PDA

View Full Version : Arnet a700c help

lostboy87
28th November, 2008, 05:47 PM
Got this box at the beginning of the week and its gone down on virgin like everyone elses.
I just need an idiots guide step by step of what to do.
What cable do i need to hook up to laptop?
What do i do once i have the cable,what do i download and where?
I just need to know what to do to get working again.
Please help i am new to this and feel like i have just wasted my money.
Thank you very much for any help!

jeff tomkins
28th November, 2008, 05:58 PM
mine too, if anyone can help plz do...it will stop me from going insane..I am very new to this stuff!

Jeff

bugaloo41
28th November, 2008, 07:38 PM
Guys everything you need sure be here.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-arnet-kryptview-31/)

Post back if you need help.

buddy2008
28th November, 2008, 10:47 PM
help what do i do with the key, how do i flash my arnet a700c
please help

bugaloo41
28th November, 2008, 10:51 PM
buddy read the info in the link. You have to have 5 posts before download granted but it aint difficult. If after that you still have problems post back.

slartibartfast
29th November, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hi guys I know everyone is really busy with the virgin key roll but I just got KV last night and having problems with it.Tried all firmware on site and have no problem flashing but it will only find FTA channels on scan not even radio stations. Searched on all , scrambled etc but to no avail - newcastle area so it was TW before virgin takeover. I guess I must be missing something obvious. be very grateful if anyone can offer advice

Fekker
29th November, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hi guys I know everyone is really busy with the virgin key roll but I just got KV last night and having problems with it.Tried all firmware on site and have no problem flashing but it will only find FTA channels on scan not even radio stations. Searched on all , scrambled etc but to no avail - newcastle area so it was TW before virgin takeover. I guess I must be missing something obvious. be very grateful if anyone can offer advice

Are you sure it's a Kryptview? Did you do a network scan?

slartibartfast
29th November, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks - Yes its a Kryptview and yes I did a network scan coming up with Telewest and NTL - quality and signal strength OK So not sure what I've missed or done wrong

jomaloney2004@yahoo.co.uk
29th November, 2008, 08:54 PM
Guys everything you need sure be here.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-arnet-kryptview-31/)

Post back if you need help.
Hi I am newbie aswell. But when I try to download the firmware, my laptop will not let me open the file, saying it is corrupt. Please help. Pulling my hair out!!!

digitalduo
29th November, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hi my box has gone down too. I have tried all the suggestions but when I try to download the file to the box I get an error saying "download not requested" Could anybody help please and tell me what im doing wrong. Ive been trying to do this for two days now :banghead:

jet.taylor
30th November, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hi I am newbie aswell. But when I try to download the firmware, my laptop will not let me open the file, saying it is corrupt. Please help. Pulling my hair out!!!dont open the file save it your disc has the software to open it follow the instructions theyre on the disc as well

jet.taylor
30th November, 2008, 09:18 AM
Hi I am newbie aswell. But when I try to download the firmware, my laptop will not let me open the file, saying it is corrupt. Please help. Pulling my hair out!!!dont open the file save it your disc has the software to open it follow the instructions theyre on the disc as well

bobet
30th November, 2008, 10:40 AM
hi there i live in newcastle aswell. ive dwn loaded the latest firmware and arnet loader. bt dnt have a rs232 cable but got the latest keys from key master. so do i put the keys in before the firmware update or after. ( gonna buy a cable today) or do i not need the keys. any help will be appreciated.

Fekker
30th November, 2008, 12:16 PM
Hi my box has gone down too. I have tried all the suggestions but when I try to download the file to the box I get an error saying "download not requested" Could anybody help please and tell me what im doing wrong. Ive been trying to do this for two days now :banghead:

You need to power down the Kryptview and quickly apply power again to start the download process.

thewizardofodds
30th November, 2008, 12:17 PM
hi there i live in newcastle aswell. ive dwn loaded the latest firmware and arnet loader. bt dnt have a rs232 cable but got the latest keys from key master. so do i put the keys in before the firmware update or after. ( gonna buy a cable today) or do i not need the keys. any help will be appreciated.

you dont need keys, just update firmware

fingerz
7th January, 2009, 01:43 PM
when it says waiting for update does that mean firmwear or what ? ! ! !

shshaq
8th January, 2009, 07:30 PM
I'm having the same probs as some of the other guys on this thread, my box keeps on freezing every couple of hours since I last had it flasheed. If I download the latest firmware how would install on to my box. Any ideas plz.