PDA

View Full Version : Credit Crunch! ... who's laughing?

kasuku
29th November, 2008, 10:35 AM
With every trade someone loses out and someone gains. It's not like wealth just disappears, it has to be transferred to someone else.

All I'm seeing now is the person who lost.

No mention about who's laughing.
Who are the gainers? Are they in hiding?

melloned
29th November, 2008, 07:21 PM
I think in this case Mate , the wealth you talk of , has dissapeared , into the coffers of the big bankers and city Wheeler Dealers , who have pocketed billions at the expense of the man in the street .
They now have the gaul to plead for help , out of the disaster their own greed has created .
Personally , i think they should be hung instead of helped !
Cheers.

opsmonkey
29th November, 2008, 07:51 PM
im not hit..! Im a public sector worker so my wages only rise each year (twice).. my pension is secured too.. recession what recession

alec
1st December, 2008, 09:48 AM
Probably being transfer to China, India and the Arab oil states.
Brown inherited a 43% of GDP of debt and with all the borrowing will probably be around 60% of GDP in a few years. In effect we are living now off future generations.

pothead
1st December, 2008, 12:38 PM
im not hit..! Im a public sector worker so my wages only rise each year (twice).. my pension is secured too.. recession what recession

that sounds like the attitude you would expect from a public sector worker,but hopefully there will be less use for you ppl as the recession bites & usaully ppl that work in the public sector cant cut it in the real world,so i wouldnt gloat too much chap.all services will be affected ,like in the 80`s everything will suffer whether you think your better than others or not & 2 pay rises will have to be paid from somewhere.i remember the miners & the motor industry thinking along the same lines & look what happened to those useless money grabbers

opsmonkey
1st December, 2008, 03:48 PM
yep im dead useless.. was dead useless when i was on foot patrol in Helmand Province too..
was also dead useless in Bosnia and Sierra Leone..

typical response from a 'pothead' leftie.. go protest about something you know little about ;)

bugaloo41
4th December, 2008, 12:42 AM
Ops I pray that we never cut back on guys like you mate that really would be madness. And well done mate immense admiration for you guys.

tony_i
5th December, 2008, 09:24 AM
Isn't it the case that all this 'wealth' was a chimera anyway?

As soon as one block in the pyramid (US sub-prime motgages) collapsed the whole capitalist edifice was shown to be built on thin air.

Fnordcorps
5th December, 2008, 08:35 PM
The guys who own the banks are laughing all the way to the err banks

gingerninja
10th December, 2008, 05:23 PM
yes we have been living in a false economy for years.
governments try and keep the wealth within. taxes etc.
if your country produces things it can sell this is a bonus or necessity.
people with money normally invest in property or stocks shares in safe markets.

alot of people lost money in the markets. the rich will hardly be affected. The property market will always recover eventually.
whom banks the government coffers so they can bail out the other banks. whom do they owe money to. whom owes money to them.

unrealegg
10th December, 2008, 05:50 PM
Heard no signs of global warming since this has been out. Not complaining like

melloned
13th December, 2008, 01:32 AM
Try telling all the snorkel wearing polar bears that mate ! , and to add to thier woes , the bears tell me they still haven't got a fix for thier starview 1's !

TomJobby
13th December, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hi
Credit Crunch and Global warming are linked. All the measures to combat CO2 are costly and would slow down recovery.
Have a look at this
The Strata-Sphere ? Scientists Opposing The UN/IPCC On Global Warming 12 Times The Number Of IPCC Scientists (http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/7365)

Its the banks cashing in. Brown should switch to the martian gronk and stuff the banks.

blueice14
18th December, 2008, 09:38 PM
did someone say credit crunch !! all week ive spent ages in queues in town - seems like people are still out there spending loads more and more !! everythings out of stock that i want !! lol
mind you i guess it will probably start to hit people when the credit card bill comes through next year lol

melloned
29th December, 2008, 02:36 AM
:hmmmm:At the end of the day , life goes on , for anyone old enough , we've been there , seen it , got the T shirt ! , one in the 80's , another in the 90's , alomost lost our home in the first one ! , (15.5% interest rate + redundancy).
But i'm still here !

gmb45
29th December, 2008, 06:00 AM
the only people who will suffer in this sorry mess is the average worker and the unemployed,( and theres going to be lots more)this so called credit crunch has been brought on by greed,the rich will always have money,money breeds money no matter what the economic situation the rich will have stashed enough away to survive very comfortably.And what about prices supposed to be coming down now that fuel has come down a lot,no chance of that i went to wilkos yesterday for some soap a 4 pack of palmolive was 95p 2 weeks ago now ?1.68 how can they justify a 73p rise greed again you see,another thing that makes my blood boil is the amount of money this country sends abroad now im not against helping people but when theres pensioners really struggling and hundreds and hundreds of homeless people living on the streets in this day and age for gods sake we should look after our own first,and what about them on job seekers allowance ?60 a week thats a disgrace you might say get a job then but them c--ts in charge of the country say theres only 500,000 available and theres going to be 2,000,000 out of work soon, how do they get one? those who have caused this mess should be stripped of their wealth and thrown in prison for a long time.Politicians my god i love to hate them they are the biggest crooks,liers,cheats,2faced c--ts they give them selves massive pay rises,have huge expense accounts and when they are caught doing something wrong they get a massive pay off,if normal people get caught doing a bit of work on the side or fiddle a bit somewhere the throw the book at us.going to have to go now to calm down a bit got steam coming out of my ears.

opsmonkey
30th December, 2008, 03:40 AM
right.. the people that moan all the time about being poor can often be seen in:

The Betting Shop
The Pub
The Lottery Queue
The Smoking Area
?100 trainers

On the dole..? Get a job.. Simple.. Why..?

I was on the dole for 6 months.. went and got a job..
I know lads who were on the dole with me 10 years ago, still on it..
"Theres no jobs for me".. theres plenty, you just cant be arsed or think "I'm not doing that job"..

There's a problem for every solution given to them

There's 2 types of people in life:

Those that do & Those that cant be arsed..

gmb45
30th December, 2008, 05:45 AM
right.. the people that moan all the time about being poor can often be seen in:

The Betting Shop
The Pub
The Lottery Queue
The Smoking Area
?100 trainers

On the dole..? Get a job.. Simple.. Why..?

I was on the dole for 6 months.. went and got a job..
I know lads who were on the dole with me 10 years ago, still on it..
"Theres no jobs for me".. theres plenty, you just cant be arsed or think "I'm not doing that job"..

There's a problem for every solution given to them

Those that do & Those that cant be arsed..if this was aimed at my post just put something straight i work go out at 6 in the morning to travel to work and dont get back till 7pm at the earliest and work saturday mornings.

m-mafia
14th January, 2009, 07:12 PM
this is all a big conspiracy i tell thy

some one has control of the money dial and is tweaking the hell outta of it

i mean realy how can it of gone superbad so quick unless its all a sham

shady77
14th January, 2009, 07:14 PM
this cresdit crunch does my head in. wheres all the money gone? the actual paper money / gold is still there. its just the numbers on a computer arent. why didnt anybody say,"just type it back in"?

BobbyX
16th January, 2009, 09:48 AM
The government can print all the money they like but they don't because they want to keep us down.
Boo to the man!!!

microphone
22nd February, 2009, 05:04 PM
you are the one who has gained and are just pretending not to have gained your a secret agent for a government section that doesn't actually exist

spog000
24th February, 2009, 12:43 AM
if it's a global thing who are thay boroing from mmm

alunfennell
28th April, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well when you have big corperations taking / making billions of pounds ever year out of the economy either from the banking or other services and paying meager salary to employes along with little or no investement into the local economy, all the profits are been payed to share holders (a very small few at the top) eventually money runs out for us to keep these fat cat going...

Over the past number of years the basic price of living has increassed drastically along with services, taxes , and other little Luxurys we have become acoustomed too.. but the more we earn the more we end up having to spend ...As one wise man said (we are all one pay check away from living on the street) its not far off the truth when you seriously think about it...

All that is happening now are Goverments across the world are printing worthless money to pop up there econemys without the goods or services to backup the new money while the GDP stays the same when it should be far less than it is .....

In my mind most if not all stock exchanges across the world are broke but are trading on worthless freshly printed money while the fat cats sit back with there trillions from the past 10-15 years......waiting for there moment to strike again .......

Regards:
Alun

mpcrudeboy
1st July, 2009, 10:29 AM
rothchilds & rockerfellers

chroma
3rd July, 2009, 01:43 AM
In the words of Ayn Rand: "The god damned looters descended and took it all"

waqasahmed
13th July, 2009, 01:14 AM
I know BobbyX has been banned, but his post got me really annoyed and I felt I had to post. Printing more money creates high inflation(buyers stop buying as much) burning some money creates deflation(shareholders stop buying shares) and the least time shareholders stopped buying shares was the 1930's depression! Printing too much money can lead to hyperinflation as it did in Germany after WW1

Also a little snippet from my life at school.(Not really relevant here but here goes) countries are more likely to go to war when there is a major financial collapse(eg: during the depression) as there are more jobs available and even though this may sound really harsh, some of the population is killed off so more jobs still available. How many young people enrolled as soldiers for WW1 compared to WW2?

chroma
14th July, 2009, 12:37 PM
I know BobbyX has been banned, but his post got me really annoyed and I felt I had to post. Printing more money creates high inflation(buyers stop buying as much) burning some money creates deflation(shareholders stop buying shares) and the least time shareholders stopped buying shares was the 1930's depression! Printing too much money can lead to hyperinflation as it did in Germany after WW1

Also a little snippet from my life at school.(Not really relevant here but here goes) countries are more likely to go to war when there is a major financial collapse(eg: during the depression) as there are more jobs available and even though this may sound really harsh, some of the population is killed off so more jobs still available. How many young people enrolled as soldiers for WW1 compared to WW2?

I find that having to wheelbarrow a pile of deutchmarks just to pay for a loaf is good training for any prospective soldier, its sad when you cant fit enough marks in your car to pay to fill it with petrol.

bry88
10th September, 2009, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=opsmonkey;81554]yep im dead useless.. was dead useless when i was on foot patrol in Helmand Province too..
was also dead useless in Bosnia and Sierra Leone..

typical response from a 'pothead' leftie.. go protest about something you know little about ;)still no need to be so smug.

Col1n
7th October, 2009, 09:07 PM

Those that do & Those that cant be arsed..

Totally agree with these two lines, I spent almost 4 years not being arsed, before I grew up and started acting my age, then went and did something about it, been unemployed for all of 3 days in the last 10 years, although I have done some pretty boring jobs though.

waqasahmed
7th October, 2009, 11:12 PM
I complain about "being poor" when someone asks for money(Im still sponging of parents :D) but I CAN be arsed and I DO go out and look for jobs though my age group is worst hit by the credit crunch, even though times are bad. In a nutshell, all economies need is confidence, but not too much so it creates massive debts etc...

eg: in good times some of you here might have thought I could buy 10 computers and I can sell them on, but in bad economic times, you would think twice about doing that. What you lack here is confidence that people buy are buying your products. In good economic times, you might have took a big loan to buy 100's of computers and many others would have too, but then all that debt piles up and we end up having to giving away our gold stocks etc... to combat inflation

Gumbo
17th October, 2009, 09:54 PM
In answer to the OP I'm laughing.

I'm laughing at the huge homes that people bought at x10 of their salaries and are now having them repossesed.

I'm laughing at how people with little or no income were allowed to borrow on their credit cards and bling out their lives with luxaries that even the rich were tight to pay for.

I'm laughing at all the 'in debt, we can help' TV commercials I see everyday, they seemed to have replaced the 'want a cheap loan'

I could go on all day!

SuperSat
27th December, 2009, 06:21 PM
There is no credits crunch!!!
that was only an excuse!!!

smirnoff_rules
27th December, 2009, 06:28 PM
just an excuse to get rid of the dead wood

SuperSat
27th December, 2009, 06:35 PM
Absolutely got made redundant in October!!!
got replaced by someone else for cheaper!!
what a F*****g joke!!!
credit crunch my a**e!!

opsmonkey
27th December, 2009, 07:08 PM
bad news mate.. chinned off the older guys on good contracts to bring in some new lads on shite pay probably

SuperSat
27th December, 2009, 07:12 PM
Life's a beach!!!