PDA

View Full Version : wdtv live cant see my pc

daz24c
30th June, 2010, 10:42 AM
hi does any1 have 1 of these?i cant get the thing to see my pc.
im runnning windows xp and have a linksys router and wireless adaptor in the back of the wdtv.
my pc sees it and ive set it to allow to share but it wont see my pc!ive googled it but not found a solution.
can any1 help please
thanks

just noticed the same with my xbox 360 aswell.pc can see it but xbox cant see pc.i must be missing a setting or something silly

krazyvi3t
2nd July, 2010, 09:54 AM
Not sure but did u enable sharing and stuff from your computer i ran into that problem too once you share it..go into the media player and login and you should beable to view your files..oh yeah it only works from your shared folder.

daz24c
3rd July, 2010, 10:25 AM
thanks for the help but as i said in my first bit i have set up sharing on pc

krazyvi3t
4th July, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hmm...im not sure then cause thats how mines work..i had to use the media player look for my computer and login before it worked what kind of windows are u running?

billy2
5th July, 2010, 10:41 AM
had the same probs with my xtreamer the only why i can get it to work is by truning of my firewall

sirlisterofsmeg
5th July, 2010, 07:36 PM
Never had any problems with my Xtreamer
Looked at the WDTV but had really bad reviews and little support from WD so opted for the Xtreamer instead.
Best player out there especially with the mew LIVE content.
Looking for another for the bedroom now
Hooked up to a 4TB E-TRAYZ and a 1TB Buffalo hard wired on the network.
Even my PS3's & 360's can play most of the SD content from the server and my WiFi Zen can stream all my music aswell.
So glad i didnt buy the WD

hkaadan
30th July, 2010, 09:08 AM
i cant seem to do it neither