PDA

View Full Version : What's best PS3 of xBox 360?

Ice Blerk
13th April, 2008, 09:14 PM
A mature, reasoned debate please, no petty "mine's better than your's" slanging please.

allycoops
13th April, 2008, 09:15 PM
quite agree, mines better than witchy's thought, :boxing:

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:31 PM
quite agree, mines better than witchy's thought, :boxing:

aye right ya f@&ing Fann&, your machine is made from old plastic cups, washing up bottles and egg trays ;)

Sigh, ye olde console war threads, will they ever end?!

My opinion...

PS3 = fantastic, expensive and not hacked.
360 = fantastic, cheap and hacked.

If the PS3 was hacked then I'd have one of those too.

allycoops
13th April, 2008, 09:33 PM
pmsl, lol

I dont have any experience of the xbox, but Love the PS3 for Blu ray and other HD content. I ainta gamer so they dont really matter to me.

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:38 PM
You right into Blu-ray mate?

I prefer to just download my HD rips from the net, ~~~~ paying ?20 for a film ;)

I'm a tight cnut. ;)

Mate has a few Blu-ray for his ps3 but he has a pissy cheap lcd telly so the picture is...err....not so good. I've seen displays in shops where ps3's are showing Blu-ray movies and it's ~~~~~ing amazing. I keep asking my mate to bring his PS3 to my house to test it on my 50" HDTV but i think he knows that once i have it here I'll not give it back to him ;)

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:42 PM
I dont have any experience of the xbox

Mate the 360 is pretty cheap these days, especially the bottom of the range 'Arcade' machine, you should grab one, I think you'll be pretty suprised by the quality of the games for it, I swear they are every bit as gorgeous as the PS3 versions, not only that but the games are 'freeee' ;)

Arr, u said you're not really into games anyway, in that case forget it :)

allycoops
13th April, 2008, 09:52 PM
Ive only got a few Blu Ray at the moment but you can pick them up for a tenner now and again online. I'll get more of the movies I like when they become cheaper,
once the discs and the burners become cheaper I'll do my own. Like i say games dont bother me, Ive got 3, RFOM, COD4 and another cant remember which, I had a few shots and they were ok ,fantasic graphics, I download alot of HD stuff to watch and the blu rays I have are amazing quality on the pio plasma,
my brother in law buys at least 2-3 a week but he can afford it (git) and has the best of gear, pio lx70a, a 60 inch pio living room and a 42 in pio in games room with wii, ps3 xbox360, so wife borrows his blu rays.

thommo
13th April, 2008, 09:58 PM
ive got them both,

ps3 looks better (cosmetics) but isnt hacked (bad bad bad) fewer quality games but up side free online games for the games that are out and worth playing.

360 hacked so alls good lots of quality games to choose from, pay to play but it aint bad as the 360 online knocks spots off the ps3 effort (may change when home comes out for ps3).

360 at this minute in time kicks bells out of the ps3 on usablity ei: games and online.

ps3 should or will kick ten bells out of the 360 if they sort some games and get it hacked and sort the online friends thing.

im not a 360 fanboy (what the ~~~~ is a fanboy lol) or a sony fanboy, i just enjoy a good game and i dont care what it looks like cometic wise all im intrested in is the playabilty and being able to find my mates on there.

there will be an arguement for both when there both equal on the hack/online/games..

gears for 360, worth having a 360 to play that alone (gears 2 too soon)

ps3 soon to be worth having for metal gear alone.

theres never going to be a winner or loser as no one agrees.

i like vw you like ford sort of thing you wont change peoples minds if they have set it on one console, me ive the two so can tell it as i see it based on using both and not based on which i bought which is the usual case.

two kids fighting on the net ps3 is best other one no 360 is best and neither one of them has even played on the other consle let alone owned one.

no arguement to me unless you,ve had them both, then you can decide which you think is best and not which is best.

C64
13th April, 2008, 10:07 PM
Thats a damn fine post Thommo, stop making great posts, I'm gonna have to give you more REP!

I can't give u rep, I've gave you too much already :)

janobi
14th April, 2008, 07:19 PM
I got both to. But to be honest, I aint even taken the PS3 out of the box, and probably wont until they are chipped. As I too am like witchy a right tight cnut. So I will stick with the stuff I got on the 360 for now, until MGS4 comes out, then I may be tempted to crack open the PS3.

bigguns247
14th April, 2008, 11:46 PM
I've got both but end up playing on the 360 more, to be honest it's because the 360 controllers are miles better than the ps 3 ones, particularly racing games, the trigger buttons on 360 are so instinctive for braking/acceleration compared to the ones on the ps 3 my fingers slip off and they feel like they'll break if i get too excited on a game!

sargie
21st April, 2008, 11:26 AM
I've got both but end up playing on the 360 more, to be honest it's because the 360 controllers are miles better than the ps 3 ones, particularly racing games, the trigger buttons on 360 are so instinctive for braking/acceleration compared to the ones on the ps 3 my fingers slip off and they feel like they'll break if i get too excited on a game!

ah im not the only one then when playing motor storm once the old fingers get a bit sweaty in the heat of excitement they slip off of those triggers far to easily.

violentj
21st April, 2008, 11:49 AM
i had both yet still get called a 360 fanboy ,i dont think i am,but the 360 is the better machine at this moment in time,i will get another ps3 as soon as the insurance comes thru as it is a good machine and i really really like motorstorm

the developers are struggling with the ps3 hardware and architecture at the moment
ps3 ports to the 360 look ace
but 360 ports to the ps3 fare much worse-this will be rectified ala ps2 once they get to grips with the machine

there both proper games consoles not some fad like the wii

as for the ps3 controller use the trigger extenders given away free with ps3world
(i think)

cobblers
24th April, 2008, 09:17 PM
i would say imo that ps3 cos my gf likes singstar and blu ray so its not really my opinion...just hers

mini-moog
11th May, 2008, 05:48 PM
i've never understood the whole fanboy thing. i have a ps3 but both are great machines.

sj5301397
1st January, 2009, 06:08 PM
ps3 is better because of blueray and its 1080p but xbox 360 no blueray and no 1080p just old 1080i so ps3 much much better.

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:14 PM
ps3 is better because of blueray and its 1080p but xbox 360 no blueray and no 1080p just old 1080i so ps3 much much better.

blu-ray is the new betamax/minidisc. forget hard copies of films. the future is hd content on a media drive

please explain to me exactly how 1080p is better than 1080i

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blogs/welwynnick-64635/152-once-all-1080p-better-than-1080i.html

C64
1st January, 2009, 06:20 PM

I don't know where you're getting your facts mate, but the 360 has supported 1080p since around late 2006/early 2007.

The 360 has no Blu-Ray, but seriously, who wants it anyway? :)

I just sold my PS3 as (IMO) it was a waste of money.

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:37 PM
I don't know where you're getting your facts mate, but the 360 has supported 1080p since around late 2006/early 2007.

Didn't known that, but you're right

The 360 has no Blu-Ray, but seriously, who wants it anyway? :).
not me. as i've said above optical media is playing its last post

I just sold my PS3 as (IMO) it was a waste of money.

i sold mine after 3 weeks.
couldnt agrre more mate top post

amackay
7th January, 2009, 02:43 PM
yeah my girlfriend thinks that the xbox 360 sucks, she loves the ps3 too. I like both personally, although I think the 360 just sneaks it!

Raven
9th January, 2009, 12:46 AM
I've owned both consoles also.....and it is just as thommo said in an earlier post, horses for courses....like I prefer the PS3 personally overall simply because mainly I prefer it's exclusive titles to the 360 exclusives....But there are alot of variables for me too like for example PS3 looks better to me and 360 has or had hardware failure epidemics, I don't play online very much at all so Xbox Live doesn't factor in for me but I do much prefer the 360 pad especially for racing games (never thought I'd say I prefer an Xbox pad over a Playstation pad lol)......so yeah I've owned both and for me personally I think the PS3 is better as I prefer it...but 360 gets major points for being hackable....PS3 likewise for blu ray....and Uncharted Drake's Fortune lol.

I must be a closet Sony fanboy because I was the same last time out aswell I preferred the PS2 to the Xbox because of the exclusives...even though Xbox was obviously so much more configurable and powerful by comparison.....I think the shoe is probably on the other foot now though in that I think the PS3 is obviously the more powerful and configurable (my opinion only, and on account of being able to install linux on ps3).....but I still prefer the exclusives on Sony's console....of the few they have left that M$ didn't nick.....it would be funny if Sony paid Epic or Bungie to have either Gears 3 or Halo 4 on multiplatform lol not that I like either game to be honest but they are staples of Xbox just as Final Fantasy is for Playstation which it was announced was coming out on 360 earlier last year, another steal for Microsoft....Mind you to be fair Sony have made new franchises already in Uncharted, Motorstorm and LittleBigPlanet which is just as well really because aside from the online and price that's what will end up making or breaking the PS3 ultimately - good exclusive games.

PS3 > 360 for me overall, just about. As I don't play online and I prefer PS3's exclusives to 360's.

sully-jnr
9th January, 2009, 12:48 AM
XBOX360 NEVER BEEN A PS3 PERSON

mosschops
9th January, 2009, 01:34 AM
Had a 360 for a while and yup very decent machine , just got a ps3 at xmas mainly for the blueray( i am an anorack and like all the xtras and downloadable content ) . Both machines look great play great but as allready stated both have pros and cons ,for me the xbox is far more user friendly, open the box plug in and go but paying to play on line hmmm. ps3 harder to set up (just) FREE online play ( may change if you have a subscription based game) . for me I would say the xbox pips the ps3 to the post at the moment for ease of use and game play but the ps3 has got better graphics on console specific titles, also it supports blueray where as xbox backed hddvd .
just my opinion

Raven
10th January, 2009, 02:14 AM
ps3 harder to set up (just)

.....How ? I owned both aswell mate and the setup is the same - plug goes in, aerial too, and joypad.....that's all there is to it really - unless you were talking about creating a Sony ID thing in which case I understand what you mean - my username was full of random numbers as it wouldn't take anything else I typed in lol.

the ps3 has got better graphics on console specific titles,
just my opinion

....Yes someone finally agrees, I've been saying the same thing from day 1 about PS3 having better graphics on their exclusives by comparison to 360 exclusives but the Xbox fanboys who say they own a PS3 but probably never have love to argue the toss.

I think anybody who has owned either console would probably agree (perhaps grudgingly or maybe not) that PS3 exclusive games do have the best graphics. Personally I just say 1 look at Uncharted, Motorstorm or Metal Gear and it would be apparent to any free thinker that them graphics are better than Halo, Forza and Gears for example - comparing Motorstorm to Forza in particular but try telling an Xbox fanboy lol.

I think it's fairly apparent that I much prefer the PS3 in all but every way over the 360....but I don't consider myself a PS3 fanboy even though I sing PS3's praises quite abit and slate the 360 sometimes....but the difference is I do so from a factual and as purposely unbiased as I can be standpoint as the big difference between a fanboy and someone who prefers whichever machine is that person usually has or had both and goes with which one suits him best as opposed to fanboys who just spout bollocks about which ever 1 console they have and that's the difference.

Anyone that doesn't know what a fanboy is it's basically someone who won't touch something just because it's a competing brand.......so Xbox fanboys won't touch Playstation just because it's Playstation and it's the same vice versa.....Playstation fanboys won't touch Xbox just because it's Xbox - it's all bullshit and childish really. That's why I can't stand them fanboys, I hate them with a vengeance. They really do my tits in. Especially when one of them starts treating you like a tw@t and arguing about their console and how ur a cnut just because you have a different unbiased opinion to their biased one - that really makes me want to rip their throats out lol......it's like you're not allowed to have or form an opinion anymore or may god have mercy on your soul if the opinion is different to theirs honestly.....that's why I tell them so and say it like it is whenever that happens...and then proceed to get banned from said forum because nobody likes a strong opinion or being told, so it seems lol.

I'll never forget the time I got banned from a forum for trying to help people, nothing dodgy either....you heard me correctly. Banned for trying to help. Well actually I was new and some arrogent elitist tw@ came into my tutorial thread (a lengthy one too, took me a while to type - just like my emulation tutorial on this forum that I wrote) and started crapping all over it as a point of principle so I ripped into that person - he was having a go back but I got banned for it in the end I think it was when I said they were all a bunch of ungrateful n ignorent bastards is what did it lol mind you saying that anybody that was chiming in was doing so purely to have a pop at me it was like a newbie witchunt! So I called them all a set of ungrateful whinging cnuts and they didn't like it - I was determined to stand my ground though. Couldn't believe it when the admin person PM'd me and told me I was banned from posting, he was an arrogent arsehole aswell come to think of it and I got that impression by a single PM....not what he said but for sure how he purposely put it.....banned for trying to help people that's the best one yet......saying that if I carry on I'm liable to get banned from this forum for rabbitin on! lol

s5wnsea
11th January, 2009, 09:10 PM
My 360 just gone down with 1red light.Crap aftersales with microsoft

C64
11th January, 2009, 09:15 PM
My 360 just gone down with 1red light.Crap aftersales with microsoft

What's crap about it?

They should have arranged a courier to come and pickup the console.

It's not a patch on SONY's customer service though as they would send a courier complete with a replacemnt refurbished machine.

SONY have the best customer service I've ever dealt with.

Microsofts team are ok, but they could take a few leafs out of SONY's CS manual.

C64
11th January, 2009, 09:21 PM
....Yes someone finally agrees, I've been saying the same thing from day 1 about PS3 having better graphics on their exclusives by comparison to 360 exclusives but the Xbox fanboys who say they own a PS3 but probably never have love to argue the toss.

Well you would expect 'exclusives' to have the better graphics seeing as they are EXCLUSIVE to the machine ;)

I'm happy to say I own a PSX, PS2, PSP and PS3, I also own a Nintendo Wii, DS, Gamecube, SNES and NES, SEGA Dreamcast, Megadrive, Master System, NEC PC Engine, Commodore Amiga CD32, Amiga 1200, Amiga 500, Commodore 64, Commodore VIC20, Sinclair Spectrum 48k (rubber key one) and a ZX81.

I have other machines but can't remember. :)

I'm NOT a fanboy.

I just prefer my Xbox 360.

Eugene1888
11th January, 2009, 09:21 PM
If you want the absolute best then PS3 rocks, however it is sore on electric and pricey and as yet can't be chipped.
The 360 on the other hand is great for online, has brilliant games, it's cheap and it can easily be modified to allow copy games to be downloaded and played.

C64
11th January, 2009, 09:26 PM
If you want the absolute best then PS3 rocks,

How come I didn't thnk it was the absolute best?

It was very good but 95% of the games I could get for free on my hacked Xbox360, and many places report that the 360 version of the games play and look better than the PS3 version, how is that?

Raven
11th January, 2009, 11:13 PM
witchy I never said that you are or were a fanboy...if I did I would have said "witchy ur a fanboy tw@t!" lol .....but seriously though you say you prefer the 360 and that's honestly perfectly alright as that's your opinion and you are entitled to it as everybody is different, like I prefer the PS3 because I genuinely feel that it has much the better exclusive games for me personally as I get more enjoyment out of them and I'm not a big fan of online play as it happens so PS3 suits me more on it's own merits than the 360 does.....that's just how I feel and that's just the way it is for me. Doesn't make me a fanboy either, it's just my own opinion....do you see what I'm getting at ? There is a big difference between a fanboy and someone who just prefers that system.

Also just to touch upon your point about the expecting exclusive games to have better graphics for that console....I understand what your point was, but I'm not certain you understood mine I was just saying the PS3 exclusives do have better graphics than the 360 exclusive - sometimes it's marginal other times it's striking.

I'll answer for the other guy if you don't mind lol....obviously you didn't find the PS3 the absolute best because you prefer the 360 as the 360 suits you more as the type of gamer/person that you are whereas I'm the same but much more on the PS3 side of things. ;)

Finally your point on alot of the multiplatform games looking better on the 360 than on the PS3.....honestly it's marginal, but, nontheless it probably has something to do with the internals of the consoles....I haven't tried Assassin's Creed on either console but that will be interesting as it started out as a PS3 exclusive....also Final Fantasy XIII on 360 will be interesting aswell for the same reason....but I just look at the PS3 exclusives like MGS4 and especially Motorstorm and Uncharted and for me they are head and shoulders above anything on the 360 that I've seen....maybe head and shoulders is a bold statement and don't get me wrong the 360 graphics can be really great....but let me put it to you this way from my perspective, honestly now it's just that apart from perhaps the opening level of Halo 3 nothing has really blown me away graphically speaking on the 360 and instantly I might add....but the PS3 has done a few times now with it's exclusives and instantly so when I first saw Motorstorm and Uncharted - and these are relatively early PS3 games.....Personally I shudder to think what the PS3 will be showcasing in a couple of years! :)

My guess is in a couple of years for Microsoft unless they bring out another console the 360 will still be red ringing, XBLive will be same as ever but Home will be either much improved or scrapped alltogether.....but personally I think M$ will release another console then because as it is the 360 is on a plateau and it's difficult to see it improving much beyond it's current state reallistically....which could very well hinder it in the long run.

davidred5
12th January, 2009, 11:55 AM
This question has done the rounds countless times on the Internet, I have had both the 360 and the PS3 (I now have 2 PS3's)

Which is better:
In all honesty it comes down to individual preference and is entirley dependant on what you want from a console.

And how much your budget stretches to.

:driver:

Raven
13th January, 2009, 04:08 AM
I now own both, PS3 for me for sure....it's true though it really is a preference thing and even as gamers everybody is different and unique - it doesn't make 1 console better than another as a matter of fact - just as a matter of strong opinion.

janobi
13th January, 2009, 10:24 AM
As many people have advised, there is no real way of saying one is better than the other. I also have both consoles. I have the 360 for the oodles of games, and I got my PS3 for exclusives like little big planet, motorstorm and resistance.

gamerderek
24th March, 2010, 01:56 PM
i have both console and tested them both on my 32 inch hd tv with hdmi,tried to change all the settings on both consoles with no difference in graphics when i was playing call of duty waw and the winner was xbox 360 for better graphics and even sounded better so if u want a gaming console i suggest u get the xb360 just for the better graphics.ps the ps3 controller is rubbish and too small and is made for kids the xb360 controller also wins in this contest,think i wll now sell the ps3 on ebay

misternessuno
30th March, 2010, 09:15 PM
I think the PS3 is better

Jinto
30th March, 2010, 11:42 PM
I own both and I also think it comes down to personal preference, both have there high and low points.

Though I do use my Xbox 360 for gaming and the PS3 for Blueray and the few PS3 exclusives that come out.