PDA

View Full Version : newbie to the dreambox world vet for fta got ???

the_fallen_angel
29th November, 2008, 02:37 AM
i just bought a new dreambox dm 500-s unit unfortuantly it is a clone i cannot get it to power on and dont really know yet how to set it up once i get past the whole issue of jtaging it to bring it back if that can even be done if you have any answers that will help me out i greatly appriecate it thank you ahead of time

Ps i am very familair with linux i use ubuntu mandrake and redhat as well as gentoo

Dreamer
29th November, 2008, 02:44 AM
My dear if you cannot get it to power on then return it to the supplier.

I think that would b the most important factor in getting a box going

you know where i am if you need me

krazylegz
29th November, 2008, 03:36 AM
if you bought it knowing that it was dead then there is a few threads explaining how to jtag it but if you bought it as working and its not then i'd send it back m8

the_fallen_angel
29th November, 2008, 04:25 AM
if you bought it knowing that it was dead then there is a few threads explaining how to jtag it but if you bought it as working and its not then i'd send it back m8

i got it powered up had the power cord backwords i had to buy a convertor for the U.S. but i got it powered up now i just need to find a flash for it now i believe the pli file is best

the_fallen_angel
29th November, 2008, 06:26 AM
i got it powered up and insatlled the latest flash but the tv screen just keeps rolling what can i do?????

westkill
29th November, 2008, 06:34 AM
did you use dreamup to flash the image :)

the_fallen_angel
29th November, 2008, 09:56 PM
did you use dreamup to flash the image :)

yep i used the pli enigma image
my screen just keeps rolling i have it hooked up via rca cables no scart adapter
i might try using a rg-6 cable to see if it makes any difference