PDA

View Full Version : Smart ForTwo 450 & TACHO UNIVERSAL V2008

Hugo01
25th June, 2010, 09:05 AM
Hi, do anyone knows if I can reprogram a Smart ForTwo (2005) instrument cluster which was already used on another vehicle with the Tacho Universal 2008 tool?

Pairing a brand new cluster can be done without any problem with Star. But when I want to use the old cluster, from another Smart, the Star won't work. I know, I need an EPROM programmer, but I have no clue which one.

Thanks
Robin

wsc
27th June, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hi, do anyone knows if I can reprogram a Smart ForTwo (2005) instrument cluster which was already used on another vehicle with the Tacho Universal 2008 tool?

Pairing a brand new cluster can be done without any problem with Star. But when I want to use the old cluster, from another Smart, the Star won't work. I know, I need an EPROM programmer, but I have no clue which one.

Thanks
Robin

Yes mate
Only need read the pic 93c66 and pm me sent you original file

powerpower
27th June, 2010, 11:23 PM
I have one tacho universal 2008
Yes is possible

I?m Portuguese

carsolution
28th June, 2010, 01:20 AM
you must read 93c66 and put in line 0020 the chassi number of the car or else the in the pace of the Km you are going to have ------.
Read the eprom from the old one and put the same code you have in the new one.
Almost every programmer even the cheapest one can read 93c66.
If you have the old clusuter read the 93c66 with Tacho and save the file.
After that copy the file for the 93c66 in the new cluster you want to adapt.
Regards,
Nuno

Hugo01
3rd July, 2010, 05:36 PM
thank you guys. Can you recommend me a programmer? How I can read the cluster, I mean physicaly? Do I need to solder some wires on the cluster, or connect it to some connector.... ?

Thanks again

alimmo
3rd July, 2010, 05:48 PM
If you are just changing cluster and simply want mileage to read same and cluster work on the car, then all you need to do is swap the eeprom, "job done" no need for programmers etc, however if you want to change the mileage value then you will need to do as advised by others in post.

Let me know how you get on.
Regards

Hugo01
3rd July, 2010, 07:59 PM
jap, that's all I need at this moment. The cluster on my car stop working, so I need to change it with used, but working one. On the other hand, I like to play with my Smart car, so if the EPROM "stuff" can change something handy, I will think about buying it.

How do I swap the EPROM anyway?

alimmo
3rd July, 2010, 11:44 PM
Desolder 93c66 and replace with the original all you need is soldering or Air station thats all.
there isnt much to play around with and not something i would recommend this advice is for simply fixing your issue.
i hope that was helpfull

Hugo01
4th July, 2010, 08:01 AM
jap, it helps, thank you. The 93c66 chip is somewhere "deep" in the cluster, right? I took the cluster out, but I didn't see this chip on the board. There is a Micronas CDVU-1409, if I wrote it correctly.

Anyway, maybe you will know what is comming wrong. My cluster works perfectly except the small display where it shows gears (A - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - R). It just stop showing gears. When I tried to put there different cluster it shows the gears again. So the problem is in my old cluster. Do you know what happend and if this is fixable?

When I spoke about "something handy" I ment, I want, for example make working together outside temperature and the remaining fuel on the cluster. Because when I activate the outside temperature in DAS, then the remaining fuel function stop workint. One guy from Mercedes told me, it's normal and only way how to activate both, is change it "somehow" on the cluster. He said it's not possible to do it on DAS.

I also wants to turn off the speed limiter, recalibrate the speedometer, and so on. So if this is possible with some EPROM programmer, I will buy it.

Thanks

wsc
4th July, 2010, 11:36 PM
jap, it helps, thank you. The 93c66 chip is somewhere "deep" in the cluster, right? I took the cluster out, but I didn't see this chip on the board. There is a Micronas CDVU-1409, if I wrote it correctly.

Anyway, maybe you will know what is comming wrong. My cluster works perfectly except the small display where it shows gears (A - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - R). It just stop showing gears. When I tried to put there different cluster it shows the gears again. So the problem is in my old cluster. Do you know what happend and if this is fixable?

When I spoke about "something handy" I ment, I want, for example make working together outside temperature and the remaining fuel on the cluster. Because when I activate the outside temperature in DAS, then the remaining fuel function stop workint. One guy from Mercedes told me, it's normal and only way how to activate both, is change it "somehow" on the cluster. He said it's not possible to do it on DAS.

I also wants to turn off the speed limiter, recalibrate the speedometer, and so on. So if this is possible with some EPROM programmer, I will buy it.

Thanks
Your prob is the cluster.Find a eeprom programer read the 93c66 and write it in a new or used cluster
Good luck mate

milanista
7th July, 2010, 12:34 PM
thank you guys. Can you recommend me a programmer? How I can read the cluster, I mean physicaly? Do I need to solder some wires on the cluster, or connect it to some connector.... ?

Thanks again

With the Abrites Mercedes commander you can R/W the EEPROM without soldering.