PDA

View Full Version : Mark Speight dead

smirnoff_rules
13th April, 2008, 07:06 PM
http://www.childline.org.uk/graphics/markspeight100.jpg

A body found at Paddington station is believed to be that of missing children's TV presenter Mark Speight, 42, British Transport Police said.
The 42-year-old disappeared six days ago, and was said to have been in a "vulnerable" state following the death of his fiancee Natasha Collins in January.
British Transport Police said officers were called to a remote area of Paddington station in west London after a man's body was discovered.
The circumstances surrounding the death are subject to an ongoing investigation, but police confirmed he was not hit by a train.

C64
13th April, 2008, 08:09 PM
Is that the fella who was accused of murdering his girlfriend?

RIP Mark.

thommo
13th April, 2008, 08:14 PM
Is that the fella who was accused of murdering his girlfriend?

RIP Mark.

no he was arrested at the time pending inquiries, no charges but looks like he couldnt live with the grief.

C64
13th April, 2008, 08:31 PM
That's a blimmin shame :(

Jaffa
13th April, 2008, 08:38 PM
I heard the news on the radio but I don't know he he is.

R.I.P fella.

jamez1
15th April, 2008, 01:26 AM
RIP used to watch "smart" quite s**t program but good guy none the less

C64
15th April, 2008, 01:41 PM
I heard the news on the radio but I don't know he he is.

R.I.P fella.

Big Kids TV star mate, he hosted an art program and was very popular.

His girlfriend died from an accidental overdose in January and he was arrested and questioned by police, obviously the Press had a field-day and done all they could to dig up shit on the guy, Police released him and cleared him of any involvement but the damage was done. The BBC terminated his contract and he became a celebrity outcast, looks like the grief of losing his partner and his career was just too much for him.

hails2008
15th April, 2008, 02:32 PM
Big Kids TV star mate, he hosted an art program and was very popular.

His girlfriend died from an accidental overdose in January and he was arrested and questioned by police, obviously the Press had a field-day and done all they could to dig up shit on the guy, Police released him and cleared him of any involvement but the damage was done. The BBC terminated his contract and he became a celebrity outcast, looks like the grief of losing his partner and his career was just too much for him.

To be fair the BBC would have had to sack him anyway as soon as drugs were mentioned, not gonna look good having a known drug user on kids tv. Still sad what has happened though just shows that fame and money does not make the world go round.

RIP

Crash2744
15th April, 2008, 08:00 PM
He was an alright guy just went down the wrong path I spose

bennyking
16th April, 2008, 12:03 AM
very sad story which shows how fragile life can be..

shere
16th April, 2008, 09:10 PM
R.I.P Mark Speight, our thoughts are with the family.