PDA

View Full Version : Recording off EPG

kr4sh
13th April, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hey guys

once again im probably being a complete idiot, but this dreambox stuff is pretty new to me.

On my 600 PVR Is there any way for me to select a program off the EPG and set it to record it?
so for example if theres a program i want to watch tomorrow then i can select it to record it today?

On a side note, im after a Dreambox 500c for the bedroom. anyone know the cheapest place to get one?

Thanks again!
kr4sh

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 05:54 PM
There are no silly questions, just silly answers! ;)

There is a guide here for setting up direct recording. Not sure if it's the same for the 600 as you're probably recording to the hard disk. If so, I think the mount point would be /media/hdd instead of /hdd/movie.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34

If you scroll through the epg to the program you want to record, try pressing the green or yellow buttons. That should bring up the 'timer edit' screen and you can set the recording.

There are two reputable shops at the bottom of every page here that I can recommend for a DM500C. I have used both. If I could ask you to use the link if you do decide to purchase from them, I'd appreciate it. ;)

kr4sh
13th April, 2008, 05:59 PM
Great, :D cheers for the link.

And should i decide to purchase from eather those sites, il definately click the link from this site :-)