PDA

View Full Version : tacho universal 2008 wont power up

turbotissssh
23rd June, 2010, 07:48 AM
hi there,
i have just bought a second hand tacho universal 2008 (been used couple of times apparantly) only 4 or 5 wires have been opened, anyway when i recieved it i had a set of 2001 ford fiesta clocks laying about so decided to practice on them, followed the cd instructions and pictures 3 times but diddnt change mileage also mileage displayed on the clocks is 75545 but tacho showed up 00000, i then went away for a few minutes and came back to a warm tacho machine and smelt hot too!! now wont switch on or come into life when power supply is connected... have i broken it or is this a common problem as i noticed there is a repair guide with the cd, any help would be much appreciated:celtictop:

manxspud
23rd June, 2010, 08:29 AM
hi there,
i have just bought a second hand tacho universal 2008 (been used couple of times apparantly) only 4 or 5 wires have been opened, anyway when i recieved it i had a set of 2001 ford fiesta clocks laying about so decided to practice on them, followed the cd instructions and pictures 3 times but diddnt change mileage also mileage displayed on the clocks is 75545 but tacho showed up 00000, i then went away for a few minutes and came back to a warm tacho machine and smelt hot too!! now wont switch on or come into life when power supply is connected... have i broken it or is this a common problem as i noticed there is a repair guide with the cd, any help would be much appreciated:celtictop:

I think you may need to repost this in the auto section, This is the Technomate satellite section m8.

@manx

justy22
26th June, 2010, 01:02 PM
Post this in the Dashboard section tons of help for the tacho universal in there

z786
26th June, 2010, 02:26 PM
you need 2 open up your tacho and see if there are any physical burn marks, damage etc, post a pic here if you can, make sure you remove the top board first, 2 screws and it shud come out