PDA

View Full Version : help please some channels missing

ash1809
13th April, 2008, 10:18 PM
After a lot of help from you guys on here I have successfully sorted my box out but I am missing sky sports one and E4 , can anybody tell me if I can get them back ? if so how? i have done a scan again but no luck !!!!

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 10:30 PM
Reconnect all your coax connections leading up to the box. Make sure all the connectors are tight.

And try again :)

C64
13th April, 2008, 10:33 PM
Like KAOS says, recheck all the cables it's almost certainly a signal issue.

The good news is that your fix has definately worked otherwise you'd only be getting BBC1, ITV etc.

ash1809
13th April, 2008, 10:34 PM
I've done all that am afraid, scanned 3 times but no luck !!!!

I know am not complaining lol but really want SS1

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 10:39 PM
Missing channels from a scan is 99% of time down to signal strength.

Disconnect all splitters and connect the dreambox direct to the main feed. Do another scan and see if you get SP1 back. If you do, then you know it's a signal issue and you'll need a signal booster or better quality splitter.

ash1809
13th April, 2008, 10:43 PM
ok cool i have a booster somewhere in the loft, never managed to connect it to the DB any idea how?

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 11:05 PM
Never used one myself but I would imagine it's a case of using a normal aerial cable.

Try adding it right behind the dreambox and right after the feed comes into the house. See which signal level is best.

Menu > Information > Stream Info > 3rd page

Note the SNR value, this should be > 92% (approx.) before you'll get all the channels.

desidude
14th April, 2008, 09:59 AM
I had this problem and I used a booster which never fixed it. Then it seem to fix itself when VM took over. It was def a signal strength issue and I was told the 500c tuner isnt great either. Dont know how true that is

benmnotts
14th April, 2008, 10:18 AM
some times if you hav splits in the cable or spliters can weakean the signal best bet is to buy a long quality coax cable as this sorted my problem out hope this helps

ash1809
15th April, 2008, 03:08 PM
cheers guys I think it might be the splitter, I have a 3 way splitter in my ntl connection box outside, also the coax cable I have going upstairs seems thinner than the normal ntl one. Can anybody tell me what type of cable I need and where to buy them?

thx

richjon
15th April, 2008, 03:26 PM
if you can get the services file for your area , it may contain your missing files