PDA

View Full Version : keymaster

cavkieran
28th November, 2008, 08:35 PM
please someone help me.I now know how to do it, but where do i get the keymaster.rar from.
please help a poor inocent virgin!!!!

Jaffa
28th November, 2008, 08:49 PM
please someone help me.I now know how to do it, but where do i get the keymaster.rar from.
please help a poor inocent virgin!!!!

How could I not help a request like that....lol

Keymaster in 1st post on link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/new-keys-here-12850/

cavkieran
28th November, 2008, 09:07 PM
many thanks oh great one.

batmikey
28th November, 2008, 09:09 PM
cheers thanks for advice

chitter
28th November, 2008, 09:12 PM
i need step by step idiots guide instructions to get my starview working. anyone help me?

Jaffa
28th November, 2008, 09:15 PM
i need step by step idiots guide instructions to get my starview working. anyone help me?

Its in the stickies, always the best place to look

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/how-manually-update-keys-starview-12863/

joe69
29th November, 2008, 03:29 AM
so i'm posting this message so i can download keymaster.rar then let the fun begin lol

joe69
29th November, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hey guys got my box working again hardest part was finding and installing winrar, i'm hooked lol took all of 10 mins, 6 of those wasted on winrar lol.:devil::devil:

cavkieran
29th November, 2008, 09:43 AM
IAM such a dickhead at stuff like this i know i need the pure keys for ntl england but at the end off key one its a single letter. How do i do that help please.
yours very thank full cav

beetroot21
29th November, 2008, 11:11 AM
is this keymaster easy to use?????

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 11:16 AM
IAM such a dickhead at stuff like this i know i need the pure keys for ntl england but at the end off key one its a single letter. How do i do that help please.
yours very thank full cav

Just place the cursor on the last digit and use right arrow key to move across, its there but just is off the screen.

Piece of cake to use m8. Just run it and the keys show.

squirreluk
29th November, 2008, 11:18 AM
yours very thank full cav l

dont worry mate, your no dick head. Ive got the same problem. my box is looking for 2 digits not one. It seems strange that the other keys all end in 2 digits and the pure keys dont.:santaclaus:

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 11:19 AM
l

dont worry mate, your no dick head. Ive got the same problem. my box is looking for 2 digits not one. It seems strange that the other keys all end in 2 digits and the pure keys dont.:santaclaus:

Look up at post above yours...lol

scott.herring
29th November, 2008, 11:24 AM
Sorry to be a pain, i can see you are helping everyone, but could you please help me? I have managed to obtain the new keys, and think i entered them right. But im not getting any results!?! I am a Virgin user in Surrey, UK. Please can you advise the details that i need to amend and which key i should use (CW, TW or PURE??).

Thanks in advance

squirreluk
29th November, 2008, 11:25 AM
Just place the cursor on the last digit and use right arrow key to move across, its there but just is off the screen.

Thanks for the advice mate, now im the one who feels like a dickhead lol. worked a treat.

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 11:27 AM
Sorry to be a pain, i can see you are helping everyone, but could you please help me? I have managed to obtain the new keys, and think i entered them right. But im not getting any results!?! I am a Virgin user in Surrey, UK. Please can you advise the details that i need to amend and which key i should use (CW, TW or PURE??).

Thanks in advance

From what I have read and looking at net IDs, Surrey is C&W

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the advice mate, now im the one who feels like a dickhead lol. worked a treat.

I just found it by accident when I went to highlight it and copy it. I will let you tell the next person who asks it...and I bet someone will.

scott.herring
29th November, 2008, 11:31 AM
From what I have read and looking at net IDs, urrey is C&W

I was always under the impression it was NTL, or at least thats what setting my box normally had i think!?! If it is NTL, which keys should i use??

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 11:33 AM
I was always under the impression it was NTL, or at least thats what setting my box normally had i think!?! If it is NTL, which keys should i use??

According to the net IDs, there is Surrey which is CW and Surrey Hersham which is NTL. If it is NTL then use pure keys.

h13vyy
29th November, 2008, 11:55 AM
i love ya'lllll. skysports is backkk babyyyyy!

willhous
29th November, 2008, 12:10 PM
I had the same problem with the missing last digit now solved thanks to you but still dont seem able to bring box back up.
should keycode be on or off
and should I set default key

everytime I enter codes and then go back and look at them again key 1 code has changed from what I entered

haroon1982
29th November, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hi

how do you find the right codes you need to input, im new to all this thanks

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hi

how do you find the right codes you need to input, im new to all this thanks

You need the keymaster at link below.

brickman
29th November, 2008, 12:14 PM
I have been trying for a couple of days now.
Interesting thing is according to the list my area is N*L but its actually TW. Tried both keys in both options, ie pure in N*L and TW in the TW sets as well as swapping them around and nowt. Getting fed up now.
Scan in N*L gets 0 channels, scan in TW get three hundred and odd, so it definately looks like i'm TW yet the codes just wont work.

Anyone else have this one?

therainmaker
29th November, 2008, 12:14 PM
hey guys this is a fab forum - excellent community - keep it up !!!!:champions:

willhous
29th November, 2008, 12:15 PM
you need to get an application called keymaster run it and choose the codes for your area of the country then enter them manually into box

brickman
29th November, 2008, 12:17 PM
hello willhous

got the codes from keymaster, but no joy...

willhous
29th November, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Brickman
same for me not been able to bring box back up yet

brickman
29th November, 2008, 12:31 PM
I have to be honest, whilst its a bit frustrating, its fun to watch the battle between VM and those who crack the codes.

As fast as one updates the other hacks and breaks it!

It'd be entertaining to know how its done. Anyone know how the codes are derived?

Jaffa
29th November, 2008, 12:34 PM
It'd be entertaining to know how its done. Anyone know how the codes are derived?

Unles you are into coding and hex editing then you really dont want to know...lol. Its all way above my head.

Just on your problems. Are you bth using the proper codes for your area, ie: Pure, CW or TW

brickman
29th November, 2008, 12:39 PM
yeah Jaffa, i have tried both sets and even swapped them around to check to see if it helps. No joy. Never mind.
I have posted a new subject on breaking the keycode side of things, as I dont want to sidetrack the thread.

I am about to start a vb and Csharp course at work (I hope), so the coding side of things may yet come up!

Cheers anyway.

sabb
29th November, 2008, 12:40 PM
l

hi mates its very easy common sence. when you change the keys if you have notice you don't change all the keys only 3 or 4 keys you are diffarent rest are same. in pure second last digit was diffrent and last one was same. like B.

haroon1982
29th November, 2008, 12:43 PM
Thank you, I clicked on key master which program do I use to open it as it opened up and I cant read anything on there thanks for your help

willhous
29th November, 2008, 12:49 PM
I got it working many thanks it was a stupid mistake on my part had not updated the firmware for box although i thought I had

willhous
29th November, 2008, 12:54 PM
box now working was a stupid mistake on my part had not updated to lastest firmware althogh i thought I had

brickman
29th November, 2008, 01:58 PM
wilhous, what version of firmware did you use?

sumairg
29th November, 2008, 02:06 PM
thanks alot dude

redmel59
29th November, 2008, 02:09 PM
I have been trying for a couple of days now.
Interesting thing is according to the list my area is N*L but its actually TW. Tried both keys in both options, ie pure in N*L and TW in the TW sets as well as swapping them around and nowt. Getting fed up now.
Scan in N*L gets 0 channels, scan in TW get three hundred and odd, so it definately looks like i'm TW yet the codes just wont work.

Anyone else have this one?

EXACTLY the same issues mate !!!

Getting very frustrated now :vollkommenauf:

brickman
29th November, 2008, 02:13 PM
it looks like VM have upped the ante a fair bit with their new security.

I do have faith that some clever so and so will sort it eventually, but to be honest we may have to bite the bullet for a week or 2 until it arrives.

If you manage to sort anything let me know with a pm will you?

I have tried a factory reset and then the codes and scan, emu back on and still no joy. Looks like some areas just dont work with the codes from keymaster.
hey-ho

Cheers

rm13_hammer
29th November, 2008, 02:15 PM

relaxholmes
29th November, 2008, 02:18 PM
Thank you, I clicked on key master which program do I use to open it as it opened up and I cant read anything on there thanks for your help try winrar:vroam::vroam:

walshy009
29th November, 2008, 02:31 PM
it looks like VM have upped the ante a fair bit with their new security.

I do have faith that some clever so and so will sort it eventually, but to be honest we may have to bite the bullet for a week or 2 until it arrives.

If you manage to sort anything let me know with a pm will you?

I have tried a factory reset and then the codes and scan, emu back on and still no joy. Looks like some areas just dont work with the codes from keymaster.
hey-ho

Cheers

I think your right mate, I have tried all of them

justin
29th November, 2008, 02:55 PM
New to this but i got winrar from his site. its free for a trial period it will get you going for now if i find some free stuff i will let you all Know http://www.download.com/windows/3055-2250

relaxholmes
29th November, 2008, 02:56 PM
this might help wen u put codes in 00 line ye move upto 00 an store there then move to 01 and after code input move upto 01 and store,GL IT WORKED A TREAT 4 ME

relaxholmes
29th November, 2008, 02:58 PM
New to this but i got winrar from his site. its free for a trial period it will get you going for now if i find some free stuff i will let you all Know

TRIAL PERIOD IS ALL YOU NEED TO GET HE KEYMASTER UP AN RUNNING ,
GL

justinpv
29th November, 2008, 03:04 PM
worked great now can watch man utd v city tomorrow wooooooooo

zak99
29th November, 2008, 03:06 PM
thanks for the help

willhous
29th November, 2008, 03:51 PM
my box just went down again

laventine
29th November, 2008, 04:09 PM
yeah mine went down at 2.30, just checked keymaster and theres a new code...

xerxes
30th November, 2008, 10:39 PM

lol its a piece of cake.. just open it and refresh.. u got everything u needed :D

s777dat
1st December, 2008, 01:43 AM
hey everyone, im new here so be gentle, im trying to download the keymaster, but it keeps giving me a message the i have to post on the forum first,

so here i am

how many post do i need to put up?, or will the moderators be kind enough to help out,

i do use other forums like afterdawn, but it dont allow codes n links,

any info would be appreciated

thanks again

dingo1
1st December, 2008, 02:56 AM
it doesnt let me download keymaster.. whyyyy

digisuzy
1st December, 2008, 02:57 AM
You should be able to get it now!

digisuzy
1st December, 2008, 02:58 AM
You need to post first to qualify for downloads.

strontydog
1st December, 2008, 03:07 AM
How may times do I need to post before I can download?

dingo1
1st December, 2008, 03:11 AM
yeh its let me download now thanks for your help.... so all i have to do now then is follow the manual guide thats provided on the site?

MooPig
24th December, 2008, 02:05 PM
thanks for posting this...

daver78
28th January, 2009, 03:33 PM
hey guys, great site this is my first text just recently got the starview box, but i'm in need of the keymaster.

jasbo7
28th January, 2009, 03:59 PM
How could I not help a request like that....lol

Keymaster in 1st post on link below.

Thank Jaffa for this one mate

iansalt
20th February, 2009, 06:09 PM
keymaster.rar help i need it to v1.2 not working keys have gone thx

blueeyed
22nd February, 2009, 01:54 AM
Keymaster gone down here too :(

Dreamer
22nd February, 2009, 01:57 AM
see this link here for more information...
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/keymaster-v1-2-a-15751/index38.html#post149980

angrymango
28th March, 2009, 03:50 PM
it won't let me download it

jckw
28th March, 2009, 03:57 PM
it won't let me download it

u have to wait 15mins or so for download after 1st post

shirwan
7th May, 2009, 08:43 PM
Key master stiopped any one knows where to find latest keys?

joe69
16th July, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hmm box just went down again lets see who's messing what up lol, here we go.

joe69
16th July, 2009, 02:44 PM
Problem is virgin media lol
Check link
Virgin Media > help > service status > status ticket:region=EM (http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/regionissues.do?regions=EM&prodName=status+home)

taag2646
19th July, 2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks in advance
TW = Virgin

boomer39
19th July, 2009, 11:16 PM
why not download latest firmware???

ambararasan
31st July, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hello
Has anything changed in North London, since last 2 weeks my signal on Starview Box 5 isn't working and no channels are displayed.
Any help appreciated.

-Ambar:coffin: