PDA

View Full Version : New to this

Dre9872
28th November, 2008, 01:20 PM
OK so I bought a TM-6800 and a 1.1M motorised dish. My main desire is to be able to watch Eurosport, it would also be nice to get Discovery. Any info on how I go about this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dre...

krazylegz
28th November, 2008, 01:34 PM
i take it you already have your dish setup and alligned??

to watch skys discovery and eurosport you will need a valid subscription, but there is eurosport 2 on 1w which is open....shows loads of footy but foreign commentry:( and the discovery channel i think is in english as with national geographic...unfortunatly i cant check to confrim as of yet as i'm not at home for a few weeks

.: JaCkPoT :.
28th November, 2008, 01:42 PM
13 east for eusport, 1west for discovery.. all english.

Dre9872
28th November, 2008, 03:55 PM
13E I only find EuroSport HD, which doesn't seem to be on air much, and on Thor I don't see an un-encrypted Discovery.

28th November, 2008, 04:59 PM
there should be loads of esp`s and esp2`s. theyre eurosport. look at the 1west package called digitv... they have the discovery`s on.

Dre9872
28th November, 2008, 06:58 PM
All the ESP and ESP2 channels are showing as Encrypted

29th November, 2008, 12:39 AM
let the au kick in and they should open. patience!!

Dre9872
29th November, 2008, 02:17 PM
I've left the receiver with the 'scramble channel' displaying on the screen for up to 10min's and longer on several of the ESP channels with no luck, I did get sound from the ESP Int' channel but no picture.

The receiver was supposed to come with 5 pre Installed CAM's, do you think I need to update the 'Patch', I'm not sure what version it has installed.

29th November, 2008, 04:12 PM
someone should upload the latest patch for you.. try that and it should work....

benny/9
29th November, 2008, 06:23 PM
I've left the receiver with the 'scramble channel' displaying on the screen for up to 10min's and longer on several of the ESP channels with no luck, I did get sound from the ESP Int' channel but no picture.

The receiver was supposed to come with 5 pre Installed CAM's, do you think I need to update the 'Patch', I'm not sure what version it has installed.
if you look in the receiver menu>system information
the latest patch is 6.64p [nov 17 2008]
now as for the eruosport chns on hotbird 13e most are now
in viaccess 2.5 and seca 2 which is not open.
eurosport and eurosport 2 int'l are part of the polsat package
on 11.242-v-27500 now polsat is changing over to nagra 3 only
esp2 int'l is open the hd chn is not available, there are eruosport chns open on thor 1w both on digi-tv and canal+ nordic but you will need a diablo cam
to view the canal+ chns

Dre9872
29th November, 2008, 07:30 PM
I tried the 6800HDSuper 664p Patch but I got an incompatible error, not written, so to see if I was doing it right I did the 6800HD 658p Patch and it installed fine. do I need a 6800HD 664p patch rather than Super? If so where do I find it?
P.S. Diablo Cam? what is this and where do I get/buy it.

benny/9
29th November, 2008, 08:20 PM
hi m8,
you must only use the correct patch for your model
or you could lock the receiver and need a forced download
to clear the problem. you need the original patch
i will post the tm 6000 patches for you [please use the correct patch]
load the patch then i will give you info on the cam etc:
once again will the admin or mods please move to the correct section
tm 6000_644_original_patches 17/11/08
DigiTV, ITV HD, Polsat, Premiere, ORF HD, Lig TV, etc
DigiTV AU
ITV HD: Go to Advance Search - Transponder - 11428 - Red Button - Channel Name = 10510
Polsat AU
Premiere AU
Digiturk/Lig TV, Kabel, Select Kino, etc on 23east (all nagra channels on Astra 3)
Rai
ORF & ORF HD, etc
For Premiere Portal channels (Premiere Direkt, Premiere Sport Portal & Erotik AB), press Red (Bookmark) button for more channels
To Download software/keys/channel list by USB: Menu - USB - Data Transfer (takes 30secs for software!)
NDF Upload = Channel List upload
Freesat working
Watch 1 channel and playback a recorded file at the same time
Record scrambled & FTA channels
card working
Pause Live TV by Timeshift
thanks goes to Magic

benny/9
29th November, 2008, 08:24 PM
post removed a double posting of the same file and message

Dre9872
29th November, 2008, 10:57 PM
OK, thanks for your help Benny, I have downloaded and installed the 664p Patch successfully. Still can't seem to get any channels that are scrambled to view tho.

29th November, 2008, 11:32 PM
Goto 1 west and tune into digifilm. Check if that clears. If not press mute then exit and check if any keys are viewable. Then leave it on digifilm and wait two minutes.

Dre9872
30th November, 2008, 12:29 AM
I don't see a channel called digifilm on Thor, the first channel is BBC World. The only D's are DanToto, DigiTV Info, Discovery (D),(F),(N),(S), Disney Chann, dk4, DKTE, DR Update, DR 1, DR 2.
I rescanned the satellite to make sure I had all the channels but it made no difference.

30th November, 2008, 12:54 AM
Search Results for - KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=digifilm&standard=All)
last one down!!

Dre9872
30th November, 2008, 02:09 AM
Hmm. so on my reciever 1W is a satelite called Thor which according to the site you showed me should be at 0.8W, but I don't have a 1W Intelsat 10-02 and have no idea how to add it. Any ideas?

30th November, 2008, 03:23 AM
These two sats are merged...goto discovery(d)(n)... And press blue.. Then use the onscreen thing to move the motor and improve the signal on 1west. Although this will slightly take your 0.8 signal down it will allow you to find more digitv channels if you dont already have them all.

benny/9
30th November, 2008, 11:19 AM
Hmm. so on my reciever 1W is a satelite called Thor which according to the site you showed me should be at 0.8W, but I don't have a 1W Intelsat 10-02 and have no idea how to add it. Any ideas?
the technomate receivers do show [thor at 1w] and [not a 0.8w] in there
satellite list,as for digi-tv the patch should open there channels for you
these channels are in [nagravision encryption] you wont open
any in conax without a diablo cam,or other encryptions.first find private spice channel, this is a xxx adult chn and is part of digi-tv if this opens all the other digi-tv chns will open, try this when your in the house alone or the wife/girlfriend might give you a good slap,lol. if you still have problems i will give you my latest softcam.

30th November, 2008, 04:25 PM
i will give you my latest softcam. thats generous lol

Dre9872
30th November, 2008, 06:18 PM
OK so I have tried moving the dish to the E and W extremes of getting the Thor signal and rescanning the channels and I still get none of the DigiTV channels. I'm wondering if I need to add the Intelsat as a new satellite (Altho not sure how to do this) as is seems that the scan only picks up channels on the satellite selected. ie if I select a certain satellite it will only show a signal if I am pointing at that satellite, if I'm pointing at a different satellite I show as no signal.

benny/9
30th November, 2008, 06:49 PM
OK so I have tried moving the dish to the E and W extremes of getting the Thor signal and rescanning the channels and I still get none of the DigiTV channels. I'm wondering if I need to add the Intelsat as a new satellite (Altho not sure how to do this) as is seems that the scan only picks up channels on the satellite selected. ie if I select a certain satellite it will only show a signal if I am pointing at that satellite, if I'm pointing at a different satellite I show as no signal.
hi m8.
to check if your on thor 1w. have you got bbc world news channel
this is a free to air chn with a strong signal, if you have look for chnnels
in nagravision encryption hallmark.animal planet discovery private spice
also check for sports chns there are about 10 as part of digi-tv

Dre9872
30th November, 2008, 06:58 PM
Yes I get the BBC World News channel, but if I look at the CAS section I get no channels listed under Nagravision.

benny/9
30th November, 2008, 07:42 PM
Yes I get the BBC World News channel, but if I look at the CAS section I get no channels listed under Nagravision.
hi m8.
a scan of this sat should give you about 300 chns
try this on the remote press menu> and go to motorised set up
and click ok you will now see on the top line 1.0w thor 2/3
next press the red button and on the small panel that opens
set it to tv network on and press ok to re-scan the satellite
and see if this brings the channels in for you.

Dre9872
30th November, 2008, 10:19 PM
Ok tried that but still only about 130 channels, it seem as tho it is not seeing the Intelsat satellite at all.

benny/9
30th November, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ok tried that but still only about 130 channels, it seem as tho it is not seeing the Intelsat satellite at all.
what chns are you getting? this is a very strong satellite.
i dont have intell on my satellite list i dont think it's
on any technomate receiver satellite list. when i scan
thor 1w i get all the channels for dig-tv. i cant understand
why your receiver cant get the channels, here's anouther thing
to try to fine tune the signal if you are on thor 1w on a chn thats open
press blue and a diseqc motor panel opens then with the vol buttons you
can fine tune the signal and see if the signal gets better then save and scan again

Dre9872
30th November, 2008, 10:51 PM
Have done that, I get 84%, 84%, thats as good as I can get it, I've tried moving it to the edge of reception both East and West and rescanning with no luck. I have also tried tilting the dish up and down slightly to see if it improves the signal but where it is seems to be optimal.

1st December, 2008, 01:18 AM
Only other thing could be the skew, something blocking signal or dish not being big enough..

Dre9872
1st December, 2008, 01:39 AM
I'm in the UK with a 1.1M dish with a clear view to the SE, S and SW. Skew??
P.S. If I can see Thor fine I should be able to see Intelsat I would have thought.

1st December, 2008, 01:48 AM
Skew is the tilt on the lnb..your dish is big enough so its the skew or your receiver.
Read the sticky in the general sat section on aligning your dish. See if that helps.

benny/9
1st December, 2008, 10:43 AM
I'm in the UK with a 1.1M dish with a clear view to the SE, S and SW. Skew??
P.S. If I can see Thor fine I should be able to see Intelsat I would have thought.
hi m8,
i have never known anyone to have a problem with thor when scanning the
channels,to try to find the problem, a few things come to mind
before you factory re-set the receiver did you have the digi-tv chns?
can you post what other chns your scan found just to check you
are on the correct satellite.every satellite uses the same frequencies
and thor 1w is a very strong satellite as for intelsat 10-02 1w. it's is so close to thor 0.8w. you will get the signals from it, when you scan thor,
as i said earlier intelsat is not on the list of satellites in the technomate receivers menu's check if you have these frequencies in your chn lists.
and the settings are correct, if not add them and see if it brings them in.
these are some of the digi-tv chn frequencies all have about 15 chns on them
12527-H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12563-H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12563-V - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12607-V - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12608-H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12643-H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12643-V - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12686-V - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12687-H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4
12718-V - DVB-S (QPSK) - 18400 3/4
12723-H - DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4

Dre9872
1st December, 2008, 03:19 PM
Ok after several hours of messing around this morning I have found some Nagra Channels (13). Now by looking at the KingOfSat site I have found that MTV Europe is on the DigiTV package, I can recieve it and its unscrambled.
But....
On my receiver it shows that it is tuned into TP 12.713(V)/27.500
Now looking at the KingOfSat site I see it should be on TP 12.563(V)/27.500
Not sure what this means but I'm sure something isn't setup right.
Another thing, might be related might not. The LNB I have is an Alsat DarkGold Universal Single LNB, Input Frequency 10.7-12.75GHz, Low noise figure 0.1dB.
This doesn't mean much to me, but I notice on the satellite setup you can set the LNB Frequency.
There are 3 options:
9.750/10.600
9.750/10.750
and a user setting.
I get signal and quality and am able to scan channels on bother the preset settings, but if I set it to 10.700/12.750 as thats the input frequency of the LNB I get no channels on a scan.
I'm grateful for the help you are both giving me and believe we are moving forward but still have some way to go.

Dre9872
1st December, 2008, 03:42 PM
Eureka!!! It would seem I had the LNB settings wrong, I had it set to the 9.750/10.750, I set it to 9.750/10.600 and rescanned, I got 450odd channels. All the DigiTV channels are there and working. I now get Eurosport, Discovery, Animal Planet and much more.
Thanks for your time spent helping, I don't think I would have gotten there otherwise.

1st December, 2008, 04:54 PM
glad your finally sorted... unusual solution tho!!!
enjoy yourself!