PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Scope

anand_dattani
2nd July, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

I use a picoscope for my day to day day diagnostics and i love it. My dad doesnt like to spend money but even he said "if the picoscope goes down this morning we better have a new by the afternoon" lol.

Anyway my question is i am looking for an ignition scope. The pico doesnt allow you to do a parade of patterns and i think that is what i need. (not really used an ignition scope before). Can anyone suggest something that i can look at.

Thank you

jo?o antonio
2nd July, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

I use a picoscope for my day to day day diagnostics and i love it. My dad doesnt like to spend money but even he said "if the picoscope goes down this morning we better have a new by the afternoon" lol.

Anyway my question is i am looking for an ignition scope. The pico doesnt allow you to do a parade of patterns and i think that is what i need. (not really used an ignition scope before). Can anyone suggest something that i can look at.

Thank you

Hello friend,

My father too, he does not want me to spend money

My labscope cost $ 3,000.00

My labscope is a Hand-held Protek P-3850 20Mhz DM with logic analyzer, two channel, external trigger, inductive pick-up ignition system, it is an excellent
equipamento, but expensive.

I also have the low current probe AC / DC 60A

the_riddler
2nd July, 2010, 11:44 PM
Hi all,

Thank you

Pico does do secondary and primary igniton waves.
not certain if this is what you are looking for...
Watch the video..
frank massey is fantastic, and there is not alot he dont know.

racin-snake
3rd July, 2010, 02:24 AM
think the guys lookin for a scope which does raster and parade all four traces in line or on four lines ?
sun do a good ignition scope no attenuators to use just plain set up and go same software as solus pro i think
you can use tin foil as a cop probe good tool for the cash ?
mines works real well

automite
3rd July, 2010, 04:13 AM
Hi all,

Thank you

Get a Snap On MODIS, you will be pleased. It also works as a scantool too, a very good scantool.

anand_dattani
3rd July, 2010, 09:11 AM
"think the guys lookin for a scope which does raster and parade all four traces in line or on four lines"

This is exactly what i am looking for. Can the MODIS do this?

the_riddler
3rd July, 2010, 10:42 PM
"think the guys lookin for a scope which does raster and parade all four traces in line or on four lines"

pico 4 channel?? then.

racin-snake
3rd July, 2010, 11:22 PM
look for a second hand sun diagnostics sai3000 its a good scope and doess what ya need
and yer dad aint gonna hit the roof cos it aint too expensive ???

SIA 3000 OSCILOSKOP OSCILOSKOP AUTO-OSCILOSKOP MOTORTESTER MOTORTESTER (http://www.eltera.hr/sia_3000.htm)
same setup as modis but less than a third of thr price and no updates ?

automite
4th July, 2010, 06:25 PM

Yes, MODIS can do parade, raster, single cylinder, DIS, coil-on-plug... SAI3000 is the scope function portion of MODIS running on a PC, it has been discontinued in the US so there is no support for it. MODIS is a better choice for a little more money it has a very good scantool built in it.

picojeff
5th July, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Anand,

I'm an employee of Pico Technology so I'll keep the advertising to a minimum. We sell an accessory that might be the answer to your question: the Mixmaster ignition signal mixer. It lets you mix up to 12 cylinders in one parade display. You can use it with your PicoScope. I won't post a link in case it's against the rules of this forum, but you can find it on our website under "Ignition Accessories".

Best of luck!

the_riddler
5th July, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hi Anand,

I'm an employee of Pico Technology so I'll keep the advertising to a minimum. We sell an accessory that might be the answer to your question: the Mixmaster ignition signal mixer. It lets you mix up to 12 cylinders in one parade display. You can use it with your PicoScope. I won't post a link in case it's against the rules of this forum, but you can find it on our website under "Ignition Accessories".

Best of luck!

well well..

i was going to buy 4- auto-kit from pico, contacted there sales team.....WHAT A BUNCH OF ******* ****** they are..
bought fluke instead.
have a nice day, jeff.

Sleuth
9th July, 2010, 08:49 PM
I have a pico also, it is not needed with proper training to see the raster pattern..Pico said they would fix that one day...years ago...You can see the dwell and all with a pico, but on older cars I still like the Sun 500 machine I still use. It lets you see everything. But It AINT no pico..love it ! Try a search for autonerdz.. Search in the forums and you will see some homemade devices that may help you

electromech
9th July, 2010, 10:03 PM
Hi Anand,

Best of luck!
So you work for pico ???? well I know a few members here that would love to get their hands on this scope and like me the only problem is the high price I am sure you can get us a mini bulk discount and dont get me wrong the unit is worth every penny but seeing that we "know" you why not take advantage