PDA

View Full Version : 40GB 60Gb or 80Gb

aqy007
28th November, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm getting a PS3 for christmas but wanted to know which is the best one. Although 60gb version is not being sold anymore, i was told its better than others as it comes with all the extras. Is that true?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Cable Baron
28th November, 2008, 10:41 PM
the 60gb comes with card reader built into the front panel, not really that useful. it also plays old ps2 games. the only ps3 consoles on sale (new) are the 80gb and the 160gb. depending on what you plan to store on the ps3 i.e. lots of movies you may want to but the 160gb which is roughly ?350.

Stuart Raynor
29th November, 2008, 11:06 AM
If you plan on playing PS2 games the 60gb is the only one to get. If only playing PS3 games it dosn,t matter, bigger hard drives can be fitted if you need more stoage space later

davidred5
16th December, 2008, 12:40 PM
Different models of the Sony PS3 support different levels of backwards compatability with Sony PS2 games.

The 20 gig and 60 gig NTSC models of the Sony PS3 are the absolute best models for backwards compatability with the Sony PS2.

Available on certain auction sites

These models contain/contained PS2 circuitry in hardware. Each of these units contains a full PS2 Emotion Engine (EE).

Unfortunately, this hardware-based approach was very expensive and Sony discontinued the 60 gig PS3 after a very short time.

Even though the older 60GB version ps3 plays ps2 games its only certain games on the list that it will play properly. otherwise its a case of trial & error & see what you can get to work. if you have the 40GB version this will not play ps2 games.

Again I hope this helps if you need any further calrification please let me know.

blackpanda
9th January, 2009, 09:40 AM
Different models of the Sony PS3 support different levels of backwards compatability with Sony PS2 games.

The 20 gig and 60 gig NTSC models of the Sony PS3 are the absolute best models for backwards compatability with the Sony PS2.

Available on certain auction sites

These models contain/contained PS2 circuitry in hardware. Each of these units contains a full PS2 Emotion Engine (EE).

Unfortunately, this hardware-based approach was very expensive and Sony discontinued the 60 gig PS3 after a very short time.

Even though the older 60GB version ps3 plays ps2 games its only certain games on the list that it will play properly. otherwise its a case of trial & error & see what you can get to work. if you have the 40GB version this will not play ps2 games.

Again I hope this helps if you need any further calrification please let me know.

mmm what bout the ps3 60gb that first released in uk? anything good about that?

Raven
10th January, 2009, 01:35 AM
I don't really see the point in backwards compatibility because most people probably still have a PS2 or something that can play the games.....my point is I don't know why Sony/Microsoft bothered with backwards compatibility if it wasn't going to be like how Nintendo have done it with the Wii where all previous gen games work.