PDA

View Full Version : change imei number on 3gs or get unblocked ??

kingy999
24th June, 2010, 10:11 PM
hi

i have a 32 gig 3gs , unlocked and jail broken , i think its blocked , anything i can do to it ?? apart from a door stop ...
change imei ??? or get it unblocked ??

many thanks

Canker_Canison
25th June, 2010, 01:05 PM
There is no solution to unblocking the Iphone at present. Given Apple control everything through Itunes I would be surprised if any IMEI change would work.

Think of it as an Ipod Touch now.

janobi
2nd July, 2010, 10:55 AM
You can change the imei, but its illegal and more expensive than buying a new iphone. But tbh I would just give the phone back to whoever you have stolen it from.

kingy999
5th July, 2010, 07:11 AM
hi

i didnt steal it , i bought it from some dick head that cancelled or didnt pay his contract a week later after me buying it ...

so facts right please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for nothing !!!!

janobi
5th July, 2010, 07:11 PM
hi

i didnt steal it , i bought it from some dick head that cancelled or didnt pay his contract a week later after me buying it ...

so facts right please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for nothing !!!!

Ok first off the phone would not get blocked after a week. It would take more like 3 months for it to get blocked for non-payment. Only stolen phones are blocked immediately.

2nd point, dont buy from dick heads, or crack heads for that matter. If something seems to good to be true, then it normally is.

And no problem, I got plenty of nothings for you XD

kingy999
5th July, 2010, 09:10 PM
well anyway what ever went on , it worked for a week then went off !!!! i phone o2 and they said it was barred ....
and thought if there was a way to get it working again i will do it .....

so i didnt steal it ..... i got riped off ...

davvo
6th July, 2010, 12:11 AM
try this

How to Change Your iPhone IMEI with ZiPhone

guide here

iClarified - iPhone - How to Change Your iPhone IMEI with ZiPhone (Windows) (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=657)

ziphone
Download ziPhone v3 Official ? (http://download.ziphone.org/)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8735/ziphonepic.jpg

janobi
6th July, 2010, 08:31 AM
well anyway what ever went on , it worked for a week then went off !!!! i phone o2 and they said it was barred ....
and thought if there was a way to get it working again i will do it .....

so i didnt steal it ..... i got riped off ...

I highly doubt that you called O2 and they told you that. Simply because of the data protection act. As your not the name on the account, then they wont tell you anything.

And its been barred on the phone network, so I doubt setting a fake IMEI will work, although you could try it. Basically you have a nice door stop.

Canker_Canison
6th July, 2010, 10:07 PM
I highly doubt that you called O2 and they told you that. Simply because of the data protection act. As your not the name on the account, then they wont tell you anything.

And its been barred on the phone network, so I doubt setting a fake IMEI will work, although you could try it. Basically you have a nice door stop.

Just to correct you... Anyone can call their network & give an IMEI for checking. You will get a yes or no answer & the network that blacklisted it. No account details are given so data protection doesn't come into it.

It can take 3 months for a phone to be blacklisted on all UK networks. The host network activates immediately & the others catch up depending on system update schedules.

An IMEI change will get the phone working again if a non-blacklisted IMEI is used. Since the networks only log reported phones, not all phones. But Apple my block usage of Itunes as all the handset details are logged with them. It may also stop updating the OS.
Still, there's always Winamp to fall back on.

Oh, IMEI changing is very illegal & you can get 5 years if caught by the old bill.

Just looked at the post by Davvo. This won't work with the later Iphones & OS updates. Looks like 1st gen only.

janobi
6th July, 2010, 10:39 PM
Just to correct you... Anyone can call their network & give an IMEI for checking. You will get a yes or no answer & the network that blacklisted it. No account details are given so data protection doesn't come into it.

It can take 3 months for a phone to be blacklisted on all UK networks. The host network activates immediately & the others catch up depending on system update schedules.

An IMEI change will get the phone working again if a non-blacklisted IMEI is used. Since the networks only log reported phones, not all phones. But Apple my block usage of Itunes as all the handset details are logged with them. It may also stop updating the OS.
Still, there's always Winamp to fall back on.

Oh, IMEI changing is very illegal & you can get 5 years if caught by the old bill.

Just looked at the post by Davvo. This won't work with the later Iphones & OS updates. Looks like 1st gen only.

I used to work for vodafone, and we would never confirm that a phone has been blacklisted unless you were the account holder, may be different with other companies, but with vodafone it is a categorically no.

To change the IMEI you would need an unbanned IMEI to change it to, so unless you have another Iphone IMEI to add, I dont see how this would work. And as you said, its super illegal to change an imei.

Canker_Canison
7th July, 2010, 01:21 AM
I also work in the industry, Orange & 3... Hutchinson Wampoa in both cases. But now I'm independent.

Orange, T-Mobile & O2 will verify IMEI status to any caller.

IMEI changes do work. As long as a blacklisted number isn't used. With most phones it doesn't even need to match the same make/model handset. Just changing the country code is enough to get it working.

But as stated, Iphone details are logged with Itunes & all their handsets have an American country code, even european models. Even if it was possible for a tech to change the IMEI, it's not worth the risk.

If you hadn't guessed, I've had experiance in reprogramming IMEI's. But all the test handsets I've played with had their original IMEI restored when I had finished with them. Just part of the learning process

janobi
7th July, 2010, 08:15 AM
I also work in the industry, Orange & 3... Hutchinson Wampoa in both cases. But now I'm independent.

Orange, T-Mobile & O2 will verify IMEI status to any caller.

IMEI changes do work. As long as a blacklisted number isn't used. With most phones it doesn't even need to match the same make/model handset. Just changing the country code is enough to get it working.

But as stated, Iphone details are logged with Itunes & all their handsets have an American country code, even european models. Even if it was possible for a tech to change the IMEI, it's not worth the risk.

If you hadn't guessed, I've had experiance in reprogramming IMEI's. But all the test handsets I've played with had their original IMEI restored when I had finished with them. Just part of the learning process

Absolutely mate, and no real experience with IMEI cloning, am aware it happens, but always been told that its too expensive for it to be realistic. I am suprised that other phone companies will confirm this information for you, as clearly you would only be ringing if the phone had been stolen or bought dodgily.

Canker_Canison
7th July, 2010, 03:38 PM
I call Orange a lot for IMEI checks. If it's blacklisted then it either belongs to someone else or the host network. So we can seize it & call the police, depending on how much of a smack-rat the person trying to sell it is.

IMEI changes can be very easy to do, if you have the right equipment. As far as I'm aware there's no solution for the Iphone, Nokia handsets are bullet proof to IMEI changes as are Sony Ericsson A2 handsets (although a solution does exist but is not being made public). HTC & Blackberry handsets are unknown to me as I don't have access to the hardware, but my instinct tells me they are secure.

ljangus
18th January, 2012, 11:17 PM
Do you know if it's possible to repair/correct the IMEI of a badly gone wrong flash of a 3G dongle ZTE (MF627) - currently flashed (hobbling back from slightly bricked) to 626 firmware - I tried to correct it with NV manager and Service Programming but I get a write permission error, any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,
Llew