PDA

View Full Version : how old is your cable box

jainorm1
13th April, 2008, 09:47 PM
I got my cable box last month and found this site when i lost channels.
Seeing all the info here i was wondering how long have cable boxes been in the uk and how long do they last

C64
13th April, 2008, 09:57 PM
I've got an old analogue box that's still working ;)

I was a sky customer for the first year that the Pace boxes were hacked, I then got pissed off with Sky and bought a second hand pace box which came with a lovely paired ROM7, I followed a tutorial which was posted on the now defunct Modshack website and before i knew it i had all the channels, all i had to do was buy a card programmer, i think it was a dynamite programmer i used in those days. I've still got the old pace box and it's still going strong, i personally don't use it as I've given it to my mate but he is still using it no problem, that box must be about 6 years old!

My current kit is a Satellite DM500 and an ancient Sagem Dbox2, I've had the Sagem for about 4 years and it's as good now as they day i bought it, the poor Sagem gets a lot of bad press but mine is perfect :)

teddy143
13th April, 2008, 10:18 PM
well this is all new to me , i am more into sat and have a sky-star 1 card, dream box 7000s and a lemon 020 but the lemon is back in it's box lol

yes got one a box a couple of weeks ago Kryptview arnet, cost me ?70 and quite easy to set up

Teddy

C64
13th April, 2008, 10:29 PM
Kryptview is a nice box mate, a bit boring but works well and has really good software support.

I used to have a Skystar1 aswell mate, sold it for a Techontrend 2.1, sold both of them eventually and moved over to linux boxes.

teddy143
13th April, 2008, 11:13 PM
didn't really want a cable box , just wanted something simple that worked lol

yes started off with a sky-star card then moved onto the dream box and had loads of fun with them both, dish is a bit off the arc at the moment so just on boring Sat's at the moment , but hay gets the footy don't it lol

Teddy

MILLY0107
14th April, 2008, 03:25 PM
just wondering how to do dwn the satelite route, used to have sky, still got all equipment, can anything be done to recieve free satalite channels

tafremetrics
29th April, 2008, 05:31 AM
dreambox 500c, only ten months and still going strong

pingg20
13th May, 2008, 09:49 PM
hi i would just like to reinforce what was said regards to sagem dbox2 these boxes were A1 of cable boxes in there regime i still have high regards for them as they are still running well with latest software and easy fix or replace any components if needbe longlive sagem!!! and nokia :proud:i have ventured into dreamboxes to give it a go again thanks to all for all the help on digital kaos++++