PDA

View Full Version : Why would you want to connect DreamBox to the Internet

Glidingdoc
28th November, 2008, 08:48 PM
I really do apologise if this is a dumb question. I am a total newbie and general techno-nit. I read on these postings about how you might connect a DreamBox to the internet via various cables and a modem. Why would you want to connect the DreamBox to the internet? Does it do something other than receive cable TV? Could such an arrangement "pick-up" TV from other countries?

opsmonkey
28th November, 2008, 09:04 PM
Dream Multimedia make dreamboxes for Sat Cable & DVB-T

just google it mate..

benny/9
28th November, 2008, 09:14 PM
I really do apologise if this is a dumb question. I am a total newbie and general techno-nit. I read on these postings about how you might connect a DreamBox to the internet via various cables and a modem. Why would you want to connect the DreamBox to the internet? Does it do something other than receive cable TV? Could such an arrangement "pick-up" TV from other countries?
the dreambox like many other satellite receivers does pick up tv and radio channels from many countries without the need to be connected to a computer with a ethernet cable, some dreamboxes have dual tuners to receive satellite and cable. to connect to a server and network it has to be a satellite tuner model,it can give you more scope to open channels. just think how they get more channels that are not open on a patched receiver or a cam.

Curious123
28th November, 2008, 11:34 PM

Main reason for connecting it to the internet is that it allows us to download plugins, cams and other addons directly from the image makers download site directly to our dreambox. Connecting it to the internet allows us to manage our dreambox from anywhere outside our home network as well other options such as cardsharing.

math
13th December, 2008, 01:15 AM
u also can record from your dreambox to your PC

Glidingdoc
26th December, 2008, 01:22 AM
Thank you all for the clarification.