PDA

View Full Version : new dm800

yamar1
29th June, 2010, 04:59 PM
well, just got my new dm800 from t*ny at ya*otin, took 4 days delivery $230 usd all in around ?160. im well pleased with the box an unbelievable improvement from the dm500 iv been used to, just a couple of questions for you lot in the know as its my first enigma2 box.

it has on it; boot76, gemi5.0, sim2.01, fan on the heat sink, tunner alps version l3,

so is the gemini 5.0 image safe (will it brick the box with a bomb?)

can i flash with dream up?

and shall i change the image or stick with gemini 5.0, i liked the nabilosat darkstar 2 on the dm500, is there a nabilo image for the dm800 worth using which is stable.?

:hmmmm:

Oily
29th June, 2010, 07:10 PM
You can flash via the web interface.I'm using the DreamElite 1.3.3 image(Nabilo spin off) and its very stable.Nice skins with it to

southpaw
29th June, 2010, 10:21 PM
some say newnigma is a good image , i am using dreamelite , and seems good , just make sure you put images cracked for sim 2.01 then you will avoid the "no CA error"
gemini 5 is 1.6 based , if you wanna try various images , meoboot is good alternative to barry allen , just make sure you map your usb device 1st , and if 1.6 image is in flash , you can only put 1.6 in meoboot (original or cracked )

Any issues and im sure Bubbles will sort you out , if he dont know , it aint wirth knowing lol

yamar1
30th June, 2010, 04:28 PM
some say newnigma is a good image , i am using dreamelite , and seems good , just make sure you put images cracked for sim 2.01 then you will avoid the "no CA error"
gemini 5 is 1.6 based , if you wanna try various images , meoboot is good alternative to barry allen , just make sure you map your usb device 1st , and if 1.6 image is in flash , you can only put 1.6 in meoboot (original or cracked )

Any issues and im sure Bubbles will sort you out , if he dont know , it aint wirth knowing lol

iv just put dreamelite on it and meoboot is on the image, what is meoboot?

westkill
30th June, 2010, 04:32 PM
meoboot is like barryallen you can say boot other images from usb to try and keep dreamelite as main image in the flash and swap back to it

yamar1
30th June, 2010, 07:17 PM
meoboot is like barryallen you can say boot other images from usb to try and keep dreamelite as main image in the flash and swap back to it

ahh, so if i load an image to a usb stick and put it in the back of the db i can then run it via meoboot?

im new to the 800 but i love it!:tee:

westkill
30th June, 2010, 07:33 PM
havnt done iit for a while i think you need to format the stick in the dm800
then run the meoboot plugin to install the setup on the stick then you would have
to ftp the image to /media/usb/meoboot/Mbootupload
then follow install image then to boot new installed image i think lol

yamar1
30th June, 2010, 07:47 PM
havnt done iit for a while i think you need to format the stick in the dm800
then run the meoboot plugin to install the setup on the stick then you would have
to ftp the image to /media/usb/meoboot/Mbootupload
then follow install image then to boot new installed image i think lol

thanks, il have a go.

southpaw
30th June, 2010, 07:50 PM
as above with meoboot , just make sure you map the drive in device manager , and ensure OE1.6 Images are in meoboot,(as dreamelite is OE1.6 )

Sugest you have a play with your image for few days to get a feel for it , Then maybe take a backup (plugin called nfi backup) , do some reading on meoboot , as install involves telnet and ftp`ing , Can all be done with dreambox control centre programme

freck
30th June, 2010, 07:59 PM
thanks, il have a go.
By all means have a go but be very careful on what image you use as your secondary boot image....you could end up bricking the DM,new sim and bootloader on that new unit so doesnt need much doing to it albeit the Gemini images are a bit bland.Be sure you use an image suitable for your particular bootloader and sim
As the other post says,have a play around with the image you have on first because multi boot isnt for the faint hearted unless you like tinkering around with it and not viewing with it.
Best of luck and I use Dream Elite Black Hole Image on mine and its a nicely put together image with all I need/plugins etc.
Freck:party :

westkill
30th June, 2010, 08:08 PM
yea i would go with what these guys say first :)
especally using the right images and not crashing it
ive done it before and wished i had left it lol

yamar1
1st July, 2010, 04:50 PM
yea i would go with what these guys say first :)
especally using the right images and not crashing it
ive done it before and wished i had left it lol

thanks lads, on that advice i think il not bother with meoboot for now!. i succsessfuly flashed it with black hole and its much better than the gemini 5.0 which was on it so il stick with that.

one other thing, is there a way to dload the latest keys for digitv etc if its still going , i have a cs set up but anything else available?