PDA

View Full Version : HELP ARSENAL ARE PLAYING SOON AND I CANT USE MY DM500C

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 02:31 PM
HI THERE I LIVE IN LONDON AND I HAVE A DREAMBOX 500C AND PUT THE KEYS IN LAST NIGHT AND SKYPORTS3 CAME ON FOR ABOUT 3 SECS THEN CHANGED THE CHANNEL AND ITS GONE ALONG WITH ALL MY OTHER CHANNELS THAT NEVER CAME ON IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS AS THEY WILL BE GRACIOUSLY RECIEVED THANKS FORUMERS!!!!:damnmate:

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 02:34 PM
I suspect you have not disabled the auto update feature. Until you do, the emu will continually update the keys with incorrect keys and overwrite the good ones.

Have a read here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1136

C64
13th April, 2008, 02:42 PM
Mate ths has been fixed, downlaod the fix and FTP it to your box and it'll get the code itself.

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 02:46 PM
whats the fix and whats ftp sorry im a newbie dont have a clue!!!!

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 02:50 PM
ha now it tells me i need to post 5 times before i can downdload your link great huh!!!:idea:

C64
13th April, 2008, 02:51 PM
The fix is available on this site, it's a single file that u need to copy over onto your box.

FTP is a method for transfering files between computers, have a search for FlashFXP, download it and install it then dig out the FTP tutorial from this site, I wrote a small tutorial in a post last night for someone, I'll find it and get back to you.

**infact, have a look at the Stickies, Thommo has already posted a FTP tutorial.

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 02:55 PM
wicked but how can i transfer onto my box from the computer the only way is a null cable innit?

C64
13th April, 2008, 02:56 PM
No mate, all you need is a network cable, like the one you have connected to your cable modem.

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 02:58 PM
wicked thanks i will go and give it a try its better than sitting ere looking at a blank screen!
cheers mate!!:rock:

C64
13th April, 2008, 03:01 PM
Let me know if u need any help mate.

muppet
13th April, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hi
I'm in same boat, it would seem we're not the only ones. I think there's a lot of information on this site but I new to all this and need a baby step way to fix this. Let me know if you hear anything.
Muppet!

Ciaran500
13th April, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hi
I'm in same boat, it would seem we're not the only ones. I think there's a lot of information on this site but I new to all this and need a baby step way to fix this. Let me know if you hear anything.
Muppet!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 03:42 PM
i have a rough idea mate i have it here in front of me i could help you out but you will have to get in touch with me via email so i can send you what info i have.
i have the keys but cannot post onto the site thanks.:elefant:

thommo
13th April, 2008, 04:13 PM
you dont need keys now, theres a fix. use the fix and ftp the fix to var/keys on your box.

if you need help with ftp'ing look here. follow the instructions, 30 second job to someone in the know but id say even a beginner could do it in less than 5.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307

kingkaiden
13th April, 2008, 04:17 PM
will try and use the fix!