PDA

View Full Version : GM Tech-2 (chinese) experiences?

rzoltan
26th June, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

I want to ask your experiences about chinese GM Tech-2 interface. It has hardware key, and can do SPS programming?

Thank you in advance.

rongxiang
27th June, 2010, 03:08 AM
I have the hardware key.

BimmerGT1
27th June, 2010, 05:17 AM
Hi all,

I want to ask your experiences about chinese GM Tech-2 interface. It has hardware key, and can do SPS programming?

Thank you in advance.

I bought 2 units from different supliers, both work fine, until I bought the original tech2 card from one of this suppliers It does snapshots, and programming but one of the units wont acept the card, it seems like one of the edges close to the pin connector side , is been damage well one of the problems, the main problem I think is after I use explorer manager to upload the file to the tech2 card on my laptop I did it many times with no problems it work just fine, but after that day I cudnt it goes up to 25% and gives an error related to power , cudnt find a card of 12v or something like that, and the other card finish fine but when when I plu to the tech2 it wont recognizre the card it disply downloading mode and that it, but a clone card work fine so I use this to diagnose, ifany body knows how to do a low level format or some fix like that in order to be able to use the card again please help.

:bounce:

Until today Im using tech2 clone from china it does SPS and all, still working fine I have a software emulator for dongle it works great on american NAO, Brasil, Isuzu, I do SPS on all this vehicles with no problems. justa make sure you get a card for SPS, snapshots and it will work.

A630V
27th June, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi... I bought a chinese OPEL TECH2 interface in Spain, from two years now and it stills working fine. If you use the right sotf you wont found any inconvenience ...
Theres no need of drivers and Opel tech II is an Auto exec file, so it doesn't need to install.
I Hope it's been helpfull 4U

Gonzalo

cklair
27th June, 2010, 04:44 PM
any body out there in north america using clone tech 2 for programing and updating ecm without a problem,any suggestion.im thinking to buy one .

incar
29th June, 2010, 06:41 AM
Hi!
I dont get it You talking about this interface?

CNOBD2
29th June, 2010, 11:20 AM
HI,
Chinese CLone Tech II dont have hardware key but it can do protramming

Hi all,

Thank you in advance.

CNOBD2
29th June, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hi,
I am sure the clone Tech II can programe but i am not sure whether it can update ECM. Maybe I should share the Tech II manuel and MDI manuel here. But how to share large PDF file here??????

any body out there in north america using clone tech 2 for programing and updating ecm without a problem,any suggestion.im thinking to buy one .

greenthumb
3rd July, 2010, 02:12 AM
i would like to know as well. i would spend a grand or more on a working tech 2 the cheaper the better though

youssef70
10th July, 2010, 10:36 PM
Hi,
Maybe I should share the Tech II manuel and MDI manuel here. But how to share large PDF file here??????
rapidshare or megaupload......

pipa12
13th July, 2010, 10:21 AM
Me too would like to know - how is it? is it worth the price ?

mad79
13th July, 2010, 04:21 PM
clones read bin file from airbag unit?

alex1986
23rd December, 2010, 09:18 AM
You should use the TIS200 dongle and software for reprogrammer SPS and access Immo SYSTEM but just work for 2008 year or older. for new cars, you should use the MDI moudle programming online

etech
27th February, 2011, 03:24 PM
hi have been reading and would like to ask if any one compare clone tech2 to real tech2 pros and cons in programming area for north american

alex1986
28th February, 2011, 02:09 PM
The TIS2000 Dongle( the newest one is USB flash type ) and the TIS 2000 software could do the SPS programming . usually the chinese gm tech 2 kit not included it . you should point it speartly that you need it very important . may be need more $100.0 for the dongle and software

etech
6th March, 2011, 05:58 PM
thanks for that any thing else a problem?

drakov
6th March, 2011, 06:22 PM
buy MDI instead as it will run tech2win and do sps flashing and also do latest model cars that tech2 won't do

nutloose
6th March, 2011, 06:37 PM
I heard that Tech2Win was glitchy with the MDI so I've been waiting before getting one.
I suppose I'll have to get one soon I have already turned away one Insignia job.

As far as the clone Tech II goes IMHO the vetronix version is quite prone to faults so I can't see a GOOD clone being any different. I think the alternative OE supplier SPX? would be the option of choice

Fahrer
7th March, 2011, 09:41 PM
I recently bought a clone Tech2 from OBD II Scanner-OBD II Automotive Diagnostic Tools & Scanners (http://www.obdiiscanner.com/)
Had nothing but problems with it so far.

First thing is that they included a pc-card that has a hardcoded write protect (no physical switch).

The answer I got was that if a newer software version came up, I had to order a new pc-card :banghead:

Second is that I have tried to connect it to 4 different computers without any luck.
Yes the machines had generic RS232 ports and XP OS.
It also fails the UART test. Main UART = (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter).

Recived no answer from them yet...

erold
9th March, 2011, 07:03 PM
Is there anyone who has a highres image of a working Tech2 mainboard? i try to repair my non working serialport

Braincandy
14th March, 2011, 09:36 AM
erold:

I had to repair my RS232 port in my chinese cloned Tech2. The problem was the RS232 circuit on the mainbody of the Tech2. After changing that everything worked just fina again.

My problem now is that the RTC Post test fails every time..
And the chinese support is not wirth anything, they don?t even answer mail..

/Henrik

ibmman
14th March, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi!
I dont get it You talking about this interface?

This is what they are talking about.
VETRONIX GM TECH 2 NOT A CHINA KNOCK OFF - eBay (item 150576839181 end time Mar-20-11 19:27:50 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VETRONIX-GM-TECH-2-NOT-CHINA-KNOCK-OFF-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230f143a0dQQitemZ15057 6839181QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools)

bordom
18th March, 2011, 10:11 PM
Some tech2 pcb fotos:

????????????--Tech2????? (http://www.shguandong.com/Tech2.aspx)

erold
20th March, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thank for all help
I have repair my broken Tech2 serialport i change the max232 and now it works

Poptest
2nd September, 2011, 05:59 AM
I bought 2 units from different supliers, both work fine, until I bought the original tech2 card from one of this suppliers It does snapshots, and programming but one of the units wont acept the card, it seems like one of the edges close to the pin connector side , is been damage well one of the problems, the main problem I think is after I use explorer manager to upload the file to the tech2 card on my laptop I did it many times with no problems it work just fine, but after that day I cudnt it goes up to 25% and gives an error related to power , cudnt find a card of 12v or something like that, and the other card finish fine but when when I plu to the tech2 it wont recognizre the card it disply downloading mode and that it, but a clone card work fine so I use this to diagnose, ifany body knows how to do a low level format or some fix like that in order to be able to use the card again please help.

:bounce:

Until today Im using tech2 clone from china it does SPS and all, still working fine I have a software emulator for dongle it works great on american NAO, Brasil, Isuzu, I do SPS on all this vehicles with no problems. justa make sure you get a card for SPS, snapshots and it will work.

Hello Bimmer,

I am also considering to buy a Tech2 clone from China because I cannot afford original.

Please tell me where you bought your good Tech2.

Thank you.

nicole99wu
2nd September, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.
hi, my8, the chinese GM Tech-2 can't program, if you want to do programming you need to buy the TIS2000 software. It has the hardware key. :devil:

nicole99wu
2nd September, 2011, 07:45 AM
Hello Bimmer,

I am also considering to buy a Tech2 clone from China because I cannot afford original.

Thank you.
hi, dear Poptest, if you consider to buy one, I can suggest you buy thiI also have one, I buy it one years ago, and it works well now, and they can supply us the technical support. I use it to program with the TIS2000 software.... :wink:

Poptest
4th September, 2011, 10:35 AM
hi, dear Poptest, if you consider to buy one, I can suggest you buy this GM Tech-2, (http://www.chinasinoy.com/wholesale/gm-tech2-gm-diagnostic-scanner.html) I also have one, I buy it one years ago, and it works well now, and they can supply us the technical support. I use it to program with the TIS2000 software.... :wink:

Thank you Nicole.......

Does your Tech2 work on Isuzu and Chevy?

How much is TIS2000 and where can I get this?

yellowstilo
4th September, 2011, 02:46 PM
Nicole is just a Chinese seller trying to sell her products here - read all her posts and you will see all of them pointing to the same Chinese site....
So i guess she can't answer specific questions just like most Chinese sellers....

MJRVR
4th September, 2011, 04:24 PM
Anyone know where you can buy a Gm MDI from?

I have a genuine Tech2 but it may be time to update soon.

Many thanks

Martin

diagmaster
5th September, 2011, 04:43 AM
Before buying, you should tell your seller: Will you choose GM or SAAB or Isuzu or Opel card?
Because every card to one brand cars. If you want to do more brands, they will ask your pay extra fee for other cards.
Hopt it be useful.

Hello Bimmer,

Thank you.