PDA

View Full Version : itgate sat channels?

pantomime horse
23rd June, 2010, 07:49 AM
if I install a sat tuner in my 200c,
will it then function as a freesat box,
or any idea what channels it will recieve?

btw

I know later 200c didn't have swappable tuners but mine is an earlier one with swappable tuner.

thanks

allivnotsa
23rd June, 2010, 11:30 AM
i would also like to know what would be available with a sat tuner for my 220, bought 4 of these and were told they were future proof so lets see if theres any point in keeping them .

freck
23rd June, 2010, 06:54 PM
If your tuner is interchangeable youll get free sat but there nothing stopping you looking down the c/s route either,itgate will and does work fine as a sat box.
Freck

allivnotsa
24th June, 2010, 11:01 AM
what images are available at the moment?, contemplating getting a spiderbox and replacing my tm6800hd, dont know what to do next, as i said earlier was told this linux box was the dogs and fully future proof when the change over came, dogs not bollox yes.

freck
24th June, 2010, 12:49 PM
UKUR v7.9 and V8 work fine,then you can also choose from unofficial images like EDG,DS Team,Sif,Pli etc.
All available from a simple google search,any problems come back here and we'll help.
Frreck

allivnotsa
24th June, 2010, 06:22 PM
have ukur 7.9 at the moment any emus working on satellite?

freck
25th June, 2010, 06:02 PM
CCcam 2.1.4 will work but youll have to do a manual install,itgate server down so no direct downloads to receiver.
Freck

shamusbhoy
1st July, 2010, 07:42 PM
When doing a manual install in 7.9 do you just ftp the contents of bin to var/bin and etc to var/etc? not sure as I'm just changing over from cable to sat.

freck
2nd July, 2010, 02:51 PM
Just change the tuner and leave on the 7.9 image and do a factory reset and scan.
Freck

shamusbhoy
2nd July, 2010, 05:06 PM
Sorry was replying to post 7 where it says to manually install cccam 2.14 which I have downloaded and not sure where to put the files.I'll follow what you have said when my dish is set up thanks.

freck
2nd July, 2010, 08:40 PM
Ftpcccam 2.1.4 to tmp then goto software update with your controls and choose manual install(yellow button i think) and youll see cccam_2.1.4_full.tar.gz,press ok to install and leave the box do its thing, then goto blue buton and you should see it in your cams.
Ftp files to var/etc if your going down that road.:celticparty:
Freck

plasterer
3rd July, 2010, 11:32 PM
Good advice Freck
My 220 running smooth clearing all with a sat tuner in
few of these still available from Jono
Think there 35 quid
Push on in 2 mins
Its like a new box ,Itgates still a class box .........Paul

allivnotsa
4th July, 2010, 03:02 PM
hi plasterer, wot channels are you clearing with the sat tuner? in two minds to buy a tuner for my 220 or just get a spiderbox.

plasterer
4th July, 2010, 04:02 PM
It will clear anything you subscribe to
If your dish is pointing at it ..........Paul

allivnotsa
4th July, 2010, 06:18 PM
would i get anything more than my tm6800hd with patches at the mo with most going nag 3.?

redondo5
11th July, 2010, 05:04 PM
Just change the tuner and leave on the 7.9 image and do a factory reset and scan.
Freck

I did this and everything seemed to be going fine until i have to scan for the channels.

I select my setup - simple (one sat at 28.2e)

then try the scan it locks with 78-85% signal but 0 showing on BER. I go ahead with scan and it finds many transponders (around 70 I think)

But with 0 Serivces Found even ('FTA only' finds 0).

The same Sat cable works fine with a spiderbox - all channels running clear on spiderbox but no services being found with itgate 220

What is the problem likely to be.... could it be some setting on the box or is the tuner more sensitive and does the lnb need to be adjusted for the itgate?

freck
18th July, 2010, 12:10 PM
Do a factory reset on the itgate and try again,itgate tuners are no different than any other(sensitivity wise),I've replied to your other post re test,If you want to send it over I'll test it out.
Freck

redondo5
18th July, 2010, 09:05 PM
Do a factory reset on the itgate and try again,itgate tuners are no different than any other(sensitivity wise),I've replied to your other post re test,If you want to send it over I'll test it out.
Freck

i tried with several factory resets and reflashing with difference imaged 7.9 and 8.0 ireland ukur .... does not make a difference