th October, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hi, im a bit of a nemb to all this so sorry for the im supposing silly question, but what is the services.xml file used for and where do i place it on my DM500C?

sean m8 if i was you i,d change my username...lol you wont be so easy to trace. know what i mean?:beheaded:

utdman
23rd February, 2009, 07:24 PM
thanks

im going to try DB Switch
If you have two dreambox receivers in the same room you can use this to assign a key to each receiver so that the same remote doesn't operator both receivers at the same time.

im going to give it a try as i have eagle sat receiver and db500c

palli
17th March, 2009, 12:01 AM
Has anyone tested db switch yet?

Devilfish
17th March, 2009, 01:27 AM
Has anyone tested db switch yet?

That plugin has been around for many, many years, nothing really to test, it works.

qwyrp
28th May, 2009, 10:13 PM
Where must I put the plugin-files?

piptaps
30th May, 2009, 02:30 PM
how do i add new radio station? I have the website

dehowletts
13th June, 2009, 01:10 AM
loving the internet radio station functionality thanks!

i have a question though please if poss how do you add aditional stations please? (apologies if there's a sticky on this but i couldn't find one)

Cheers

dreamsurfer
19th July, 2009, 09:56 PM
weather one and internet radio sound like interesting plugins, will try!!

cheers!

dreamsurfer
19th July, 2009, 10:35 PM
can someone tell me how to install these.

for internet radio, I added the dreamnetcast.tar.bz2 file in /tmp directory, so I could manually install.

To manually install, I enter BLUE BUTTON, then SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT, then MANUAL INSTALL, however nothing appears?

Is this the correct file or am I doing something wrong?

austine65
29th August, 2009, 04:11 PM
I intalled the Total Football plugin without any problem.

But on selecting any of the options i.e Tables, Scores, Matches etc, it's dispaying header without detail results.

Anybody experiencing this problem or what I'm I doing wrong.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

w!zzard
18th September, 2009, 10:45 PM
will try internet radio!
thank you
i was looking for this kind of a plugin:party:

w!zzard
18th September, 2009, 11:45 PM
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I cant download the netcast radio.
I click on it, it redirects the browser but nothing happens.
I get a white empty screen.
Refreshing dont help.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you

caveman_nige
18th September, 2009, 11:47 PM
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I cant download the netcast radio.
I click on it, it redirects the browser but nothing happens.
I get a white empty screen.
Refreshing dont help.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you

as advised in this thread... http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/apologies-downtime-56070/

some files have been lost, we are working on restoring them but cannot offer a timescale..

mbladen
18th October, 2009, 12:15 AM
I'm strugglin to reset the password on my dbox, the guy who sold it to me locked it and wants a stash to help. Blue button lists an 404 not found error when trying to look up plugins although I know it has access. tried looking the actual page and its blank so hoping i can get tuxbox running

arbitraj
19th October, 2009, 07:31 PM
Mbalden,
Guess you will have to start with the root password and then move to the parental pin

nlo81mkd
29th October, 2009, 09:59 PM
ok, i'll try to ionstall tuxbox commander via mounted folder becouse i forgot my pass to my box, and i'll try to replace the original passwd file woth the current one, i hiope this will resolve my access issue to my box :D oh, one question, does anyone knows the exact fo;lder permissionm like 755 or 777? becouse i got preconfigured box wich most of the time the error is the folder is not writable :D i guess this is a folder permissin folder. thanks.

nl-x
17th November, 2009, 07:23 PM
ok, i'll try to ionstall tuxbox commander via mounted folder becouse i forgot my pass to my box, and i'll try to replace the original passwd file woth the current one, i hiope this will resolve my access issue to my box :D oh, one question, does anyone knows the exact fo;lder permissionm like 755 or 777? becouse i got preconfigured box wich most of the time the error is the folder is not writable :D i guess this is a folder permissin folder. thanks.

I got the same problem. The person who sold me the machine doesnt want to give me the root password. So I installed an NFS server and I can now reach it from my dreambox clone. However, how can I install TuxBox commander from an NFS share? When I go to manual install plugin, I can browse to the directory containing the downloaded zipfile. However, I don't see the files, only the directories. And I cannot start the installation.

I already tried unzipping the zip file. Doesnt help.

nl-x
17th November, 2009, 07:27 PM
aaah..... It needs to be tar.gz

Now I can see the file...

But when I say install now... it says Installation failed.
I tried creating a tar.gz with the .cfg and .so files in /var/tuxbox/plugins/ of the tar.gz
I tried creating a tar.gz with the .cfg and .so files in /plugins/ of the tar.gz
And I tried creating a tar.gz with the .cfg and .so files in / of the tar.gz
No luck ... How do I need to proceed? Or am I working with the wrong file version !?

nl-x
17th November, 2009, 09:53 PM
Fixed!

My last problem was that the machine was set to Dutch Mode... And the plugin was English. Failing the installation.

Once I set the machine to English (and rebooted the machine, for the change to take effect), the installation was succesfull.

Now I was able to edit and clear the root password in the passwd file.

zanzanax
25th February, 2010, 05:20 PM
Can i manual install the TuxBox Commander ? when i try to download it from the receiver, i have an error msg

knz
5th March, 2010, 05:09 PM
Can i manual install the TuxBox Commander ? when i try to download it from the receiver, i have an error msg

same question:ciao:

flimflam
21st May, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hello thank you very much dear Up-loader !

For all newbies quick guide how it works NOW May 2010 !

Known process:

1) download to known PC folder
2) open via FTP /tmp folder on your TuxBox
3) copy there dreamnetcast.tar
4) close connection, leave PC, use remote control for manual instalation on OSD
5) before first try you need to upgrade old links in stations.xms
6) start DNC plug-in ...enjoy listening!

How to rewrite old links by editing stations.xml:

1) edit stations.xml in PSpad ...this way:

change old link for example radio 977 excerpt should look like presently: ........http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=6956......

for information about the line use directly your browser, enter #shoutcast.com# take some radio end click right mouse on yellow button TUNE IN!, copy link address. This should be input for the new line.

But if you want to use more radios try to Google DNChelper. It is pretty nice utility for PC with net framework to order and sort your radios from shout-cast. After sorting job is finished this utility enables you to upload stations.xml directly to your box ... perfect solution !

It is quite easy ..... Like Henry?s gun. You load it whole weekend, but then shoot whole week !!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++
The BUG is, than if you will press YELLOW button ( settings ) on the remote, STB freeze. CCcam will restart, I do not know how to solve.

bye

letoatreides66
19th June, 2010, 01:52 PM
I guess it would be a good idea to read: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/plugins-cli-image-how-28395/

mobad
20th June, 2010, 02:09 PM
I have a TM500 box and tuxbox is not available through the control panel.

What do I need to do to reset the password as I cannot remember it?

ultrakiasu
3rd July, 2010, 12:40 PM
I need help on Dreambox Editor plug-in (sometimes also known as Dreambox Key Generator).

Does this v1.1 plug-in recognise the type of softcam the user using and update the correct cam files (either softcam.key or keylist.txt)??
Or it is only suitable for evocam files?

Anyone to enlighten me?

Thanks.

markz39
13th August, 2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks alot DevilFish

I think this is also another gd and important plugin for easy changing of keys

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/keys-management-panel-plugin-1265/

zlatko_k
25th September, 2010, 11:47 AM
hi

i'm trying to install the tuxbox commander addon but i get "installation not successful" error. I changed the extension from .rar to tar.gz, but i can't install it. any help please?

thank you

bye

smirnoff_rules
25th September, 2010, 11:50 AM
hi

i'm trying to install the tuxbox commander addon but i get "installation not successful" error. I changed the extension from .rar to tar.gz, but i can't install it. any help please?

thank you

bye

can l ask why your doing this .. 99% of cable has gone .... no more

ponga
29th September, 2010, 04:43 PM
For dreamnetcast, Can I add the internet radio stream i.e. mms//.... to the stations.xml and does it work? or it should be input by ip address and its port?

jindono
28th October, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hello,
I don't know the root password for my dreambox so i've managed to use tuxbox commander. I've successfully installed It and I'm able to use It. But I can't edit the file passwd under /var/etc/ since It seems I don't have the right (when the cursor is on the file passwd, I have only "1 : right" and "3 : view(or read)" but no "4 : Edit"). Can I modify the rights for this file ? Help Please...

egypte
8th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
Is there a specific version for Dm500-S ?

Repinator
14th November, 2010, 03:10 PM
Where must I put the plugin-files??:hmmmm2:

giusvar33
6th December, 2010, 09:14 PM
I installed dreamnetcast from the menu of my enigma 2 (gemini project), i am searching for stations.xml, but I can not find it, I checked /var/etc but nothing. Anyone maybe can help me please? I have to search for a different filename?

kenngks
7th December, 2010, 12:22 AM
There are some DM800 image files which are built without the essential option : /Press blue button/newnigama2 services/EMU Menu/Add-remove camds included. There isn't and Addon menu too. I wanted to install mgcamd and run 1.31 or 1.35a. Is there any plugin which can help to solve this problem?

naphatkrit
25th December, 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi, I am really new to dreambox, so please excuse me if I ask some stupid questions. I am using the 800HD model, do all the plugins here work for that model?

bestking
26th December, 2010, 07:41 PM
Oh, well I was searched the net all rounf for DreamNetCast Internet Radio .
and hopefully I find it.
THX for it!

salmansadiq
28th December, 2010, 07:25 PM
hi

is tuxbox compatible with dreambox 500s, my default image doesnt have this on it

thanks

khalidoen
30th January, 2011, 12:22 AM
How can i install the tuxbox commander if i don't have the password?

sasli
12th February, 2011, 03:26 PM
The default password is "dreambox" (without the quotes). Try it. If it's changed, reset to factory defaults.

Kerean
16th February, 2011, 09:35 AM
Can I get confirmation whether Tux Commander is the same as TuxBox Commander?

Based on the PLI wiki, they seem to have a Tux Commander but not a TuxBo commander.

PLi? Images website - PLi? Wiki: E1SoftwareDownloadsPlugins (http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=E1SoftwareDownloadsPlugins)

http://www.pli-images.org/images/wiki/000847_plug_addon2.png

eddlko
24th February, 2011, 03:55 PM
For those who want to manage their channel numbers

PLi? Images website - PLi? Wiki: Channel (http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=Channel)

angel19
5th April, 2011, 10:17 AM
nice tools, but i want to know for manually install of tuxbox commander, how to convert .rar file to .tar.bz ??

jhchng88
22nd May, 2011, 05:16 AM
how reset root password

rednic
11th June, 2011, 10:53 AM
Tuxbox Commander
Useful for editing files on your dreambox.

Dream Netcast Internet Radio
Listen to internet radio on your dreambox.
Edit the /var/etc/stations.xml file to add new radio stations.

Dream Weather X
Weather information

DB Switch

Bit Rate Viewer
View the bit rate of the channel you are watching.

Installing on your Dreambox

If your image has an Addons menu, copy the .tar.bz file to the /tmp folder on your box and install via the Manual Install option in your Addons menu.

If it doesn't have this function, extract the files to your Desktop using WinRar and copy the files to the proper folder locations using your FTP client.
salut i have a dm 7000 with sif image on it.icant telnet to,becouse difrent username,and this image dont have tuxbox on it.the link for adon server seems to be wrong,so i have to edit but i cant telnet to .i took the program but how to transfer in,since i cant telnet to or edit with tuxbox

Raymanx
24th July, 2011, 06:30 AM
Hi, I'm new in these forum,
I wonder if some one could tell me if, the Total Commander is similar to the Tuxbox Commander. I mean ca I do the same things with the total Comander and with the Tuxbox Commander, I really will apreciate your help

thanks.

31st July, 2011, 06:07 PM
Can i install tuxbox commander using the automount trick?

richardmaniaki
10th August, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have DM500
Forgot password and I'm not using Gemini.

How to reset the password?

NiRo
12th September, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hello,

I want ton know if dreambox 500 can read sharing folder on PC using Windows 7 ?

minotavrs
12th October, 2011, 11:10 AM
Dreambox RSS Newsreader
Great plugin for access newsreels from internet sites.
Edit the \var\tuxbox\config\rss\feeds.xml file if you want to add new feeds.

Do u know if RSS Newsreader working with enigma2 ?

I search rss reader for vu+...

any help ?

ahhoe
25th October, 2011, 11:04 AM
i copid the files in page 1 into my dm500. connect up the cable. there's ip address. when i click download, it just stops there and timeout after like 20 secs.

Any idea what happen?

arpagr
4th December, 2011, 04:24 AM
These pluging fit to any image ?

Antonjo
4th December, 2011, 03:51 PM
I need vlcf player for dreambox.Where can i find it?

amnya
20th December, 2011, 10:51 PM
Do these work on any other linux receiver? or they only work on dreambox?

yobooh
7th July, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi there.
I've read that its possible to mount the Dreambox as an NFS server in this post: do you know how to do it?

DBTraitor
12th July, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hi there.
I've read that its possible to mount the Dreambox as an NFS server in this post: do you know how to do it?

I found this guide
Not sure if its helpful.......

Download Link
Download NFSSETUPANDWALKTHROUGH.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2onpii)

Alternate Link
NFSSETUPANDWALKTHROUGH.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?5rde3wlxkx0b4k4)

cglopez67
2nd October, 2012, 05:17 AM
Is there a plugin fo activate clsed caption?

tiamatt2
16th October, 2012, 12:03 AM
Hi, I'm having similar probs , I've flashed my box but can't use DCC or DB edit as it says the default passwords are incorrect or "Send socket is not connected", even tho the box reacts with a ping test with DreamUp.
How do I put Tuxbox on the DB500s if I can't use DCC or Edit?
I'm a newbie as you'll have gathered!

nareslue
28th October, 2012, 09:32 PM
good thank

Polysci
4th November, 2012, 03:41 PM
To Devilfish,

I am super new to this website and I need tech help to re-start the DM500C.

I did a systems re-boot on the unit and would like to check need to install the proper programs from dreamup to the DM500C unit?

Pls email to me at auvsg@yahoo.com

Await for your reply as I am stuck on the technical terms and lingo used for this issue...

Logger
5th November, 2012, 05:00 AM
Hi all,

I using DM800C and my box inside have this plugin-Nstream player, with 56 IPTV china channel. But when i load the channel, nothing come out.

Anyone have the simliar plugin for viewing IPTV ?

DBTraitor
5th November, 2012, 05:34 AM
To Devilfish,

I am super new to this website and I need tech help to re-start the DM500C.

I did a systems re-boot on the unit and would like to check need to install the proper programs from dreamup to the DM500C unit?

Pls email to me at auvsg@yahoo.com

Await for your reply as I am stuck on the technical terms and lingo used for this issue...

Can you elaborate what you mean by restart?
Your box does not have the image(program) all along or you reset the box?

DBTraitor
5th November, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hi all,

I using DM800C and my box inside have this plugin-Nstream player, with 56 IPTV china channel. But when i load the channel, nothing come out.

Anyone have the simliar plugin for viewing IPTV ?

So when you use the nstream plugin for IPTV, did you connect your box to your router?

Logger
5th November, 2012, 11:31 AM
So when you use the nstream plugin for IPTV, did you connect your box to your router?

Yes, I did my network test. Before access the plugin. But when I load it, nothing come out. Just a black screen. I waited for 10 min. Also the same.

DBTraitor
5th November, 2012, 12:20 PM
but for your info, not all the iptv channels in the nstream is working. So far i only manage to get a handful only

Moreover, I understand that we need to switch cams for certain iptv channels which I not so keen to explore yet
It has been discussed 3 months back

Logger
12th November, 2012, 12:39 PM
but for your info, not all the iptv channels in the nstream is working. So far i only manage to get a handful only

Moreover, I understand that we need to switch cams for certain iptv channels which I not so keen to explore yet
It has been discussed 3 months back Yup, some of the channel can. Is there any teletext plugin for SG DM800?

mchute
5th December, 2012, 10:14 AM
te***351;ekk?rler

nabs84
27th December, 2012, 09:34 PM
can any one provide the password switcher plugin?

Dm500SS
13th January, 2013, 09:57 AM
i would like to have some help with this , thanks

papithai
2nd February, 2013, 05:37 AM
I have 2 DM500HD and DM500S
Is that I can copy the password file from the first to the second dreambox ?
because I can not download tuxbox commander.rar
* I do not have the permission Digital Kaos
thank you

PEAL81
3rd February, 2013, 07:36 PM
Thank you very much!

deden
5th February, 2013, 02:20 AM
Thank you very much!

ng38103a
25th February, 2013, 11:10 PM
i need tuxbox. i need an external linl. some one can help me.
thanks

kujtimneziraj
1st March, 2013, 08:51 PM
thank you brother