PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed

iKay
21st June, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

I've went through some of the other posts regarding the same issue "Tune Failed error messege when viewing channels". I couldn't find any post relating to my settings.

I have a clone DM800HD with ALPS tuner (the supplier said it is original). I have 3 satellites (Badr, Nilesat, Hotbird) configured.

The "Tune Failed" messege shows up randomly. fir example, I'm watching OSN Comedy on Nilesat, I switch to OSN Comedy+2, then back to first channel where I get the error.

I have changed the LNB and the Disque and used another image. None of them resolved the problem.

Any suggestions?

bubbles69
22nd June, 2010, 01:05 AM
By the sounds of it I would say 95% tuner fault,

father ted
22nd June, 2010, 01:23 AM
By the sounds of it I would say 95% tuner fault,

Bubbles is there a fix for this problem??

alunfennell
22nd June, 2010, 02:06 AM
This is from the Dream website.

Test it by using the manual configuration. In the tuner configuration
set the config. of the tuner to "extended" (at the moment should be on "simple"). Now you can choose which satellite to receive and then use for these satellites this settings
(Diseqc-mode 1.1, Diseqc command transfer (AA), Diseqc repeats on 2 or 3, command or repeating sequence may also once activate).

Also you can increase the diseqc frequency. Once configured for the first satellite please select with the left-right buttons of the remote control the next satellite you wish to receive and make the same adjustment (just adpot the Diseqc-Port to AB etc.). Please do not use the "exit"-button on the remote before all satellites are configured correctly. Are all satellite configured, please press the OK button on the remote to save the settings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personaly I think You may need update some of your drivers because this is not a hardware problem, but more a software problem switching between channels & your Diseqc switch when your running more than one Lnb can cause issues.

If you get no results from the above and switching has worked in the past without any issue then its the tuner is failing, tends to be the No.1 fault with the clone Dreamboxs, buying an original Dream tuner can fix the issue but because its a clone different materials are used Chips/ resistors / caps etc in the manufacture or the receiver sometimes a origianal dreambox tuner will not work. its 50/50

iKay
26th June, 2010, 08:08 PM
First of all, sorry for the late response, as I broke my toe and couldn't join here till now.

alunfennell thank you so much for the valuable information. I have followed them.. I can't really tell if the problem is gone as it is random.. so i will have to monitor the situation for few days and see. I will keep you all posted.

As for the drivers updates you mentioned, I have Gemini 5.0 running on BL76. How can I know if I need any drivers update please?

Thanks in advanced.

PS: Thank bubbles & father for replying :)

iKay
26th June, 2010, 09:09 PM
Status update:

I have noticed that only channels from one satellite are working. So I reset to factory settings and configured the tuner as provided for two satellites (Badr & Nilesat) and rescanned them. It seems that all Nilesat channels didn't show. Instead, Badr channels are showing duplicated. As if my box is seeing both satellites as Badr.

I have taken the below snapshot for the satellites configuration. Please let me know if I have made any mistake.

iKay
28th June, 2010, 02:57 PM
Status update 2:
I configured "Increase Voltage" to "Yes" and now I'm able to view both satellites (Badr & Nilesat). It seems without this, the configuration won't be activiated for some reason. Anyway, Just to be at the safe side, I'm resetting to factory settings now, then reconfiguring the tuner as above, then rescan. I will see how that goes.

I'm still hoping for an answer on how to update the drivers please.

alunfennell
28th June, 2010, 03:12 PM
Well I never owened an 800HD but on the new 500HD running Gemini 5.0 Updates are as follows .....Press menu-setup-software managment- & select software update.

If you have any issues look for advanced options in software manager and you can choose from which source you want the updats from....

Hope it helps...

Ansem
28th June, 2010, 03:21 PM
ive had the same problem on my 800hd and ive found out that the 800 doesnt like diseqc switches, some work fine,
some work only with a certain type and some dont work at all
i was using 4 dishes and had setup on a 7020 and a 600 no problem with same switch but kept gettin tune failed and channels missing on the 800
yet if i scanned sats individually everything would be fine
so atm ive just got the 800 on 28.2 and it works fine, you could try a different diseqc switch

iKay
28th June, 2010, 06:19 PM
Thank you guys.
I still have the issue. and updating the software showed no available updates.

I installed DreamEliteBH-124-DM800-sim201e-75-OE16 image now and found a patch for drivers update from 20100414 to 20100623 which i installed successfully. Now I'm scanning. Hope this will solve the issue.

iKay
28th June, 2010, 06:44 PM
DreamEliteBH-124-DM800-sim201e-75-OE16 image was working normally. Maybe the Gemini image i was using had some bugs!

I just downloaded Gemini 5.0 sim201e-76-gp5.00-OE1.6-dm800-20100429 from different source and will give it a shot too after i install the manual driver patch as well. I have a feeling this would do.

This thread turned into a blog or a diary lol

iKay
28th June, 2010, 07:22 PM
So everything seems fine now. I will keep monitoring the situation though. But to sum this up for ppl with similar issue,, this is what I have done to resolve -fingers crossed- the Tuner Failed issue:

- Installed Gemini 5.0 from Here (http://www.dm800sim2.com/sim2/gemini/content/60/20100508/449.html)
- Updated drivers to 20100623 from Here (http://www.4shared.com/file/CyyIjmI9/dreambox-dvb-modules_2618-73-d.html) and follow these steps:

-Download and unpack then upload to /tmp
-telnet to your box and type ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk
- Configured my tuner as per alunfennell's instructions. (make sure to set Increased Voltage to YES)
- Scanned for channels.

Will post a status update in couple of days to confirm if this actually worked.

peppuzzolo
29th June, 2010, 08:18 AM
Hi everybody.
I solved the problem changing the LNB. It looks strange but the DM800 works with a very cheap no brand chinese LNB, around 3$!!! And It fails to tune with more expensive Humax LNB...

I can see everything now!!!!!

iKay
29th June, 2010, 01:18 PM
Seriously? I can give it a shot too.. I still have the error, but not as often as before though.
What is worring is, I found out that even original DM800 boxes have the same issue!

daveejay
30th June, 2010, 10:59 AM
Have left my clone on 28.2 east for similar reasons, it also wont hold its config if powered off/on, means i have to rescan each time that happens - the joys of clonership eh?

iKay
30th June, 2010, 12:43 PM
Have left my clone on 28.2 east for similar reasons, it also wont hold its config if powered off/on, means i have to rescan each time that happens - the joys of clonership eh?

what does 28.2 means?

southpaw
30th June, 2010, 12:47 PM
28.2 is a sat (28.2 degrees east) , sky uk sat

iKay
30th June, 2010, 06:02 PM
thanks. That won't work here. I'm using 7 west and 26 east

by time i'm getting the feeling that Gemini is the issue. I'm going back to Dream Elite now and give it a shot for couple of days.

iKay
2nd July, 2010, 09:48 AM
surprisingly, Dream Elite Black Hole 1.24 worked with no issues at all. Which means Gemini 5.0 image is the cause of the Tuner Failed problem.

I've been using Dream Elite for two days now (with simple tuner configuration) and never got the tuner failed error at all.

I guess the drivers used in Gemini 5.0 is the cause of the problem.

bubbles69
2nd July, 2010, 05:30 PM
I have also seen this issue with Gemini 5 snr shows good like 84% but no channels tune failed and wouldn't scanned used the latest dreamelite 1.33 and works perfect must be issue with Gemini 5

der_markus
2nd July, 2010, 07:52 PM
I have had same problem with DM800.

I increased the value of /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude .
The default is 7 in most cases. I increased to 12 and now it is running very stable.

You can increase this value in shell-mode by typing command

echo "10" > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitudeGreets.

iKay
4th July, 2010, 10:20 AM
I have had same problem with DM800.

I increased the value of /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude .
The default is 7 in most cases. I increased to 12 and now it is running very stable.

You can increase this value in shell-mode by typing command

echo "10" > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitudeGreets.

was it Gemini image?

der_markus
4th July, 2010, 11:00 AM
No, Newnigma2-Image.

Greets.

iKay
4th July, 2010, 01:05 PM
thanks .. i will give it a shot on Gemini since it is the image with the issue.

iKay
4th July, 2010, 05:39 PM
how can i check the default value before applying the new one?

der_markus
4th July, 2010, 05:44 PM
You can read the current value with command
cat /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitudeBtw: After reboot this value will change back to default.
If you will make this value persistent, you have to include the
echo .... > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude command to the boot-up-scripts.

But first try around with some values.

Greets.

iKay
4th July, 2010, 07:01 PM
thank u so much :)
stupid question,, how can i add that as boot-up-service plz?

der_markus
8th July, 2010, 07:13 PM
Well, this is based on your image...

Which one do you use?

Greets.

dodgydrew
9th July, 2010, 01:13 PM
I have had problems with mine as well with certain
images. :)

iKay
10th July, 2010, 07:13 PM
Well, this is based on your image...

Which one do you use?

Greets.

Gemini 5.0

der_markus
10th July, 2010, 10:23 PM
Hmm... I have never used Gemini...

Start-Up-Scripts are places in /etc/init.d.
Maybe you find there a file like "done" oder "rc.local"...

If not, you can add a file named "setamp" with the following contents:

#! /bin/sh
#
# setamp This script sets the amplitude
#
# Version: @(#)setamp 1.00 10-Jul-2010 me@me.me
#

echo "10" > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitudeNow you have to add this to your runlevel and make this new file executable. You can do this by typing

ln -s /etc/init.d/setamp /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99setamp
chmod augo+rx /etc/init.d/setamp(If gemini uses an other runlevel than 3 you have to change the path from rc3.d to what ever.
You can see used runlevel with command "ps ax" at the first line. ex. (init 3))
Greets.

iKay
17th July, 2010, 08:22 PM
thank you so much markus for everything. That also didn't solve the issue. the error msg started showing again last night. I reimaged my box with DreamElite BlackHole which never had the problem.

milo2009
13th October, 2010, 11:30 AM
thank you so much markus for everything. That also didn't solve the issue. the error msg started showing again last night. I reimaged my box with DreamElite BlackHole which never had the problem.

Good morning guys;

I am really confused with all those images out there. Recently I installed my clone DM800 HD with the following image:
Gemini 5.10 for clone DM800HD SSL69

It works fine BUT there are some issues with "Tune Failed" especially on HD channels on 19E. I have also an original DM800 HD with Gemini4.70 on it and no problem with it no such an error.

So what do you suggest that I install in my clone DM800 HD?

Br

Milo

cdr
13th October, 2010, 12:06 PM
Good morning guys;

I am really confused with all those images out there. Recently I installed my clone DM800 HD with the following image:
Gemini 5.10 for clone DM800HD SSL69

It works fine BUT there are some issues with "Tune Failed" especially on HD channels on 19E. I have also an original DM800 HD with Gemini4.70 on it and no problem with it no such an error.

So what do you suggest that I install in my clone DM800 HD?

Br

Milo

what SIM and BL your box got??

milo2009
13th October, 2010, 12:46 PM
what SIM and BL your box got??

BL69 and the SIM maybe 1.0 I am not sure . I bought it last year, so it has to be SIM1.0

REMEMBER, it is a CLONE DM800 HD

Wingnut
13th October, 2010, 03:48 PM
reading this thread here and quite intresting,i to am getting tune failed on a few channels on 1 west and a few other sats, 28.2e is fine,im running gemini 4.70 ,i might try new image to see if this solves the prob tho iv heard a new lmb might solve it

milo2009
14th October, 2010, 08:06 AM
reading this thread here and quite intresting,i to am getting tune failed on a few channels on 1 west and a few other sats, 28.2e is fine,im running gemini 4.70 ,i might try new image to see if this solves the prob tho iv heard a new lmb might solve it

Good morning;

I think it is an image problem. I connected my original DM800 HD with Gemini4.70 and all the HD channels are fine, so the image I am having in my clone Dm800 HD is Gemini5.10 Experimental so that could be the problem.

Cheers

M

tunk2tunk
6th January, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hi everybody.
I solved the problem changing the LNB. It looks strange but the DM800 works with a very cheap no brand chinese LNB, around 3$!!! And It fails to tune with more expensive Humax LNB...

I can see everything now!!!!!
I got the same problems, you did not change the Diseqc, but LNB? Do you have a link to the store and a product no?